Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2
#27 (01/06) :
Gintama (10)
Note: Smiley does not reflect actual amount of RAGE in this post.
I lose internet for a few days, and come back to THIS?! THIS!? Shogakukan's already on my bad side for taking away Hyde, and threatening Trau, but now Shuiesha's got Gintama in the basement?! I know it's still too powerful to be cancelled but this won't stand! THIS. WILL. NOT. STAND! >_> Now I remember why I don't check out Jump TOC standings...cause they're stressful!
But good for Beelze, I hope it lives at least long enough to get 10 volumes. That would be a good enough length to tell a nice story without going over board.
I may be wrong, but isn't the beginning of a new arc supposed to rank low, as opposed to the ending chapters? Assuming it's not an arc everyone was eagerly awaiting for, that is.
Makes sense to me that way... after all, the introduction to an arc tends to be where there's less action and interesting stuff happening, instead focusing on setting everything up for the following chapters.
Actually Gintama's sort of the opposite. It ranks really high earlier on in arcs, but middles out towards the end. See, what I've observed on 2ch is that people tend to bitch about serious arcs compared to the gag stories. Now I dunno if the editorial department feels the same way, but it seems that all people want out of Gintama is a series of lol moments. Or maybe Gintama's just begining to wear thin? Again with it's sales numbers, fan worship, and anime popularity, I don't see Gintoki heading off into the sunset yet, but this is slowly becoming a worrying trend.....