Archived Hangout Thread v. 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Oh, and with these kinds of discussion it's less of a general hang-out and more of a intelligent-discussions h-o in my opinion.

But again, I'm just a mere tiger that doesn't understand anything /sigh :(
Blai, dear, we surely don't want to turn this in a serious not-so-fun place. Feel free to keep on posting random thoughts...we just don't want this place to be as shallow as a msn convo, so elaborate on them. xD
The "hey, what's up" "lol, i'm nice" thing is not something that belongs to a forum, and yeah, it's really annoying to get home and find 2 unread pages full of...nothing.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Blai, dear, we surely don't want to turn this in a serious not-so-fun place. Feel free to keep on posting random thoughts...we just don't want this place to be as shallow as a msn convo, so elaborate on them. xD
The "hey, what's up" "lol, i'm nice" thing is not something that belongs to a forum, and yeah, it's really annoying to get home and find 2 unread pages full of...nothing.
Now THAT made me understand the message you were sending.

Thanks.
 

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Who has been keeping up with the Swine Flu. Yesterday the first death occured happened in the UK due to the virus. Is anyone scared, the figures are constantly rising.

The WHO have declared a pandemic, as 74 countries have been affect. There is 24,373 cases known so far.

Does this affect you in any way?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I found that if you use slang, people think you're dumb. :notrust

And if someone says "I know this Asian girl", it confuses me, I don't know if it is Oriental or South East Asian. But I would have to guess depending on where the speaking is speaking from or residing in, if it was in London, I would guess South East Asian. People here usually say Chinese/Japanese instead of "Asian" don't they?
Uhm... idk... In Sweden we ehm.. generalises a lot and if we see someone who is ethnic Asian then we say Asian, if we wanna specify where she's from we say Oriental or South East Asian or whatever part she comes from. But that's just from my personal experiences... and it's the same with every continent, not just Asia...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Well, just so you know, tiddy,

here are the countries of South East Asia:

* Brunei
* Burma (Myanmar)
* Cambodia
* Indonesia
* Laos
* Malaysia
* Philippines
* Singapore
* Thailand
* Vietnam
* East Timor

where most of the people are brown-skinned, as opposed to Chinese/Japanese which are fairer-skinned. Some races even have ancestors who were curly-haired, but the Chinese and Japanese (and perhaps other Asian countries) had straight-haired ancestors.
 

Asusp3v4x

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
889
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Renboy

I Really am not worried about the Swine I am just worried if it eventually escalates to something worst . Like a new swine flu... what about you man... afraid ?
 

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Asusp I'm finally getting more concerned about this topic. A few months ago I wasn't phased by it but now I'm getting scared!
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
I wouldn't be too scared, there hasn't been a lot of deaths in Europe as of late. Plus it's not like it isn't curable.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
If someone says "Look at the Asian girl over there!" here, I expect to see an east Asian girl or maybe a Thai girl or Vietnamese. Someone with distinctive almond eyes, small body built and a 'Eastern' typical light colored skin.

I would even go so far to say that I'd overlook persons of any other Asian ethic unless I'm specifically told to look for a Pakistani or an Indian or someone from Egypt.

Vice versa, I would specific a region myself if I'd pointed to someone who's not east Asian and use "Asia" as a general description for someone from the Eastern part.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Well apparently they already have a vaccine for it, but it's very expensive? I'm not sure I just read it in some other thread :p I'm not too scared about it because I keep my health up, and I'm just at home most of the time. I don't want it near me, that's all.
 

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I found that if you use slang, people think you're dumb. :notrust

And if someone says "I know this Asian girl", it confuses me, I don't know if it is Oriental or South East Asian. But I would have to guess depending on where the speaking is speaking from or residing in, if it was in London, I would guess South East Asian. People here usually say Chinese/Japanese instead of "Asian" don't they?
I have a bad habit of using asian for chinese. But that's mostly due to where I grew up because the only asians around are chinese. I specify otherwise if I'm referring to a japanese or a korean...or any other asian for that matter.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
yeah i agree with T.D.A!
here in germany we had 2 or 3 cases a few months ago and then it got lost somehow...
the media always hypes it a lot to make a good story,but when you don't hear anything anymore it's no danger anymore and no one cares anymore
they eat porc again and stuff
the media influences us germans a lot -_-;
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
you guys post so fast that when I reply to something, it ends up lost somewhere else coz you've moved to another convo or something :scry

do you refresh this thread every second? :s
 

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
lol, Airlines are getting afected as people are refunding their tickets because they fear if they were to go Mexico they could catch it

babyboisai, every 30 seconds I refresh because it seems plausible for someone to reply to my post
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Who has been keeping up with the Swine Flu. Yesterday the first death occured happened in the UK due to the virus. Is anyone scared, the figures are constantly rising.
Oh, don't remind me >.>

I was at a Japanese culture festival on Saturday in one of my neighbour towns and it just happens that the Japanese International school there was closed last week due to swine flu. Over 40 kids were confirmed victims and put under quarantine.

My granny called me on Friday in total panic to make me understand that I was running into my certain death there. Went nonetheless as well as around 850.000 other festival visitors. So if it's spreading now in Germany, you know now where it comes from <.<

And don't blame me! :yelling
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
yeah i agree with T.D.A!
here in germany we had 2 or 3 cases a few months ago and then it got lost somehow...
the media always hypes it a lot to make a good story,but when you don't hear anything anymore it's no danger anymore and no one cares anymore
they eat porc again and stuff
the media influences us germans a lot -_-;
You can't get swine flu from eating pork anyway, unless you eat uncooked pork, but who does that? The flu transmits like normal flu does.
 

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
wow I would be reacting like your grna did if my gran daughter was in a place which not only could kill herself but also people around her

Eni hopefully no one catched the virus, and if anyone did catch it. That person has spreaded it to another 100 people

You can even eat uncooked port T.D.A look, the pigs we should worry about eating are the ones that were delivered by someone infected by swine flu and the pigs from Mexico

But be warned don't eat uncooked pork otherwise you will get food poisoning
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
if you eat uncooked pork, it's not the swine flu you're getting.

you could get Staph, or tapeworms, or some other micro organisms that are MUCH DEADLIER than the swine flu. :oh
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You can't get swine flu from eating pork anyway, unless you eat uncooked pork, but who does that? The flu transmits like normal flu does.
that's not what i meant with that
when the people in germany hear that the swine flue is in germany or in europe they don't eat porc,they don't even want to touch it and don't want to get near to it,but after the media doesn't mention anything about it in the next week or two,they don't care anymore,eat porc,touch it,go dance with it,just because it's not mentioned in the news....

did anyone else hear that an infected farmer had sex with his swines and and infected them:oh....
 

Asusp3v4x

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
889
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What the fu**** :XD

Well that wouldn't surprise me... since it is very possible that AIDS infected Humanity because... some dude had sex with a monkey ¬¬...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top