Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Double Touché :amuse

The rasping voice he uses when he's batman is also really annoying...
Yeah and I hear it's the same one he uses as John Connor too, so see? He's not even acting. :notrust :p


I just saw the hangover, it was funny as hell. Bromances are going to replace chick flicks for a while.
Pineapple Express FTW!!! :yelling :nosebleed Seth Rogan and James Franco...:lick
 
Last edited:

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
5,080
Reaction score
2,366
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I imagine the cost is astronomical there. XP I liked the other theaters though because we had more variety even though they were stadium seating and all that. We had one for artsy movies, one for older movies, and some others that showed the same as the big theaters. Now we just have the Showplaces and movies are rarely there for very long. I want an imax closer than Navy Pier. I would definately pay the hefty price tag to see Star Trek in imax without having to drive forever to get there. :darn
Well I am fotrunate to have an IMAX by me, like 5 mins driving distance, but its not always the best place to see movies. Like the regular movies they play there, arent always meant to be seen in IMAX. I saw Dark Knight there, and it was just mass confusion, I couldn't follow anything. Plus my neck started to hurt from having to look up at the screen at such a bad angle lol. Overall, I like IMAX but I think its best to go see their actual films their that they make specially for their screen and not regular movies.
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

I have to change my last list,that list sucks and I wouldnt watch some movies no more.


1.Brat
2.Brat 2
3.Transformers
4.Snatch.
5.Scarface

This list could change after I see Revenge of the Fallen
 

stanzi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

1. Forrest Gump
2. Hot Chick
3. Final Fantasy: Advent Children
4. The Lion King
5. Rugrats in Paris

I've watched these many times, but it doesn't mean they're my favorites (except Forrest Gump. The dude reminds me of my bro.)
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Watched Angels and Demons today (for $5!! XD). It was cool I guess. Never read the book, so I don't know how messed up it was, it was suspenseful enough, although it was quite callable. I didn't have the ending figured out in the beginning, as is often the case, but I did figure it out later in the game and wasn't a bit surprised by it. I dug getting to see all the awesome architecture of Rome that I've spent so much time studying...but then it just made me mad that I can't go see it in person. I'd give it a 3 of 5. Worth a rent, but not worth watching a few times.

Also watched Unbreakable again and was reminded that not ALL M. Knight Shamylan movies suck! That movie is one of the coolest takes on superheroes/villains EVER!! I liked Handcock for it's effort, but Unbreakable just kicks the shit out of it in terms of style and class. And who couldn't just love the hell out of Sammuel Jackson's classic line, "It was because of the kids. They called me Mr. Glass."
 

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
5,080
Reaction score
2,366
Gender
Male
Country
United States
DAMN YOU AND YOUR CHEAP MOVIE PRICES!!! lol. I've never heard of unbreakable so I googled it and found a trailer. From what I saw it looked good, might just have to take your word for it and see it myself =).
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
DAMN YOU AND YOUR CHEAP MOVIE PRICES!!! lol. I've never heard of unbreakable so I googled it and found a trailer. From what I saw it looked good, might just have to take your word for it and see it myself =).
It isn't an "action movie", so if that's what you're looking for you will be disappointed. It's more of a philosophical piece I guess, and the classic Shyamalan "twist" at the end isn't lame like some of his other flicks.
 

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
5,080
Reaction score
2,366
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It isn't an "action movie", so if that's what you're looking for you will be disappointed. It's more of a philosophical piece I guess, and the classic Shyamalan "twist" at the end isn't lame like some of his other flicks.
Well I do like Philosophy, lol. Anything that could get me thinking is something I'd like to see, so I think I'll give it a try.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Gah, the Navy Pier IMAX..... Kusachu, you're making me relive a bad movie experience. :shakefist The last time I tried to see a movie in IMAX there was The Dark Knight, but there was a problem with the projector or something and they canceled the showing after we had already sat in our seats for like 45 minutes waiting. Then, they had only 1 window open at the box office to refund our money. It was ridiculous :notrust

Oh well. On a happy note, Five Buck Club, ftw! :hi5 :woot Seriously, it's the best way to go. Otherwise, regular movie prices are like $10-11 in the city.... yuck.

Going to see UP later this week. :nuts
 

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
5,080
Reaction score
2,366
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hahaha, haven't seen Up yet, you gotta love Pixar, childhood favorite. Toy Story 3 Next June!!!!!
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Let's see, I haven't seen too many movies, but as of late I've seen:

"Wolverine Origins"-I rather enjoyed the film, but was a little disappointed over the not so much used Gambit. I was hoping he would have a bigger part. But overall a good action flick.

"Shane"-An old time western movie (1953, to be exact). If you like westerns like I do (I consider "The Magnificent Seven" to be superior to "The Seven Samurai" if that tells you anything) then this movie is a classic. Cowboys are awesome.

Saw Up in 3D last week. Oh that movie is so sad. :( It's not the end that's sad, it's the beginning, but it's also funny and thoughtful too. Don't see it if you can't handle crying in a theater. All the adults I was there with cried,...the little kids didn't really cry though. I think it might have something to do with the fact that little kids might not understand WHY it's so sad. But yeah, if you can get past that it's such a cute movie. The little fat kid is awesome. And the dogs had me cracking up...:D
I concur w/"UP" being a good film, not with the crying part, though. Unless a lovable pet dies,
see movies such as "Old Yeller" and "Marley and Me."
I never really get affected by "sad" parts in movies.

I could see how it could be sad to people, but I can handle that shit, just don't kill the dog :darn. Aside from that, "UP" is a very enjoyable film. Of course, I've never been disappointed by a pixar film, and this one doesn't ruin the trend. Russel and Dug own :p.

"A squirrel walks up to a tree and says, 'I forgot to store acorns for winter, and now I am dead.' It is funny b/c a squirrel gets dead!" -Dug, the dog.

Speaking of Pixar, am I the only one looking forward to Toy Story 3

Edit: well, gd, Arrogance beat me to the looking forward to Toy Story 3 :darn. Well, glad I'm not the only one.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I just watched The 3 musketeers again since forever. the last time I watched it i was probably still in first grade, i dunno.

I liked the movie then, but now when I watched it again I was like, man, how Disney can you get? hehe. I realized it wasn't as good as I thought it was. Or probably it was just the time differences and everything, but I didn't like the treatment too much.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This might be the best 3 Musketeers rendition I've ever seen:

Only 8 minutes and also by Disney, apparently: "The Three Blind Mouseketeers". I didn't realize it was so old, but I remember watching this when I was like 8.
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Saw The Legend of Chun-Li.Ok the movie was fun to watch,mostly cause of the fighting sequences,the acting could have been better,I especially enjoyed this movie cause of Moon Bloodgood,damn she looks so good.The charachters looked shity,c'mon Bison?Dont get me started on Neal McDonough's russian :/ but the Street Fighter without Ryu and Ken is nothing.And I got realy excited when Gen showed Chun Li that banner which said about the Street Fighter tournament and when Gen mentioned Ryu's name made the moment of the movie :) to bad they aren't gonna make sequel,tho I want a sequel only because I want to see Ryu and Ken.

So 20 century fox ruined Wolverine:Origins and The Legend of Chun-Li,I haven't seen Dragon Ball Evolution yet,but before it even got released we all knew that its gonna be trash :)
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just saw the hangover, it was funny as hell. Bromances are going to replace chick flicks for a while.
Best movie I've seen in quite a while I loved all the characters.

Especially Alan his Wolfpack speech was all sorts of hilarious. I'd advise this movie to anyone who wants a good comedy.
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
City of God = Awesome. Must watch.

The Anchorman = Okay, sorta funny.

Uzumaki = Mmmmm...not even 1/10 as good as the manga. <___<

They are older, I know, but they were new to me!!
 

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
5,080
Reaction score
2,366
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anchorman is awesome. Ron Burgundy is a legend! "NEWS TEAM...ASSEMBLE!!!!!"
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ooh anchorman I haven't seen yet, but those dudes are hilarious; Ben Stiller, The Wlison Bros, Will Ferrell, etc..

Step-Brothers is alright, but has some awesome scenes, City of God is O-some!!!
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
WAAAAAAAMMY!!! :tem
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen :wtf

Megan Fox :wtf
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top