Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
^3 more days until it comes out
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Anchorman is awesome. Ron Burgundy is a legend! "NEWS TEAM...ASSEMBLE!!!!!"
It was cool, but I was expecting it to be better. It was funny, but the way people hyped it made me think I would laugh until I shat myself and I didn't.

Talladega Nights was better IMHO. :yelling "If you're not first you're LAST!!"

And better still was Tropic Thunder. "Now I want you to take a step back... and literally FUCK YOUR OWN FACE!"

:rofl


Ooh anchorman I haven't seen yet, but those dudes are hilarious; Ben Stiller, The Wlison Bros, Will Ferrell, etc..

Step-Brothers is alright, but has some awesome scenes, City of God is O-some!!!
I thought Step Brothers was about an hour too long, but other than it was funny.
 
Last edited:

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
5,080
Reaction score
2,366
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow....you really thought Talladega Nights was better than Anchorman..........I cried because I laughed so hard during it. I like Talladega Nights and Tropic Thunder but I would put Anchorman above those two anytime. The thousands of lines from that movies that made my life. People said lines from Anchorman for over 2 years, I've probably heard one line from Talledega Nights said by someone. The movies aren't really a comparison to each other. Anchorman had such a huge impact on society in comparison to the others.
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Wow....you really thought Talladega Nights was better than Anchorman..........I cried because I laughed so hard during it. I like Talladega Nights and Tropic Thunder but I would put Anchorman above those two anytime. The thousands of lines from that movies that made my life. People said lines from Anchorman for over 2 years, I've probably heard one line from Talledega Nights said by someone. The movies aren't really a comparison to each other. Anchorman had such a huge impact on society in comparison to the others.
Maybe it's because I don't find sexism all that funny? :blink IDK And the only person I ever heard talk about Anchorman was my boyfriend. *shrug* But then he also loves Dumb and Dumber which I hated...a lot. :eyeroll Brick was the one who had me laughing most.

Apples and oranges I guess. :D
 

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
4,777
Reaction score
2,840
Gender
Male
Country
United States
City of God = Awesome. Must watch.

The Anchorman = Okay, sorta funny.

Uzumaki = Mmmmm...not even 1/10 as good as the manga. <___<

They are older, I know, but they were new to me!!
City of God is a incredibly awesome movie!

Everyone should watch it.

The only negative thing that I might be able to come up with is that after seeing it once - it can drag or seem a tad bit long on subsequent viewings..
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
City of God is a incredibly awesome movie!

Everyone should watch it.

The only negative thing that I might be able to come up with is that after seeing it once - it can drag or seem a tad bit long on subsequent viewings..

Yeah I do think that's true. Especially since if one does not speak, what is it, Portuguese? It might be a little...potent and require too much attention for multiple viewings. But for a one time viewing, or for one who digs foreign films it's ultimate. The true to life depictions of raw violence may be a little bit too much for some too, but I'm of the opinion that things like that shouldn't be watered down. If that's what life was really like then there's no reason not to be true to it. I tend to gravitate towards anything having to do with photography too, and I liked how the cinematography was very...erm, photographic. The real interview with the Knockout Ned was super cool as well.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Saw Transformers 2 tonight, and holycrapomfgbbq. Awesome. Not necessarily epic, but aweeeesome~!! Of course, the graphics and explosions were awesome, but some of the stuff I didn't expect xD PLus trailers for Avatar, GI Joe, Harry Potter, and New Moon <333333
 

Do Kesubei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2007
Messages
135
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The trailer for The Last Airbender, directed by M. Night Shyamalan has been released sometime over the past couple of days. This is the live-action version of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Anyone who saw Transformers 2 will have already seen this. There will be trilogy of movies.

The effects look good enough. The casting is questionable, though I'm glad they replaced Jesse McCartney - he was going to play Zuko.
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
The trailer for The Last Airbender, directed by M. Night Shyamalan has been released sometime over the past couple of days. This is the live-action version of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Anyone who saw Transformers 2 will have already seen this. There will be trilogy of movies.

The effects look good enough. The casting is questionable, though I'm glad they replaced Jesse McCartney - he was going to play Zuko.
Yeah, I'm not so thrilled about Zuko...and Zuko is a big part of what I loved about Avatar!! :notrust:(

Aang looks awesome though. I don't really mind his arrow being "light", and the kid seems like he fits the role...so far. I haven't seen much about the rest of the cast yet. I should go look...:nod
 
Last edited:

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
5,080
Reaction score
2,366
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The trailer for The Last Airbender, directed by M. Night Shyamalan has been released sometime over the past couple of days. This is the live-action version of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Anyone who saw Transformers 2 will have already seen this. There will be trilogy of movies.

The effects look good enough. The casting is questionable, though I'm glad they replaced Jesse McCartney - he was going to play Zuko.
I hope this is good. Like I hate when people try and make movies based of manga/anime that just end up failing, ehem *cough Dragonball Evolution*. So far I'm not too sure yet just by looking at the trailer. I need some more time and a more in depth trailer to get a better opinion on it.
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I hope this is good. Like I hate when people try and make movies based of manga/anime that just end up failing, ehem *cough Dragonball Evolution*. So far I'm not too sure yet just by looking at the trailer. I need some more time and a more in depth trailer to get a better opinion on it.

Well, I figure since Avatar is American it wont get the douche treatment like so many anime get. But you never know. Maybe it will...since Shamilayamilamamluhluh is directing. Like, oh crap! Maybe at the end we'll find out he's actually dead! Or maybe it will be the trees! Or maybe it's modern times and not way in the past! Or hell, maybe Aang will turn out to be the villain!!1!eleven!!! :o

:eyeroll
 
  • Like
Reactions: nat

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No, no, no. See, Zuko and Aang are going to be former brothers who committed suicide together in their previous lives.

p.s. WTF is Aasif Mandvi doing in this film?
 
Last edited:

Do Kesubei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2007
Messages
135
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
United States
WTF is Aasif Mandvi doing in this film?

He's a capable actor, not just some Daily Show Correspondent.

Initially, because of the names used in Avatar, I assumed many of the actors would have East Asian ethnicities. Instead, we have whites and South Asians. It'll be an interesting movie. Dev Patel looks to pretty too be Zuko; hopefully the make-up will straighten that out (plus he has a black belt in TKD!?).

I don't think there will be any crazy surprise endings (that you all seem to hate so much) in this one. I just hope Night doesn't stray too far from the original material. At the same time, I don't want him to copy the tv show scene for scene; Night is a creative fellow, so I want to see how he interprets the story.

Zuko and Katara Romance? Possible. A more empathetic Azula? Perhaps. Deeper rifts in the Avatar group? It would be nice.
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
He's a capable actor, not just some Daily Show Correspondent.

Initially, because of the names used in Avatar, I assumed many of the actors would have East Asian ethnicities. Instead, we have whites and South Asians. It'll be an interesting movie. Dev Patel looks to pretty too be Zuko; hopefully the make-up will straighten that out (plus he has a black belt in TKD!?).

I don't think there will be any crazy surprise endings (that you all seem to hate so much) in this one. I just hope Night doesn't stray too far from the original material. At the same time, I don't want him to copy the tv show scene for scene; Night is a creative fellow, so I want to see how he interprets the story.

Zuko and Katara Romance? Possible. A more empathetic Azula? Perhaps. Deeper rifts in the Avatar group? It would be nice.
I don't hate all of his ending, some are really good in fact, but it's the fact that every movie he does has an ending like that and it's totally expected.

He's Mr. Twist.

I actually didn't know before that Unbreakable was his movie, but watching it again I saw his name and was like "OF COURSE!! IT HAD TO BE!!"

I just hope he does a good job with the show I love so much.


No, no, no. See, Zuko and Aang are going to be former brothers who committed suicide together in their previous lives.

p.s. WTF is Aasif Mandvi doing in this film?

Isn't that sort of what happened anyway?? :blink Except they were brother in laws weren't they? The previous Avatar and the Fire Lord? Bah, I can't remember. Now I gotta go watch it again. :D
 
Last edited:

Kravmaga

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
832
Reaction score
356
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't hate all of his ending, some are really good in fact, but it's the fact that every movie he does has an ending like that and it's totally expected.

He's Mr. Twist.

I actually didn't know before that Unbreakable was his movie, but watching it again I saw his name and was like "OF COURSE!! IT HAD TO BE!!"

I just hope he does a good job with the show I love so much.
<hr noshade size="1">

Isn't that sort of what happened anyway?? :blink Except they were brother in laws weren't they? The previous Avatar and the Fire Lord? Bah, I can't remember. Now I gotta go watch it again. :D

I wholeheartedly second that.
Unfortunately, after signs, the village and the happening, I'm utterly distressed at his track record... To quote my cook, "it's like this guy has 3 people inside his head, each shouting different ideas and punching one another, trying to be the loudest".

I'm honestly not as concerned about some aspects of his casting criteria as some are but if I were to compute his ratio of good movies to decent movies to utter shit movies (I call this, the G-D-S score =P), it'd go something like 1-2-4. That's a 57% chance he'll butcher it and only 15% chance he'll do a good job...

Man, I wish some nerd somewhere would have started a collective fund to buy the rights to all the good series and comics so that the next generation of Uwe boll can't destroy them!
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I wholeheartedly second that.
Unfortunately, after signs, the village and the happening, I'm utterly distressed at his track record... To quote my cook, "it's like this guy has 3 people inside his head, each shouting different ideas and punching one another, trying to be the loudest".

I'm honestly not as concerned about some aspects of his casting criteria as some are but if I were to compute his ratio of good movies to decent movies to utter shit movies (I call this, the G-D-S score =P), it'd go something like 1-2-4. That's a 57% chance he'll butcher it and only 15% chance he'll do a good job...

Man, I wish some nerd somewhere would have started a collective fund to buy the rights to all the good series and comics so that the next generation of Uwe boll can't destroy them!
....

Wait, you have a cook?!? Or are you chef and say "my cook" speaking of your underling?

But that's beside the point that the G-D-S score is friggin' brilliant!! :thumbs

It's like...it's like in South Park: Imagination Land where they have Shamilalimya come and try to help them figure out an idea and he can't because he can only think of twists. I have to associate the real life guy with the cartoon interpretation BECAUSE IT'S SO FRIGGIN' TRUE!!! I find it hard to not think the guy is a douche who is going to ruin the whole thing. :(

And now I'm even more scared than I was before. I guess all is not lost though since it's not George Lucas in charge...

OH GOD!! HE'S NOT, IS HE?!? *pant*pant* HE RAPED INDIANA JONES!!! :iik

:eyeroll
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Just came back from Revenge of the Fallen and let me say it was awesome.It was beter then the first part in every way.The special fx were of the charts,it was a total Bayhem and I loved,the explosions made sure I wouldnt hear those damn kids who screamin behind me.Megan Fox looked so sexy in it,but I still liked Isabel Lucas who played Alice,the hot babe who then turned into a robot :) and I bow down to Optimus Prime,the guy is fucking awesome.When everybody appeared it was ok,but when it was time for Optimus,shit it looked sick,the music made it so sweet and I loved where he was fighting Starscream,Megatron and that other decepticon,it was probably the best part of the movie,I loved the way he took all of them,In the first movie it seemed like Megatron was getting the best of Optimus,realy owning him,but in this movie he whooped his ass to the next dimension,check the movie yourselfes its awesome :)
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Transformers was sick. Optimus Prime really kicked some ass. And the Avatar trailer was awesome
 

Do Kesubei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2007
Messages
135
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wholeheartedly second that.
Unfortunately, after signs, the village and the happening, I'm utterly distressed at his track record... To quote my cook, "it's like this guy has 3 people inside his head, each shouting different ideas and punching one another, trying to be the loudest".

I'm honestly not as concerned about some aspects of his casting criteria as some are but if I were to compute his ratio of good movies to decent movies to utter shit movies (I call this, the G-D-S score =P), it'd go something like 1-2-4. That's a 57% chance he'll butcher it and only 15% chance he'll do a good job...

Man, I wish some nerd somewhere would have started a collective fund to buy the rights to all the good series and comics so that the next generation of Uwe boll can't destroy them!


Sheesh, am I the only one who liked The Village? Also, you forgot about Lady In The Water (I didn't see it). Shyamalan is 3 for 7. Unbreakable is one of my favorite movies, by the way.

Shyamalan is in no way near Uwe Boll.


As for Transformers 2... I really need to watch the first movie. It's the only thing preventing me from seeing part 2.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nat

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
5,080
Reaction score
2,366
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sheesh, am I the only one who liked The Village? Also, you forgot about Lady In The Water (I didn't see it). Shyamalan is 3 for 7. Unbreakable is one of my favorite movies, by the way.

Shyamalan is in no way near Uwe Boll.


As for Transformers 2... I really need to watch the first movie. It's the only thing preventing me from seeing part 2.
I loved "The Village" lol. I enjoyed the plot twist a lot. It was very well put together, I saw the trailer and thought horror film, I see the thing and it becomes more of a mystery, loved it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nat
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top