Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tru_TO

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2009
Messages
65
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

i'd really like to see a detective mystery manga, but they got Kockikame already.

I got a question:
Do you think Togashi will finish Hunter X Hunter?
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I'm not sure how you would define "finish". I mean he can always cut it short and call it quits, and that would qualify as "finishing the series" also. Bottom line, it's all in his hands, and there's no telling what he would do.

One thing is for sure, though, that he's extremly unlikely to go back to the weekly serialization days and work full-time.

Hope that answers your question. (though, I'm pretty sure a lot of us has already expressed similar sentiments, given the number of times you've asked us :p)
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

i'd really like to see a detective mystery manga, but they got Kockikame already.
Kochikame is more like gag manga than a detective manga.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Kochikame a detective series...yeah, I can imagine it now: "Ryotsu and the case of the lost PSP"...
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

i'd really like to see a detective mystery manga, but they got Kockikame already.
What is your definition for a mystery manga exactly? I think our definitions differ.

I got a question:
Do you think Togashi will finish Hunter X Hunter?
Honestly? I don't think he ever will. It'll probably go down before its over just like YYH. Togashi is notoriously lazy and will probably just keep releasing chapters every 6 months and that is not enough to finish a series as big as HxH within the next decade or two. Their are way to many sub-plots.

Well I mean unless he decides to wrap it up in an extremely fast amount of time.
 
Last edited:

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Honestly? I don't think he ever will. It'll probably go down before its over just like YYH. Togashi is notoriously lazy and will probably just keep releasing chapters every 6 months and that is not enough to finish a series as big as HxH within the next decade or two. Their are way to many sub-plots.

Well I mean unless he decides to wrap it up in an extremely fast amount of time.
Speaking of which, what's his excuse for this hiatus this time?
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

[Cross];1420185 said:
Speaking of which, what's his excuse for this hiatus this time?
What video games have recently come out in Japan?

Then I can give you the answer.

Seriously though? I don't think he gave a reason.
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

What video games have recently come out in Japan?

Then I can give you the answer.

Seriously though? I don't think he gave a reason.
I have a quick question about Togashi. How the news about Togashi is busy playing game so he stopped writing HunterXHunter actually came from or how does this news actually started?

Also I found a thread about ranking on next issue in 2ch.

CLOwJvIg0 said:
予告順

絵大 あねどきっ/河下水希(新連載)
Ane-DOki/Kawashita Mizuki(New Series)
絵 鰤/わんぴ/なると/べるぜ/バクマン。
Bleach/One Piece/Naruto/Beelzebub/Bakuman

スケット/いぬ/ぬらり
Sket Dance/InumaruDashi/Nurarihyon no Mago
トリコ/めだか/リボン
Toriko/MedakaBox/Reborn
黒子/亀
Kuroko no Basket/KochiKame
赤星/吟玉/サイレン
Akaboshi/Gintama/Psyren
とらぶる/ジャガー
Tolove_ru/Jaguar
I'm not sure this thread is true, but if this ranking is true, Kuroko finally escape from bottom 5, but Akaboshi drop to bottom 5 instead on its first ranking. In addition, Gintama massively drop down first place to bottom 5.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Wow, it's really surprising. Mago and Sket are starting to become more popular, but Psyren is suffering, I hope it can escape from the basement.
 
Last edited:

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I don't get that ranking, why is it laid out like that? and why would Bleach be above OP.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I don't get that ranking, why is it laid out like that? and why would Bleach be above OP.
Actually, Bleach and Beelzebub are getting a colour (on two in a row), so they are unranked.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Can we really get a ranking so soon? If so, why the hell did Gintama take a Bakuman-esque drop from top to bottom. Sorta unbelievable that Akaboshi bombed badly.
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

If it is true, it just prove that Bakuman is the extreme example of yo-yoing. I'm so glad Mago start to rank high again, if it keep like that and rarely drop to the bottom, we don't have to worry about cancellation. With jump pimping beelze like that, we can expect it to have high sales for the first volume.
The only question is, can it sustained it's popularity after the Tohoshinki arc is over?
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

It's too skety, particularly since we just got this week's TOC yesterday. Wait and see...
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Might just have been a prediction posted on 2ch.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Yeah those things tend to be not REALLY accurate, with the grouping.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

If the ranking are false (which I also believe), it actually well made. Compare to other false rankings, which are very easy to distinguish, I almost fell for that this ranking was real.


Also, everyone doesn't believe this ranking may be due to that Gintama collapse to bottom 5. However, I think, during Jiraia arc, ranking was went up and down and up and down. So, I think that readers are either really like Jiraia arc or really hate it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Yeah, especially that they make the ranking (if it is fake) while staying true to the guidelines(To-Love-Ru and Jaguar always bottom). BTW, is the reason that jaguar is unranked because it is selling very highly?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

That ranking is definitely a joke: akaboshi isn't even rated next week. It's medaka that'll be rated. But yeah with hoop men gone it's possible some jojoing series will get faster in the basement than expected
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Erm... it's not the ToC that we know (or care), but the order the series are listed on the "next issue preview page".

And, just so you know, it'll be in the same order on the English WSJ site as well, in the "next issue" section.

The "予告順" already says that it's the "order of preview".
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top