All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Nice to know farfalla... may I ask why a portuguese speaking person uses an italian nick?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Because "chou-chou" was too... common? XD
I like the greek mythology about Eros and Psyche. And Psyche means "butterfly" ("soul", too). I just looked for a word that would mean "Psyche" but few people would know the meaning^^ (except for italians XD but at that time, I only talked to brazilians thru net). Anyway, I'd like the nickname "chou", but thanks to Harry Potter, it just became cliche XD OMG, sry for the long story @.@ and the bad english, I'm a little sleepy^^'
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

so many pics to choose from :S this theme should have had a special condition... instead of doing one sig, do about 2 or 3 :eyeroll
 

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I started the new contest with a new sig :D
I hope you like it!
As usual, it's an ecchi sig ;)
Good luck to all the participants!
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

damn, was gonna use a similar pic :darn... very nice sig sasori. good luck! anyways i just submitted my sig, hope everyone likes it :tem
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

haha sasori, you're really addicted to... who doesn't btw :p and kakashi919: you have chosen for bleach :)

anyway very nice sigs
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

@Andrews :XD I'm sorry. That should have been obvious, but seriously, if you manage to do something spectacular with gods and butterflies, I will be highly impressed. :nod

I'm glad that this theme is so well-received by everyone. :cheerbunny

The currently submitted sigs look lovely. I have come to expect an ecchi signature from you, Sasori; so, I make it a habit of trying to imagine how your signatures will look. Once again, I wasn't able to guess completely correctly. It looks quite nice as usual. :tem

kakashi919, I am glad you chose Bleach. When I was imagining manga that might be good for signatures on this theme, Bleach was one of them that came to mind. I was thinking that a Rukia signature was going to appear from whomever chose Bleach, but I am pleasantly surprised to see Soi Fon. The Muhammad Ali line was an especially nice touch. :hb


Also, I learned something today thanks to you, Farfalla. I didn't know "psyche" also meant butterfly in ancient Greek. I also didn't know the meaning of your user name. Thank you for the education. :whoabunny
 
Last edited:

Andrews

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
76
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Well, the people knows the "São João do Nordeste"?


I'll use images:









 
Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

You're welcome^^
I'd like to also ask you a favor! (to you and to the others, as well XD)
I reeeally need to practice my english >< for future jobs...
And I can understand well, but I'm not good at writing.
When I make a mistake, could you guys correct me?^^
I'd be learning this way^^
 

Andrews

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
76
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Sign subscribed. I try thinking about "god" and "butterflies"... I try "dark butterflies" in conection with the xxxHolic's climate... In the end i make a "Dark", "Devil", "Demonic", "Peaceful" Watanuki. IHIUehaiuheiuae... >.<

*dizzy* @_@
 

Gentatsu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
29
Reaction score
8
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I'm stumped at what to do ~.~ But I'll have a crack at it tomorrow. Found a rather decent render off Planetrenders, just typed in butterfly =P

As for the Bleach one, Soi Fon in facts stings using a butterfly mark and flashes around like a bee(More of a wasp, but that wouldn't fit the opposite-Ali quote, now would it?) So it's quite a nice juxtaposition :)

Ah, also. Could I possibly request that the size limit height be increased as on the submission page, they are stretched which causes loss of quality which could leave a bad impression on people who just glance and view instead of clicking on them to view the image in its proper resolution. Since it's mandatory to put it on Large Thumbnail, it stretches it, my guess is. I also believe that it's quite too small to notice small details which go unnoticed a lot as I post everything I photoshop on various graphic sites, as well the boxing one. And most of the people couldn't make out some of the details which surprised me, but since many of these people couldn't make some of the details out I ruled out the thought of the individual having bad eyesight or w/e. So I would like to promptly request this of you, Mr. Sig-contest-manager, please!
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

@tsukisama, thanks! but the reason i did not use rukia is because i don't really like her character. i thought soi fong was more suiting for this theme with her butterfly mark and all that :D
 

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congratulations Akasunanosasori [nice nick LOL], you're the winner :occa

Thx kakashi919, koenosaki and Tsukisama ;)

@Farfalla, your new sig is so kawaii :wtf
 
Last edited:

Andrews

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
76
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Akasunanosasori, GZ!!!

Damm That Signature of yours are overwhelming! xD

/Akasunanosasori Fan
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

congratz to akasuna!! and goodluck to everyone in the future
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

congratulations to Akasunanosasori :confetti,
it was a close call but a winning is a winning :party

to the others I can only say: try harder next time :) and we appreciate your submissions a lot


Well the new theme is already released. This sig contest is a great enjoyment to us, thanks to you guys and why not celebrating our great artists over here :)

We'll release them faster, that way you can take preparations and do a good brainstorming
 
Last edited:

Gentatsu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
29
Reaction score
8
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I only got one vote ;.; Need more Ippo fans voting! Booo~~~xing~
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

haha, well you might try to find an Ippo sig where his paryting his boxing win :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top