- Joined
- Apr 22, 2009
- Messages
- 28
- Reaction score
- 1
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2
a holiday in japan?
a holiday in japan?
While Jaguar is the last series on the list I'm skeptical that it is an actual TOC. Besides Ko - neta never actually being wrong, seeing Medaka in the top 5 is a major red flag. Until Finestela or Heiji post the TOC I will assume this is just a list of series.Question: Is this just a list of series in the current issue of SJ? http://www.shonenjump.com/e/weeklyshonenjump/next.html
I ask because if you click on past issues like last week's it has the ToC where this list is for this week's issue. And if this is the ToC that means it is very different.
That's what I was thinking as well just the fact that the other issues had the ToCs with them it made me think twice a little bit.While Jaguar is the last series on the list I'm skeptical that it is an actual TOC. Besides Ko - neta never actually being wrong, seeing Medaka in the top 5 is a major red flag. Until Finestela or Heiji post the TOC I will assume this is just a list of series.
Umm, I think you mean Toriyama. And is that really true? I though Toriyama only planned on doing the original Pilaf arc and then end the series, but was then pressured by the editorial staff to continue the series.I'm not sure this is any good information for anyone or not, but actually Dragonball was planned to cancel with two volumes worth chapters. The reason is that Dragonball falled down to bottom 5 when it started to serialized. So, it was planned to cancel after Goku's first adventure arc.
Then, there were two things that actally saved Dragonball from cancelation. First, Jump editors decided to give another chance to Torishima (author of Dragonball) by changing the series adventure to action, which Torishima add tournament arc, to gain popularity.
Second, when Dragonball was began to serialized, Dragonball began to make animation at the same time as it serialized. It is unusual for series to get animation too early. But, the reason is that Toriyama already become successful for Dr.Slump, so the editors thought Toriyama's next series going to be successful. Luckily, the animation was much better than original manga, so Dragonball become famous work. So, actually Dr. Slump saved Dragonball.
You're right, thanks for correcting me. Torishima was editor for Toriyama.Umm, I think you mean Toriyama. And is that really true? I though Toriyama only planned on doing the original Pilaf arc and then end the series, but was then pressured by the editorial staff to continue the series.
Question: Is this just a list of series in the current issue of SJ? http://www.shonenjump.com/e/weeklyshonenjump/next.html
I ask because if you click on past issues like last week's it has the ToC where this list is for this week's issue. And if this is the ToC that means it is very different.
ITS JUST A LIST OF MANGA THAT WILL BE IN THE MAGAZINE THAT WEEK.That's what I was thinking as well just the fact that the other issues had the ToCs with them it made me think twice a little bit.

Are we SERIOUSLY going to have to go through this every week? That is not the TOC. It's just WHAT'S IN the magazine, written in no particular order. It was the same last week, it sticks the color pages first, then other stuff in a random order. (Also note that the color pages are always NOT the first three.)
Well as I said the only reason I was just a little confused is cause last week they posted the ToC for the list of series in the magazine instead of just some random order.ITS JUST A LIST OF MANGA THAT WILL BE IN THE MAGAZINE THAT WEEK.
NOT THE ACTUAL TOC
The bottom 5 for issue 33 are
ToLoveRu
Medaka
Bakuman
Akaboshi
Kuroko
http://community.livejournal.com/weeklyjump/130790.html
So the one @ http://www.shonenjump.com/e/weeklyshonenjump/next.html for issue 33 can't be right.
Only "this week's issue" section has the correct order every week
What kewl0210 says about it...
Only http://www.shonenjump.com/e/weeklyshonenjump/index.html has the correct order every week.Well as I said the only reason I was just a little confused is cause last week they posted the ToC for the list of series in the magazine instead of just some random order.
But last week it was correct...Only http://www.shonenjump.com/e/weeklyshonenjump/index.html has the correct order every week.
Im kinda surprised Kagijin couldn't get a cover for its debut.Im happy that Kagijin is getting serialized. I liked the One shot and the concept of the whole thing. I see it getting more popular than Akaboshi for sure.
Those won't be posted till tomorrow.Does anyone know the volume sell for Beelzebub and Kuroko's second volume?
Actually... you're incorrect. Kagijin will be the lead CP for 2009-33.Im kinda surprised Kagijin couldn't get a cover for its debut.
I think I have messed them up (too many new n one shot series coming up in Jump)Actually... you're incorrect. Kagijin will be the lead CP for 2009-33.
It is Wajima's gag that won't be getting the lead CP, with Toriko getting it instead for 2009-34.
Yep, but from the looks of it (and the fact that it's not getting lead CP), it might be a "half-series" like Inumaru and Jaguar, with 9 pages per week.I think I have messed them up (too many new n one shot series coming up in Jump)
so Wajima Satoshi is a gag story?
