Year Round The Tennis Thread

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Re: The Tennis Thread

All hail king Roger!
 

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
288
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: The Tennis Thread

I don't like Prince... I'm using (and have always used) Head. It's pretty economical too I think, not too expensive in Sweden but on the contrary they are really good, you CAN throw them in the net or on the ground when you get pissed off because someone shot an IMPOSSIBLE slice from the base line... oh nvm... I'm using Head Mg.Carbon 900.... It's a couple of years old, like two or three but I think it's still available out there and for around 85$ I think... I got something like that when I googled the racquet...

It's a pretty long racquet, pretty light too.. It's not as wide as all other racquets but the height is great for smashing and serving... It's also good when you're getting out-played, i.e. x person is pumping against your base-line both left and right and you're running between because it's easier to reach them with that racquet..

What prince racquet did you think of buying?
Sounds like a pretty fine racquet. With the current funding I have I was thinking of buying a "Prince Shark OS MP" (http://www.princetennis.com/tennis/files/product.aspx?cid=256&ProductId=1054). It's under $100 and it's quite a racquet (one of my friends have one). If I manage to get some money I might go for Prince O3 Hybrid Lite OS (http://www.princetennis.com/tennis/files/product.aspx?cid=272&ProductId=1714). It's lightweight but powerful at the same time. I dislike heavy racquets because I find it hard to swing through with them (and also it's more tiring to hold).

All hail king Roger!
Indeed. Roger Federer back in the Number 1 spot according to the world rankings. He is also being hailed as the greatest tennis player ever and I totally agree.
 

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Tennis Thread

GOAT? nah..he can't be the greatest because you can't compare eras?

GOAT in his generation? definitely.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The Tennis Thread

Sounds like a pretty fine racquet. With the current funding I have I was thinking of buying a "Prince Shark OS MP" (http://www.princetennis.com/tennis/files/product.aspx?cid=256&ProductId=1054). It's under $100 and it's quite a racquet (one of my friends have one). If I manage to get some money I might go for Prince O3 Hybrid Lite OS (http://www.princetennis.com/tennis/files/product.aspx?cid=272&ProductId=1714). It's lightweight but powerful at the same time. I dislike heavy racquets because I find it hard to swing through with them (and also it's more tiring to hold).
Looks good! Have you tried your friends racquet or have you only heard about his experiences and thoughts about the racquet?
I don't like too lightweight racquets, they tend to be too easy and if it's a tad bit heavy because when I swing I don't only use my arm and breast-muscles for the force, but I use them for the aiming and I use my whole body and thrusts myself over the ball for max power with the arm first basically, which results in a heavy aggressive play and forces the one I'm playing with to stand far behind their baseline but the biggest weakness is that It can be outplayed by going for a net-ball, alternative backhand crosses when I'm up on net etc... ;/
Tho it really mustn't be a heavy racquet because playing long-games and especially long games on your own serve is really tiring.. Of course it depends on your technique too and if you're spinning serves or going for speed and whatnot... >.>

But both looks like cool racquets but I'd go for the 2nd one, if I got to choose between those two :occa
 

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Tennis Thread

Gasquet has been cleared and can now play again ^_^
 

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
288
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: The Tennis Thread

Looks good! Have you tried your friends racquet or have you only heard about his experiences and thoughts about the racquet?
I don't like too lightweight racquets, they tend to be too easy and if it's a tad bit heavy because when I swing I don't only use my arm and breast-muscles for the force, but I use them for the aiming and I use my whole body and thrusts myself over the ball for max power with the arm first basically, which results in a heavy aggressive play and forces the one I'm playing with to stand far behind their baseline but the biggest weakness is that It can be outplayed by going for a net-ball, alternative backhand crosses when I'm up on net etc... ;/
Tho it really mustn't be a heavy racquet because playing long-games and especially long games on your own serve is really tiring.. Of course it depends on your technique too and if you're spinning serves or going for speed and whatnot... >.>

But both looks like cool racquets but I'd go for the 2nd one, if I got to choose between those two :occa
I've actually experimented with my friend's Prince Shark and I found it to be an excellent racquet. I can see where you're coming from with not liking racquets that are too lightweight. It's true that you can't get as much momentum in your shots with a lightweight racquet, but I find I can swing more freely when I play with one. It's also easier to change grip, slice and apply spin IMO. I like the second racquet too, it's nearly double the price though (looks like I need to save up!) :darn
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The Tennis Thread

I've actually experimented with my friend's Prince Shark and I found it to be an excellent racquet. I can see where you're coming from with not liking racquets that are too lightweight. It's true that you can't get as much momentum in your shots with a lightweight racquet, but I find I can swing more freely when I play with one. It's also easier to change grip, slice and apply spin IMO. I like the second racquet too, it's nearly double the price though (looks like I need to save up!) :darn
Oh, I have never tried a Prince racquet so I can't give you my opinions on them but take the one you're most comfortable with \o/
Uhh.. like p=mv so the higher mass (heavier weight) the more energy you'll get. When you then hit the ball (depending on like impact time) you will get a higher speed on the ball then with a lighter racquet... If you're shooting with the same speed on your racquet as with the heavier one that is.
But yeah, less weight means it's more flexible compared to the heavier one. You might also get more control. It also varies on the muscle-mass of your arm. More muscles means you can use heavier racquets with the same precisivity as someone who's not as strong and using a lighter one.
Personally I like them mid. Not light ones since that makes it hard to control tbh and not heavy ones because the lack of controlling.
It's all a matter of how you want to play the game basically.

Saving money sucks >.>

Hope you get the racquet you like ^_^
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The Tennis Thread

:facepalm
then doping entered the world of tennis as well
I'm just waiting for the first snooker player to be doped..... any day now
 

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Tennis Thread

:facepalm
then doping entered the world of tennis as well
Nah..according to his story he was making out with a girl at a night club and she had cocaine in his system, the ATP bought this because the amount of cocaine in his system was equivalent to a grain of salt.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: The Tennis Thread

Nice thread...I played some tennis back in the good ol' days...competitions and everything...I'm sorry though I'm not really watching, just some of the granf slams...but I saw davidenko woops some ass the other day...nice to have a russian back in business...kafelnikov was the best though
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: The Tennis Thread

Davydenko won the Master Cup, too bad I couldn't see a single match. bad for Nadal, he couldn't pass the round robin stage. No idea what will happen to him in Year 2010.
 

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
288
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: The Tennis Thread

Davydenko won the Master Cup, too bad I couldn't see a single match. bad for Nadal, he couldn't pass the round robin stage. No idea what will happen to him in Year 2010.
Luckily, I was able to watch several of the matches. Notably, Del Potro vs. Federer, two of my favorite players at the moment. I wonder if Davydenko will move up the rankings from this win? As for Nadal, he needs to ensure a victory at the first Grand Slam of 2010 (Australian Open, which he won last year) to maintain his 2nd seed position and to even have a chance of returning to the number one spot. He is a good player and even though people are starting to say he has reached the end of the line, I still hope that he will be able to make a return to winning.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: The Tennis Thread

Agreed, Nadal is not finished yet. Rather I think he has some good tennis left for couple of years. He has shown resiliency, willpower and talent. He plays decent on all surfaces, well he won Grand Slam on Grass, Clay and Hard, so yes he can be a winner on all surfaces. He has some fitness issues problems for almost half of the season. By the way, almost in all previous years he wasn't at his best at the end of season. I think its because his style of play is just too physical. I have played tennis and I can just imagine putting that monstrous spin is amazing and hard on the body.
 

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
4,328
Reaction score
2,281
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: The Tennis Thread

Nadal is far away to be finished
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The Tennis Thread

He just hasn't recovered properly from his injury, when he works out all the kinks to his game, he'll be back making everyone run around the court.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: The Tennis Thread

Totally agreed, his game style is physical. If he is not 100% physically, then his game suffers overall.
 

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
4,328
Reaction score
2,281
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: The Tennis Thread

Today or Yesterday (I forgot :p) he participated in the victory of spain in the Davis Cup
 
Top