Shounen - Ane-Doki by Kawashita Mizuki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Ane-Doki by Kawashita Mizuki

Meromorphe

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela

Ane-Doki by KAWASHITA Mizuki
Use this link to search for raws, translations and Edited Mangas easily!
Series begins in WSJ 2008 #32 (release date 06 July 2009)

About the series:
A mysterious, busty, strong, beautiful, and mature high school girl... What more can a guy ask for? Apparently, Kouta, 13 years old, doesn’t. After giving a high school girl some ice cream, she returns the favor by promising to take care of Kouta while his father has gone on a business trip. However, Kouta dislikes the idea because the girl, Natsuki, treats him like a little child. Despite the one-way tension, Natsuki tells Kouta to become an adult that doesn’t run away from what he wants to do if he wants to become an adult. With her words in mind, Kouta finds the courage to rescue the idol of his school, Kanade, from three punks who try to harass her. Natsuki appears in time to beat up the three punks after a few punches have been thrown at Kouta. Kouta sees that she isn’t a bad person, and decides to accept her into his home. A new release brought to you by the author of Ichigo 100%, Hatsukoi Limited, Lilim Kiss, and Sonezaki Shinju; the funny and slightly ecchi love comedy between a high school girl and a middle school boy!

About the Author:
KAWASHITA Mizuki is a regular of WSJ with the series Ichigo 100% and Hatsukoi Limited that were adapted into anime. She used to write Shoujo with a different pen name.

Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Re: [NEWCOMER] Ane Doki by Kawashita Mizuki

Well just finished the first chapter. As I expected, I wasn't blown away or anything, but it wasn't an awful series.

Kinda weird how things just randomly kept happening so fast....I didn't care much for that, but the characters are likable so this series might stick around for at least a little while.

Rejuvenation

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: [NEWCOMER] Ane Doki by Kawashita Mizuki

I think it had a pretty good start. The set up to have the "older sister" stay fixated in his life was indeed rushed but everything else was done nicely I think.

I'm interested to see how this will develop.

Gomenasai

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: [NEWCOMER] Ane-Doki by Kawashita Mizuki

I'm actually kinda glad he rushed getting the girl to live in with him. I would've hated spending 3 or so chapters on just that... it would've turned into another bleach: 1month, 1/2 a fight, BORING!!

I'll leave other judgement on this series until I see some more, but for now, it's piqued some interest.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Well, I think this kind of manga has been WAAAAYY too overdone.....

shouryuujo

Reaction score
Country
United States

Well, I think this kind of manga has been WAAAAYY too overdone.....
yeah i agree. I think the mangaka should switch from the harem genre to something else. This is probably gonna be an ichigo clone - lots of girls and the main 2 girls. I dont think this will overtake To Love

phae2y

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

the way i see it, the older girl will be like some sort of a big sister/tutor (not a love interest) to the main character. maybe she'll help change him into an adult, and hook him up with the school idol kanade. yea, i've seen this set up before but still excited for the next chapter.

Negative Syndicate

I pretty liked the first chapter, but the second chapter is pretty boring. Does anyone feels same way, or am I only one who is thinking this way?

Wasilis

Reaction score
Country
Greece

Just read the second chapter. It was good, very good! It is a set up for the next chapter. And it raises the tension! It makes you wonder how the girl got the money~! I suppose we have to wait to find out~ ;) However, the girl looks suspicious from the way that the author presented her in this chapter!

HammerU89

Reaction score
Country
United States

Thanks for the quick release....

I agree with muwlove, pretty lackluster chapter compared to the first one. If not for the eye candy it be quite an annoying read. Hopefully it picks up next chapter...

Silverblade

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania

I don't know what people are complaining about - I, at least for now, love Ane-Doki.
The premise is simple and a bit random. Randomness? Yes, please!
Well, what really makes me care for this series is, of course, Natsuki. She is one gorgeous character! You won't find such an easy-going, self-centered and egoistical girl that easily :D She might be a real tease, yet she has a sensitive side to her. And the mysterious line is also started - and a character is comlete, no?
Kouta is a bit flat as a charcter as of now, but as Natsuki said, he is still a kid :D So you shouldn't expect too much from him. Though I could see some nice developments for him later on.
There is a lot of fanservice already - but knowing the mangaka, it's inevitable. But, it's really not the point to concentrate on. Just take a read, laugh and enjiy! Simple as that :amuse

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

I actually kinda liked both chapters 1 and 2 the same.

Chapter 1 set up the story and wasn't too bad. And chapter 2 added a fun plot twist with the money and what not and the nice fan-service moments.

But dang, that kid is stupid to keep declining taking a shower with that girl :D

shadow-skill

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Drmke, I'm with ya! Man am I ever with ya!! Even when I was his age I wouldn't have turned down seeing a girl with a body like that naked, especially when she's the one saying to go ahead and look.

The 2nd chptr was a tad on the boring side, too many pages with not that much happening. All that chptr showed was the blossoming feelings in Kanade, and that Natsuki is loaded. The Kanade bit he can keep going with for a while before he introduces another character of that age, or a +/- difference of 1 year. The money thing... hopefully isn't the over done "I'm a rich girl who's bored with my normal life, and I want to see what a commoner lives like" line.

Anyway, my main interest is to see if I'm wrong, and hopefully I am, and that the author can do something different.

Gomenasai

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

Anyway, my main interest is to see if I'm wrong, and hopefully I am, and that the author can do something different.
Yes I hope you're wrong too. But not because I don't want the story to go down that line, just so I can stick it to you when you are!!

Jokes aside, I also hope shouryuujou is wrong too. I really hope this manga does NOT become and Ichigo part II or something like that. That's the last thing anyone wants to see.

Negative Syndicate

I noticed that chapter 3 is shorter than usual. Usually new series still get more than 20 pages until 3rd chapter. Does anyone know the reason for this, or doesn't really matter?

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

I noticed that chapter 3 is shorter than usual. Usually new series still get more than 20 pages until 3rd chapter. Does anyone know the reason for this, or doesn't really matter?
It doesn't really matter I don't think. The mangaka probably just didn't need that many pages for the chapter is all.

shadow-skill

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Nothing really chagned in this chptr. Natuski is still a mystery, Kou is still a naive kid who has no idea where his freeloader came from. And for now, it doesn't look like the author has any intention of at least hinting towards her background.

Still need to wait and see. Thankfully, there wasn't too much fanservice in this chptr, and there some semblance of a story. I wonder how he'll develop it?

Silverblade

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania

The third one was too obvious for my taste. Yet, strangely entertaining. What?

And $6000 for a school trip? Goddamn japanese education system.

-Ren Boy-

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Wow, I actually like the manga. It makes me want a girl share a bed with me each night :XD

MORE TRANSLATIONS!!!

Darek Khort

Reaction score
Country
Australia

The third one was too obvious for my taste. Yet, strangely entertaining. What?

And $6000 for a school trip? Goddamn japanese education system.
Indeed, it should cost more if it is a good trip/camp/etc.

Read till Chapter 3 (latest). It is okay. Good for some extremely light reading when the mood suits but it isn't anything special.