Shounen Air Gear by Oh! Great

psycheamore

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
94
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Bangladesh
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Thanks a bunch Pirulitokun!

A short wrap up arc would be disappointing coz, like makosan said, there's still a lot more to be explained. At least I think a lot more can be explained. And what's the problem with extending Air Gear a lil bit, right :D

Question: who's that silly boy with the blond hair that sticks up? I know he's someone new in Kogarasumaru, but what is he called?
 
Last edited:

eyesotope

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
691
Reaction score
65
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Question: who's that silly boy with the blond hair that sticks up? I know he's sorta new, but what is he called? Thanks :)
I think you're talking about Nobunaga.. the guy was introduced back in ch82 http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/82/02/

It's a road that fits a villain if you ask me.
or a revolutionary ;)

besides, there are flame roads and blood roads and...and...
storm road sounds mundanely non-threatening compared to some other roads.. unless you're in the middle of the sea :D
 
Last edited:

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

That was who I was gonna say too.
 

psycheamore

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
94
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Bangladesh
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Nobunaga, ah. They recruited him or something? I started reading after thee devil's 33 arc so I guess I didn't see him... I just realized that there's a lot of difference between the manga and the anime, eh??

250 raw's out! I'm gonna go through it even if I don't understand :P
 

CannedJam

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
241
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Thanks a bunch Pirulitokun!

A short wrap up arc would be disappointing coz, like makosan said, there's still a lot more to be explained. At least I think a lot more can be explained. And what's the problem with extending Air Gear a lil bit, right :D

Question: who's that silly boy with the blond hair that sticks up? I know he's someone new in Kogarasumaru, but what is he called?

Well when I say short I don't mean really short, just not as long as a regular arc. Maybe 15-30 chapters. I think AG should end around 350-360.

Oh and I was kinda sad when I stopped seeing Nobunaga in the manga. I know he's still around, but he gets no panel time.
 

Kimei

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
42
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

250 raw's out! I'm gonna go through it even if I don't understand :P
Heh, Me too. I don't understand what going on the firsts page's but it's awesome! 8D

CannedJam said:
Well when I say short I don't mean really short, just not as long as a regular arc. Maybe 15-30 chapters.
Yes, I think that too.

CannedJam said:
I think AG should end around 350-360.
It should have so much chapters as Hajime no Ippo has. ^^
 
Last edited:

suarhnir

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
736
Reaction score
448
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

oyos

yay!! ag has its own real section on mangahelpers! guess i'll be posting more on here now
 

mr.danly

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2007
Messages
738
Reaction score
338
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/230/20/

I was rereading Air Gear the other day and I stumbled upon this page... has it been revealed what Agito was talking about when he spoke of "reinforcements"?
 

suarhnir

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
736
Reaction score
448
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

oyos

basically the 'reinforcements' were the general populace. apparently the gst has never been publicly broadcasted, so no one really knew much about was really going on in the a-t world. the advantage of broadcasting the tournament is to have the people know and acknowledge a certain winner who would then be the only one to have the right to claim the sky regalia. in other words, sora would be hard pressed to just steal the the sky regalia if his team, genesis, end up losing in the gst.
 

psycheamore

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
94
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Bangladesh
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

350-360?? That's not much at all! It should continue forever lol...

Anyways, I just read 250 online. It's decently interesting... Thanks Rena-chan! And everyone should try to help her out :) Can't wait for the english version :)
 
Last edited:

eyesotope

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
691
Reaction score
65
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Oh and I was kinda sad when I stopped seeing Nobunaga in the manga. I know he's still around, but he gets no panel time.
there's a number of such under-utilized characters in Air Gear (hell, I consider Kururu to be one those), hopefully we'll see them get to do something at some point, it's never too late..

oyos

yay!! ag has its own real section on mangahelpers! guess i'll be posting more on here now
that's good to hear, as you can see despite the Air Gear section being brand new, it's already quite lively and full of activity :)..
 

psycheamore

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
94
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Bangladesh
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

there's a number of such under-utilized characters in Air Gear (hell, I consider Kururu to be one those), hopefully we'll see them get to do something at some point, it's never too late..
The characters who were introduced a bit later on in the manga are kinda under-emphasized. But sometimes they get a few chapters centred on themselves. They just don't play such an important part I guess... cameos lol :D But Kururu should be a main character, right?
 

miyavisoap

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

oh sweeeeet<3 now theres a separate section for air gear! i mean, we really did need one since it was so crowded to be just a thread :amuse.

@psycheamore
yesh! kururu should be the main chara!!!!!!!!
 

psycheamore

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
94
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Bangladesh
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

She really should be a main character... but I don't like her too much so not wishing much for it :p


What chances are there that Kilik has brain tumor? Was something like this mentioned before? It was on the chapter 250/251 discussion board...
 
Last edited:

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

I think the chances are decent. we've seen what he's done to his body, it'd make sense that his brain took damage.


eni (hoping you read everything), do you reckon you could get the forum description fixed please? Ikki's team is Kogarasumaru not Sleeping Forest.
[eni]Done~ [/eni]


Thanks eni, you're a star!
 
Last edited:

makosan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

I think the chances are decent. we've seen what he's done to his body, it'd make sense that his brain took damage.
<hr noshade size="1">
eni (hoping you read everything), do you reckon you could get the forum description fixed please? Ikki's team is Kogarasumaru not Sleeping Forest.
[eni]Done~ [/eni]
<hr noshade size="1">
Thanks eni, you're a star!
I was wondering about that lol. Many thanks Eni

If he has (hopefully not) brain tumor, my guess is that his battle with Sora will be the last.
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

I think that Kiric dying due to illness rather than AT battle could be good. I mean we pretty much know that SF will lose the coming battle, so having Kiric immortalised before hand and having Sora pissed that he won't get to fight him could work.
 

psycheamore

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
94
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Bangladesh
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Well it's obvious that the final won't be between SF and Kogarasumaru mainly for 2 reasons:
1) They're pretty much allies and don't really wanna hurt each other.
2) It'd be silly coz the enemy is Sora/Genesis.

Kilik shouldn't die coz I really don't think he's sick. Of course he does look sick and so does Agito and I think Agito was dying(it was mentioned in the Orca-arc probably)... Oh well, he doesn't have much of a use...

Question: how did Agito's fangs exactly help his teammates leave their planes??

And I think Ikki and Buccha paired up to fight Loki either coz Ikki needs the latter's help or coz otherwise one of them would be without a plane to ride on...
 
Last edited:

suarhnir

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
736
Reaction score
448
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Question: how did Agito's fangs exactly help his teammates leave their planes??

And I think Ikki and Buccha paired up to fight Loki either coz Ikki needs the latter's help or coz otherwise one of them would be without a plane to ride on...
oyos

agito's fangs are thicker than the air which is enough for the rest of koga, who are not wing road riders, to ride on. while it initially looked like he was attacking freyja, it was actually to create paths between the planes. riding on fang was first demonstrated in the behemoth match by ikki and agito, which was before sora taught ikki how to grasp the wind.

as for the buccha and ikki pairing up, its because that's what kiric instructed them to do. we were never shown kiric giving the play by play directions but everything leading up to sf losing connection was under kiric's orders.

though i think everyone, including kiric, have forgotten about jiggy.
 
Last edited:

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

And I think Ikki and Buccha paired up to fight Loki either coz Ikki needs the latter's help or coz otherwise one of them would be without a plane to ride on...
Just FYI, there are around two/three free planes right now
 
Top