All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
3,762
Reaction score
1,029
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

The cake thief by Farfalla from the Week #57-58 contest really impressed me a lot.



I love how the colors blend together, and the text font, the layout.. the whole sig looks effin madd! I would have voted for this piece if I saw the topic in time. ;_;
Good job to everyone else on their pieces as well. I might join in on a sig contest one of these weeks if I have time.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

The next submission thread has been created and will automatically open at 11pm GMT on July 31st. As you can see when you visit the thread, the theme for it is 'dreams.' I hope that you enjoy it. :hbunny

I also look forward to seeing who wins this latest beach theme. From the quality of the works and the admiration of the submissions expressed in this thread, it should likely be a close competition. :tem
 

D. Hawk

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
380
Reaction score
50
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

dreams ... I will participate again! Nice theme.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

*sigh* even though i did find a lot of pics for the beach theme, i still did not find the one i really wanted. so i did not enter :darn but i will enter the dreams theme
 

Gentatsu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
29
Reaction score
8
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I made one for the Beach theme~ Buuuuuut~ It sucked, so I didn't enter it ;/
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

*sigh* even though i did find a lot of pics for the beach theme, i still did not find the one i really wanted. so i did not enter :darn but i will enter the dreams theme
I made one for the Beach theme~ Buuuuuut~ It sucked, so I didn't enter it ;/
I am sorry that you didn't participate in the last contest. It is all about self-expression really. So, anything as long as it was somehow related to the beach would have been allowed, but I admire that you both have such high standards for your art and take these contest so seriously. :hbunny

dreams ... I will participate again! Nice theme.
Thank you. I'm glad you like theme, and I hope you continue to participate. ;)

Hard theme T.T I'm having a hard time here XD
I'm sorry. I thought this would be a rather easy theme for people. :worrybunny
Like I said in my opening remarks in the contest thread, it is a rather open-ended theme, allowing for a wide range of things. You could do something with characters sleeping and dreaming of something in that sense; you could do something where a character is pursuing his or her dreams (as in aspirations); etc. You could even make the character representative of yourself and explore one of your dreams through your signature.

I hope this gives you some inspiration. :)
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

No, Tsukisama >< Don't say "sorry"! I'll have days to try to do something^^ All themes might seem hard to someone... as well as might seem easy... (this bunny emote moved me XD cute!) Don't worry, I wasn't complaining to you^^"
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

No, Tsukisama >< Don't say "sorry"! I'll have days to try to do something^^ All themes might seem hard to someone... as well as might seem easy... (this bunny emote moved me XD cute!) Don't worry, I wasn't complaining to you^^"
Oh, good then! I'm glad that you aren't discouraged then. Good luck to you! :lovebunny
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I've received some bad news, so I've decided to add a little thing in something I've been doing for this theme, and finally finish it...
The Impossible Dream
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

:wtf​

That is SO pretty and beautiful, and here I thought you were having some trouble coming up with something. :amuse You look like you have things well in order if this is what you plan to submit, then you will definitely be in good shape. By the way, is that Link from the Legend of Zelda series? :?bunny

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your sour news. I hope everything will turn out okay for you. :comfort
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I've received some bad news, so I've decided to add a little thing in something I've been doing for this theme, and finally finish it...
The Impossible Dream
wow :o i really like that sig! looks really cool and the colors are really good. good job again farfalla. ^_^

i also did a sig... but i'm not sure if it really relates to the theme. tell me what you guys think

 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

i also did a sig... but i'm not sure if it really relates to the theme. tell me what you guys think

Well, technically it does relate to dreams, as the dreams of those characters have come to an end. The way you have done the signature (making it about how death ends one's dreams) makes it fit within the bounds of the theme. It is a very profound signature and concept, and the more I look at it, the more moved I become. I like it a lot.

Is that the final version, or do you plan on adding more to it?
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

well i wanted to add more to it... but when i did add more to it the quality of the pics were too low to see properly. however if i find something better to add i will modify it
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

well i wanted to add more to it... but when i did add more to it the quality of the pics were too low to see properly. however if i find something better to add i will modify it
I see. Well, it looks nice as it is, but you certainly have time to perfect it if it is not your current vision of what it ought to be. I'll wait with some anticipation thanks to your preview. ;)

Thx, guys, for the words^^
Yes, it is Link^^
I thought so. Good choice on a character.
 

D. Hawk

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
380
Reaction score
50
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

How you guys make a signature in so short time? My sig. take hours, or days.

@ Far
Nice sig. Far, I like the concept you used, and the ilumination work (but that "in memorian", in the first moment I think that is the signature credit... hehehehe!:facepalm).

@kakashi919
It's a good sign. Pain colors are good (if you find one Jiraia color picture is gonna be great:thumbs).
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

How you guys make a signature in so short time? My sig. take hours, or days.

@ Far
Nice sig. Far, I like the concept you used, and the ilumination work (but that "in memorian", in the first moment I think that is the signature credit... hehehehe!:facepalm).

@kakashi919
It's a good sign. Pain colors are good (if you find one Jiraia color picture is gonna be great:thumbs).
i was looking for a color page like that for jiraiya, but i did not find any...yet.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Vote for the beach sig contest and make a submission in the great dream contest. We definitely look forward to sig your dream ^^
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top