All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrews

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
76
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Sasori... Ecchi as always.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Both are very nice submissions on their own. I like the order of submissions. Andrews picks a surfing guy and sasori picks the girl who is liking that surfing guy so much.He's her perfect day. :p

anyway very nice and I do look forward to the others
 

Gentatsu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
29
Reaction score
8
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Sorry I couldn't participate in the last round. My Grandma was in the hospital and I wasn't really free and I didn't have the mentality to concentrate on a sig. I should be ok for this one though. Unfortunately I live in the worst place for beaches. But I'll try my best, although I'm very paranoid of being killed by even seaweed ._.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Ah well, Gentatsu, you don't have to apologise for things that are far more important than the sig contest. I think everyone will agree with that and I hope everything is fine with your Grandma and you. Anyway, take your time and participate when your head is clear to participate ;)
 

Gentatsu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
29
Reaction score
8
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Thanks :) I went to see her again today. She's looking much better. I reckon I can pull up something for this. Got a vivid image of what I want in my head. I'll try doing something tonight, been itching to play with Photoshop for a while now, too.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I am sorry to hear about your grandmother, Gentatsu. It is good though that she is making a recovery. Hopefully, she will be back to 100% very soon. :hug

The current entries in this week's contest look really nice. Sasori's is as ecchi as ever. :amuse Andrews, yours really gives off the sense of the surf. The colors and design remind me of a surf shack. Would you by chance be a surfer in real life? :hbunny

Farfalla, your signature is particularly beautiful this week. The castle in background is a great piece of artwork. I was wondering if you knew what the text in the foreground states, i.e., is it from an actual piece of literature? :?bunny

Oh, and for once in a long time, I am finally present to vote in the contest. :wtf Good luck to everyone who participated in last week's contest. :cheerbunny
 

Andrews

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
76
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Gentatsu, i hope she recover all health. :D

Koen, iehaiuhieaue.

Tsukisama, I tried bodyboard sometimes. I never had a chance with longboard or shortboard... Someday maybe. :D
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Thank you for the compliment, Tsukisama^^ but I don't have a clue about what this text mean.
It's a brush I got from www.celestial-star.net
I saw dates in it, (july, 1754; and 1755) but I couldn't understand what was written. I doubt it's English. I also saw some names like Sophia and Martin, but I coudn't understand the last names. Hm, the ship reminded me a caravel (is that the word?) and so I decided to use a brush with a text that looks old.
I've separated that brush for you^^
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Thank you for the compliment, Tsukisama^^ but I don't have a clue about what this text mean.
It's a brush I got from www.celestial-star.net
I saw dates in it, (july, 1754; and 1755) but I couldn't understand what was written. I doubt it's English. I also saw some names like Sophia and Martin, but I coudn't understand the last names. Hm, the ship reminded me a caravel (is that the word?) and so I decided to use a brush with a text that looks old.
I've separated that brush for you^^
'Caravel' is the correct word, and thank you for separating the text. The text definitely gives it that Old World flavor. I think the text is in some Germanic langauge, as I can clearly see umlaut.

@Andrews Good luck with the shortboard and longboard. I've also only tried bodyboarding before with moderate success, but I don't live near a beach and thus rarely have the opportunity to try. Surfing has always seemed really cool though (and dangerous :sweatdrop).
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Very nice entry farfalla. The sand castle with the text, quite creative if you ask me. I can read Sophia (quite a few times) in that old text :), but yeah it seems like a Germanic text. Kinda curious when you see those things.

Anyway nice entry and look forward to more
 

Doragon

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
282
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Thank you for the compliment, Tsukisama^^ but I don't have a clue about what this text mean.
It's a brush I got from www.celestial-star.net
I saw dates in it, (july, 1754; and 1755) but I couldn't understand what was written. I doubt it's English. I also saw some names like Sophia and Martin, but I coudn't understand the last names. Hm, the ship reminded me a caravel (is that the word?) and so I decided to use a brush with a text that looks old.
I've separated that brush for you^^
I see the name 'Sophia Loifa' there or something and a bunch of dates; feb 1755, July 1754, and another 1755.

Looks mysterious. Is this some kind of poem or letter?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Thx, Koenosaki^^
I could try to ask Melfina, Doragon, the girl who did the brush, but she seems rly busy oo I don't know if I can get an answer ._.
I don't know if it's "Loifa", 'cause the "a" in the last time the person wrote her last name looks like a "d".
 

Doragon

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
282
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Isn't it just a 'g' from the word above it? The other ones are 'a' so maybe it's just that.
 

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

@Gentatsu, I hope your grandma will be better soon !
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

That's true, Doragon, now I see! You're right^^


Sry if I make a double post! *counting on the auto merge since I can't edit XD*
Will you gays participate on this one?^^ http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51145 It would be fun.


Oh, I've just saw that the winners will participate automaticaly^^ Sry.
 
Last edited:

Gentatsu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
29
Reaction score
8
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I think Sasori's is really nice~ Especially the font ~ The other's have too much going on, imo. I prefer them clean and simple. Or atleast I think I do :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top