Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

So the rumor goes. Not sure if it's true or not. I read the last chapter and it seemed like a last chapter so I'm not sure. From what I've pieced together the writer (can't remember his name, don't care) took a job elsewhere before the ending was official.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Right, just under the assumption that it is true, it was the ending. But if the writer has gone, I'm not crying, Yabuki is still here afterall.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Yabuki will always be with Shueisha. He goes way back, a former Obata assistant I believe. From what I heard he won't be doing a weekly again; he got full custody of his three year old daughter and doesn't have the time to raise her and draw manga full time. Maybe he'll be back in SQ or Ultra Jump someday.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Somehow I think it's time for Yabuki to graduate to the big boys of seinen at this point and time. Sure he probably has other ideas for shonen and such but unless he can do it in JumpSQ...and considering his girls...I think it may be time for him to be the next to take the leap. I know there are some authors and such who never leave shonen, but considering how much more freedom in storytelling seinen has, I can see Yabuki easily fitting into Young/Super/Ultra Jump now. (heck, even Weekly Playboy works considering that Yude, Tsunomaru and once even Miyashita did some stuff in there)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I don't think he should return to shonen either. I could see him working in either Young or Ultra Jump. Ultra might give him more time with his girl, Young would give him a bigger audience if he were to go back to weekly manga when she starts primary school. I can't really imagine him in Super or Business Jump. The salary man audience doesn't seem like it would suit him ;)

While we're on the subject: let's all hope Matsuei never sets foot in Weekly Jump again. Young Jump needs him.
 
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Yabuki could go Seinin with Back Cat part 2 lol That would be a total win in my book :p
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Would Black Cat 2 be like Fist of the Blue Sky and Lost Canvas?
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Would Black Cat 2 be like Fist of the Blue Sky and Lost Canvas?
I'm getting a high just thinking about it :XD

But seriously, if it is Fist of the Blue Sky style, I would die laughing but would love it lol
 
Last edited:

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I'm getting a high just thinking about it :XD

But seriously, if it is Fist of the Blue Sky style, I would die laughing but would love it lol
That would be awesome
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

If there is a just and merciful god there will never be a Black Cat 2.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

If there is a just and merciful god there will never be a Black Cat 2.
I'm not too keen on sequels and part 2s.

Well, Dragonball's "Part 2" didn't agitate me. But Naruto and Prince of Tennis are recent examples of sequels and 2nd parts that have pissed me off.

I'd say straight progression without having to cut everything in half or disrupt the series' flow is far better.
 

M-Hario

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
112
Reaction score
615
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

#40 cover HQ scanned by [Ju-Ni]Vicissitude:



Moderator Notice:
Added. Thanks!~~~ Kaiten.Sama
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

No way Black cat 2 would be as bad as Dragonball GT. But then again, that wasn't by toriyama.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Noodles, if you love gag manga so much, why don't you scanlate Inumaru Dashi...

Also gag manga often gets a bad rap because usually the drawing skill isn't good. If it's descent like stuff in Bobobo and Inumaru I don't mind. Even Jaguar.

Wajimania, not so much.
I'll be returning to Edited Manga and particularly Inudash soon as. As much of a copout as it is in the modern day I've been so preoccupied between real life and my site that Edited Manga's been a distant thought. However with things looking up at the moment I'll be back on it all within the next 2-3 weeks.


Now to swerve myself on topic WSJ has Inumaru Dash, Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar and Wajimania as its current gag manga. the first two are worth a look, but if you want something that actively has content (read as: has more than 1 Edited Manga, which is entirely my fault with the series that does in fact only have 1 Edited Manga) then jump at Jaguar it's good stuff.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

The discussion about the difference between gag and comedy manga has been split. It continues here.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I found Ko-neta info from 2ch, and it is uploaded by a reliable person, so I'll upload it.

今週も纏まらなかったので小ネタの小出しW
・赤星ドベout確定
・姉実質ドベ4cらしい
・42巻頭葦原c藍本 かもよ!?

詳細は火曜深夜に
・Akaboshi is out of bottom 5
・Ane Dokii got colour, but placed on bottom5
・I'm not sure about last one

And more information going to be release on Tuesday.
 

Cassius

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
150
Reaction score
363
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

It's Fake

107 :♦EizHb38XPU:2009/08/30(日) 23:53:25 ID:1/h8pLNAO
今週も纏まらなかったので小ネタの小出しW
・赤星ドベout確定
・姉実質ドベ4cらしい
・42巻頭葦原c藍本 かもよ!?
This user isn't Ko-Neta

Koneta is this: ◆EizHb38XPU

This ♦ & this ◆ are different
 
Last edited:

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Sometime ago someone was posting Pics from jump's mangakas and there wasn't one from sorachi. BUT I found one at a gintama comunity at livejournal here it is:


I think he does look a bit like a monkey XD
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

808 : ◆EizHb38XPU :2009/08/31(月) 06:34:03 ID:5JclflzX0
スマン、寝落ちした

小ネタ
・41ドベ5 鍵、めだか、スケ、べるぜ、わじま
・42C増P 死神、スケ<ノベライズ告知
Bottom 5:

Wajima
Beelzebub
Sket Dance
Medaka
Kagijin

Issue 42: Colour=Hoken-shitsu no Shinigami,Sket Dance (novelize)

Akaboshi finally escapes from bottom 5.:) But Medaka is in trouble now.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top