All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeAm#7FoReVer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
327
Reaction score
336
Age
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congratulations dHEKU for winning this contest!

But I am little too sad for the little participation, I hope in the next one we get more. I was wonder if I (and the other contestants too) could wrote in the signature Vote for my signature or something like in order to get attention from another users.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

But I am little too sad for the little participation, I hope in the next one we get more. I was wonder if I (and the other contestants too) could wrote in the signature Vote for my signature or something like in order to get attention from another users.
Would you mind explaining this a bit more, as I don't exactly follow what you mean? :?bunny
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

i think what he is saying is he wants to 'advertise' using the sigs? that's what i get from it atleast :S
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

i think what he is saying is he wants to 'advertise' using the sigs? that's what i get from it atleast :S
As in, using your signatures as the signatures that appear with each of your posts? If that is the case, then you can already do that. Any signature submission you make is also available to you as your own personal signature. (If you want to use a signature created by someone else, you should contact the maker for permission.)
 

Gentatsu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
29
Reaction score
8
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I think he means he wants to put "Vote for my signature in the Bi-weekly signature competition" in his signature, so he can advertise it more when he posts in other topics and such.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I think he means he wants to put "Vote for my signature in the Bi-weekly signature competition" in his signature, so he can advertise it more when he posts in other topics and such.
Okay. There really is nothing against that. Advertise all you want. (It would be nice if you advertised the contest in general, but if you want to focus on your own works, I guess that's fine too. It still advertises for the contest and the works of everyone anyway.)
 

heavens_dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
586
Reaction score
87
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Yay! Congratulations for winning last week's contest, dHEkU!!
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Just a little bit more bookkeeping stuff (I hate having to make so many rule-relating announcements in this rather carefree thread):

I have noticed that some signature submissions have not been uploaded into MangaHelpers photoplog. That is also a rule clearly listed in the rules. The submission format specifically is the following:

Code:
"[insert theme]" - "[insert title]" by [insert username]

[noparse][url="[insert url of your submission in the MH photoplog]"][img][insert url of your submission in the MH photoplog][/img][/url][/noparse]

[insert credits & any other comments you feel are necessary]
Most people are following this format, but I just wanted to remind those who are not. We ask that submissions are placed in the MH photoplog to ensure the images remain visible. If they are on an external server, then the links may eventually go dead, which would be unfortunate.

Thank you very much for compliance. :hbunny


Announcement!!!

The Summer Signature Contest is now open for voting. You can vote in this thread. Also, we decided to add Shin Akuma's winning butterfly entry into the entries. Please go vote!
 
Last edited:

rukori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
451
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

congratz for winning dHEKU!
Where is the basic pic for your sig from?
 

rukori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
451
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

So you fon't know what anime/manga/etc. it's from?
 

WhatWhatinthebutt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congratulation dHEKU (although I'm pretty late, sawwe)
 

dHEKU

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
66
Reaction score
18
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

So you fon't know what anime/manga/etc. it's from?
No. There are many good artists in the underground. I love the danbooru because you can find a lot of art these artists.
take a look, you will be impressed with the quality of images.

ps: care, contains ******.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Oh, I just realized something while making the voting thread for the superhero sig contest. Sasori, you didn't make a sig that had some sort of ecchi/romantic component to it. :o Is this the first time that this has happened, and what caused the change?

Also, the new sig contest is now up and ready. Its theme is all about babies. I thought it would be nice and something different. I hope everyone finds it enjoyable. :hbunny
 

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Oh, I just realized something while making the voting thread for the superhero sig contest. Sasori, you didn't make a sig that had some sort of ecchi/romantic component to it. :o Is this the first time that this has happened, and what caused the change?

Also, the new sig contest is now up and ready. Its theme is all about babies. I thought it would be nice and something different. I hope everyone finds it enjoyable. :hbunny
Babies T.T


And why my sig looks small on the voting thread ?
plz use the external link...
 
Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

You might have used the link Manga Helpers gallery provides, and it's for a medium signature. You have to replace the "medium" for "large" in the link so the sig would appear in its original size (at least, that's what I do).
 

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

You might have used the link Manga Helpers gallery provides, and it's for a medium signature. You have to replace the "medium" for "large" in the link so the sig would appear in its original size (at least, that's what I do).
thx but only a mod can change the entries.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

No problem^^

Koen or Tsuki, can I ask if I can use a sig for this them thru PM?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top