All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

U say this cause you're aquarius, Koen xP (kidding)
Congratz, Sasori^^
I still don't know how to vote in the Summer Contest T.T
No I really don't :( It's because WE BELIEVE IN YOU (that's not aquariusish ;) or is it? :p)

anyway, good luck on finding the way to your vote in the Summer Contest
 

heavens_dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
586
Reaction score
87
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Yay! Congratulation on winning SOTW #65-66, Sasori!

I also think that this week's theme is hard >.<
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I think some people are always giving the restrictions to themself

as said: Requirement: Signature must contain something related to babies or infancy.

It has to be related to babies or infancy. It doesn't say it has to be a baby

Lemme give some brainstorming examples:
- ever thought about a baby's toy or other attributes
- ever thought about something abstract, a baby's first word or step (text can help here)
- ever thought about a stork, the animal related to babies
etc etc

Well, I hope this gives you an idea and thus helps you out
 
Last edited:

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

wasn't it 5 -5 ?
i mean a tie
 

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Thank you guys (and girls ^^) !!
I just posted my new submission, it's a very hard theme XD

@Akasunanosasori, if I correctly remember, in case of tie, the mods vote to choose only one winner.
 

WhatWhatinthebutt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congrats Sasori (I voted for yours!!!!)
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Actually, I'm taking too much time 'cause I'm without Photoshop again >.> I miss my computer ;.; Guess I'll have to do on GIMP again, just to say I've participated on this contest ._.

I've voted for Gentatsu^^ I think the sig he made is amazing! I also loved heavens_dragon's sig^^ The image you used is from Ultimo?
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

congrats to sasori ^_^

i have the images i want to use but i just cant get them to work good together >_<
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Hm... Before, when two people won the contest, both placed 1º. Those two sigs went to the Hall of Fame at that week. In week 13-14, I placed 1º along with Fallen, and we both won (in Female theme). That happened a second and a third time in week 23-24 & 25-26. I mean, I know both Sasori and Akasunanosasori appear as winners in the Hall of Fame, but before, both names appeared on this big both in the Head of tMH too ^^
Ah! You guys forgot to put a [/b] beside "Week #63-64" in the Hall of Fame ^^
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Leen organised it totally different, it seems... As I was given suddenly the job to organise things. I am pretty sure a tie occured to me too. The lack of information of how the winner should be decided, gave me a reason to change the thing.

First of all, congratulations to hound for the winning sig. As the winner, you should certainly participate in the next contest, let it be only for the revenge of others :p
Second, voting wise you both were winners but as we know, there should be only one winner and that winner takes it all.
As you can see, this was another tie and thus staff decision case we had in the music theme contest.

Sasori, I thought we were both winners because of the equal results, but in the end, the staff decides those things (btw, thanks, staff guys :amuse). Anyways, good luck on the current contest. :thumbs
Sasori was the victim back then.

One difference: we edited the vote in favor of hound but eventually the winner was decided

wasn't it 5 -5 ?
i mean a tie
Thank you guys (and girls ^^) !!
I just posted my new submission, it's a very hard theme XD

@Akasunanosasori, if I correctly remember, in case of tie, the mods vote to choose only one winner.
I do think most people don't like it. Nobody wants to lose that way but in a contest there can be only one winner. That's how it works in every sports nowadays: the winner takes it all, the loser standing small (eg judo, boxing -> sports where referee's decision determine a winner in case of a tie)...

Then again, I am open for suggestions of contestants since they are part of this game. So any ideas or suggestions for a new tie in the near future
 
Last edited:

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

i see...anyway congratz sasori :D
It was a final between scorpions XD
 

TeAm#7FoReVer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
327
Reaction score
336
Age
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congratulations Sasori!

I don't know why do people think this theme is so difficult? I think is easy, for me the superhero theme was a little difficult. Anyway, I hope more users participate in this contest.
 

Gentatsu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
29
Reaction score
8
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Actually, I'm taking too much time 'cause I'm without Photoshop again >.> I miss my computer ;.; Guess I'll have to do on GIMP again, just to say I've participated on this contest ._.

I've voted for Gentatsu^^ I think the sig he made is amazing! I also loved heavens_dragon's sig^^ The image you used is from Ultimo?
I officially love you =P
 

D. Hawk

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
380
Reaction score
50
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Sig. Art Contests Silver medal!!! \o/

*take the medal*
MY PRECIOUS!!! <_>




BTW, i'm realy like the leafです signature for this contest. Thats have my vote, nice efects.
 

heavens_dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
586
Reaction score
87
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Actually, I'm taking too much time 'cause I'm without Photoshop again >.> I miss my computer ;.; Guess I'll have to do on GIMP again, just to say I've participated on this contest ._.

I've voted for Gentatsu^^ I think the sig he made is amazing! I also loved heavens_dragon's sig^^ The image you used is from Ultimo?
Aww! Thanks Farfalla, it's just too bad nobody else liked it >.< But that's ok! I'll just try harder next time :) And yep, the images are from Ultimo manga.

Oh no! Hope you get your computer back soon! Don't want to miss any of your sigs! Never heard of GIMP before, is that like a Photoshop program?
 

Gentatsu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
29
Reaction score
8
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Aww! Thanks Farfalla, it's just too bad nobody else liked it >.< But that's ok! I'll just try harder next time :) And yep, the images are from Ultimo manga.

Oh no! Hope you get your computer back soon! Don't want to miss any of your sigs! Never heard of GIMP before, is that like a Photoshop program?
It's a freeware Image Editing software. Practically impossible to use if you're newbie at it. Totally not user friendly ): But if you do know how to use it, then you could probably make just as good sigs on it. I've seen a few which are pretty top notch made in GIMP. Although PS rips it any day.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Yeah ._. it's rly hard to use it. Maybe because I'm used to PS... but I guess I agree with Gentatsu ._. I've already done two sig with it... but this time I guess I'll give up XD Even Paint would be easier >.>
Gentatsu, luv'ya too XD
And thanks, heavens_dragon^^ Ultimo seems cool! But it's been a while that chapters won't come out ;.;
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Well, this is technically the last day of this current contest, but I wanted to know if anyone else thought that they might enter the contest if we extended it for one more week.

Farfalla? I know that you expressed interest in doing a signature but were having technical difficulties. We don't mind extending the contest for another week.

The same goes for anyone else that wants to take a stab at this theme. (Something related to babies isn't that hard of a theme. :sweatbunny) I feel bad that there are only three participants in this current contest.

So, please give me some feedback by tomorrow. :vbunny
 

WhatWhatinthebutt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Well, this is technically the last day of this current contest, but I wanted to know if anyone else thought that they might enter the contest if we extended it for one more week.

The same goes for anyone else that wants to take a stab at this theme. (Something related to babies isn't that hard of a theme. :sweatbunny) I feel bad that there are only three participants in this current contest.
Aren't there four? AND I would love that that!!!
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Aren't there four? AND I would love that that!!!
Sorry. You are correct; there are four. I guess I just miscounted or something. :sweatdrop

Anyway, so you're saying that, if we extend the contest for one more week, you will submit an entry?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top