All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatWhatinthebutt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Sorry. You are correct; there are four. I guess I just miscounted or something. :sweatdrop

Anyway, so you're saying that, if we extend the contest for one more week, you will submit an entry?
Yeah.... I've been postponing the thing... and I had this interesting concept and title and everything...
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Okay, I agree with Tsuki that if people are willing to submit - and it seems so - then we are in for extending the contest with another week. I hope we can get some extra entries. So let's extend ths contest for one week. okay?
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Yes, what Koen said.

Yeah.... I've been postponing the thing... and I had this interesting concept and title and everything...
This statement means that we are expecting a submission from you this week. I'll be very sad if you don't fulfill my expectations. :worrybunny
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I just submit both names as winners because it will take more time to determine the winner from both very deserving winners. So instead of choosing one, I just go with a tied result.

Well, I don't mind a change at all. ^.^
And we always have extension if entries submitted are less than 3. We need 3 to start voting. Normally, extension is not given for a contest with 3 or more submissions by the end of the deadline.

Again, I'm fine with any new changes made to the rules ever since.
I'm still around, just so you know ... lurking in the shadow due to my busy busy college life.

Good luck to all !!!!

And thanks, Tsuki. You're awesome!

[koen]yeah... thank you too[/koen]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

And thanks, Tsuki. You're awesome!
What about me ??
Im awesome too :(

[leen]you are totally awesome too. :glomp [/leen]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I just submit both names as winners because it will take more time to determine the winner from both very deserving winners. So instead of choosing one, I just go with a tied result.

Well, I don't mind a change at all. ^.^
And we always have extension if entries submitted are less than 3. We need 3 to start voting. Normally, extension is not given for a contest with 3 or more submissions by the end of the deadline.

Again, I'm fine with any new changes made to the rules ever since.
I'm still around, just so you know ... lurking in the shadow due to my busy busy college life.

Good luck to all !!!!

And thanks, Tsuki. You're awesome!

[koen]yeah... thank you too[/koen]
You're welcome. *blushes* :hbunny You're also welcome, Koen (although I'm not sure why you're thanking me too :amuse).

Anyway, I'm still hoping for more entries in this week's contest, and you would be really, really awesome, Akasunanosasori, if you submitted an entry. ;)
 

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

you are totally awesome too. ~Leen
Lol thx leen !
Anyway, I'm still hoping for more entries in this week's contest, and you would be really, really awesome, Akasunanosasori, if you submitted an entry.
really sorry, Im out of ideas for this theme...
:(
 

heavens_dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
586
Reaction score
87
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

It's a freeware Image Editing software. Practically impossible to use if you're newbie at it. Totally not user friendly ): But if you do know how to use it, then you could probably make just as good sigs on it. I've seen a few which are pretty top notch made in GIMP. Although PS rips it any day.
Thanks for the GIMP explanation, Gentatsu! I've always used Paint and Photoshop but it's good to know that there are other Image Editor though I totally agree that PS rips any day :D

Ahh, I spent two hours on a sig for this theme and I realized it was a spoil T___T Back to the drawing board
Thanks for the extention btw, gives me time to make another one...hopefully!
 

WhatWhatinthebutt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Yes, what Koen said.



This statement means that we are expecting a submission from you this week. I'll be very sad if you don't fulfill my expectations. :worrybunny
LOL:D :noworry

I've got something.... I had to totally scrap my other one.... this one's just a mosaic... I don't even know if it pertains to the theme.... and this is the only day I can finish this...
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

You did it, WhatWhat!!! :confetti

Thank you for submitting. The submission was well worth the wait. The mosaic looks pretty cool. I also like the play on the saying "apple of my eye." Very nice.

So, now there are five entries in the current contest (a respectable number :thumbs). I would definitely enjoy more entries, but if there are none, I won't feel too bad.

Just so you know, Koen picked the next theme before stepping down to focus on his studies :scry, and as such, I intend to use it. Just as a heads-up, the next contest's theme will be "cars." I am not much of a car person, but I will still be interested to see what you guys can produce. You might even make me have an interest in cars! :tem
 

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I'm here with my new submission for the new contest :)
I hope it will not be too much ecchi for someone... but you know me LOL
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

lol great sig sasori! i think i will participate in this theme ..
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Sasori, you did it again. xD
Anyways, great sig! I don't know if I'm gonna participate... I'll try to make something and see what comes out. :amuse
 

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Did I just submit a sig ?
 

dHEKU

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
66
Reaction score
18
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

sasori! Congrats!
=DD
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Did I just submit a sig ?
Yes and no? It seems, it disappeared :) so better reuploading your sig ;)

anyway, congratz to sasori for winning the contest

and thank you all for participating in the contest with my last chose theme: they look all nice
 

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Sorry
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

submitted my sig ^_^ the only thing that came to mind. though i thought about a venom one also but the venom pic was 2 big so i just went with this :/
 

dHEKU

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
66
Reaction score
18
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I remembered the old supersticker, so i did this signature, i hope you like it~~
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Hah, kakashi919, that's a cool sig.! :D Nice idea.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top