- Joined
- Apr 18, 2009
- Messages
- 1,073
- Reaction score
- 284
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
if it his 4 vs 7 no crew interfierence.. than WB is enough for 5 shichi's, shanks stays with mihawk and the other 2 stay with the one left ^^
We saw Shanks use a sword once, and it was against WB's polearm. Should we have assumed that WB is just the world's greatest bisentosman and that if anyone came around better with a bisento he would be able to beat Whitebeard? Shanks uses a sword yes, that doesn't mean his skill with a sword is the only thing he's got.WB is the strongest man as well as the most powerfullest pirate. Powerful means crew (+alliance) power. His union (crew+alliance) is the strongest. Their is nothing to debate about that.
There have been several hints in the mange, which lets me conclude that Shanks is a swordsman. And ur comparison with Jozu/Mwk and WB/Shanks, doesn't put Shanks above Mwk for every logical reason.
I wasn't referring to that clash, as I was talking about hints..We saw Shanks use a sword once, and it was against WB's polearm. Should we have assumed that WB is just the world's greatest bisentosman and that if anyone came around better with a bisento he would be able to beat Whitebeard? Shanks uses a sword yes, that doesn't mean his skill with a sword is the only thing he's got.
1. Err... what? So Kidd, Smoker, Law, or Zoro can't be Luffy's rival because they don't fight with fists? If Zoro is a better swordsman than Kizaru, does that mean Zoro will win if Kizaru fights with his lightsaber?I wasn't referring to that clash, as I was talking about hints..
There are also some other hints stated in the red datebook. Anyway, Shanks is a swordsman until he starts with karate or w/e skills.
1. Shanks and Mwk were called rivals. Mwk is clearly a swordsman and a rival of a swordsman can be only another swordsman, Shanks
2. Swordsman fight only with their swords, like Zoro so far every time did, except for comedic purpose. Here we see the SHs get read for their fight with their preferred weapon. Now here Shanks and Buggy on Roger's ship. Plz note Zoro and Shanks, who are pulling their swords.
It seems you are not taking my post seriously and Im feeling retarded to answer on yours.. but well, I guess this is called life.. huh?1. Err... what? So Kidd, Smoker, Law, or Zoro can't be Luffy's rival because they don't fight with fists? If Zoro is a better swordsman than Kizaru, does that mean Zoro will win if Kizaru fights with his lightsaber?
2. So Shanks fights the same way now he did ~23 years ago? Skills? His haki damaged Whitebeard's ship without even trying to, what will happen if Shanks actually focuses it? Kamehamehaki? Just because Mihawk would beat him in a fencing match doesn't mean he'd win in a real fight.
Why not? Can u proof sth else? I expect Zoro to fight with his swords for his entire life. Same goes for Sanji's feet moves and Luffy's rubber moves. But everything will be added with haki and they would be faster and stronger. I don't see a reason for Shanks to change his fighting style, even if he lost a arm.So Shanks fights the same way now he did ~23 years ago?
So the fact that Kizaru can move at the speed of light is irrelevant? Zoro is better with a sword so he'll kill Kizaru?It seems you are not taking my post seriously and Im feeling retarded to answer on yours.. but well, I guess this is called life.. huh?
1. They were called rival since they were both aiming for the top as swordsman.
Kidd and Law are Luffy's rivals, since all three are aiming for the throne as the PK. Smoker and Zoro.. why are they now considered as rivals of Luffy? They don't even have the same goal. And about ur question: Yes, if he was a better swordsman (with haki control) then he would.
2. Reread the Kuja arc. Haki can be imbued with weapons. Means Shanks would power up his sword with haki, same for Mwk (I believe). Did u expect Shanks to shoot some kind of haki laser?
Why not? Can u proof sth else? I expect Zoro to fight with his swords for his entire life. Same goes for Sanji's feet moves and Luffy's rubber moves. But everything will be added with haki and they would be faster and stronger. I don't see a reason for Shanks to change his fighting style, even if he lost a arm.
I had this discussion over and over. And always the same story. Ppl assuming that Shanks would use a different fighting style. If that is so then proof it and we could stop wasting time.
Just a side note of mine: Haki is not a fighting style! It can be considered as a power up or lets say a better fuel, but nothing more.
Rayleigh a swordsman with control over haki was able to fight Kizaru pretty much equal. Ray proofed that Kiz's "speed of light" is irrelevant in a close ranch fights. Zoro as a swordsman is also close ranch fighter.So the fact that Kizaru can move at the speed of light is irrelevant? Zoro is better with a sword so he'll kill Kizaru?
I am. I don't have any proofs though. At this point to my understanding everyone has haki. Since it is willpower (ambiation). It's just about controlling it. I don't see why Mwk shouldn't have control over haki. Since he will fight Zoro and since he is presented as one of those strongest in One Piece.I'm aware that haki can infuse weapons. Are you presuming Mihawk has as much of it as Shanks does?
If his fighting style is based on swords, then he is a swordsman. So far we have no indication that he uses sth else.I'm not saying he won't use a sword, I'm saying his skill with a sword isn't the whole extent of his abilities in a fight.
Sentomaru used sumo moves, while he added it with haki. The Boa sisters, well I don't know how their fighting style is called, but they are close ranch fighters with control over haki. Rokushiki is a fighting style on its own created by Oda. I consider Franky and Morgan as weapon user.And tell Sentoumaru and Sandersonia that haki isn't a fighting style. Is Rokushiki just a power up and not a fighting style? Is Morgan's axe not his fighting style, just a power up for his karate chops? Franky's cyborg parts are just a power up? Where do you draw the line?
why do you say close ranch instead of range? anyway i reckon shanks would beat mihawk because of his haki. and wb would destroy the world so it woul be a draw.Rayleigh a swordsman with control over haki was able to fight Kizaru pretty much equal. Ray proofed that Kiz's "speed of light" is irrelevant in a close ranch fights. Zoro as a swordsman is also close ranch fighter.
I am. I don't have any proofs though. At this point to my understanding everyone has haki. Since it is willpower (ambiation). It's just about controlling it. I don't see why Mwk shouldn't have control over haki. Since he will fight Zoro and since he is presented as one of those strongest in One Piece.
If his fighting style is based on swords, then he is a swordsman. So far we have no indication that he uses sth else.
Sentomaru used sumo moves, while he added it with haki. The Boa sisters, well I don't know how their fighting style is called, but they are close ranch fighters with control over haki. Rokushiki is a fighting style on its own created by Oda. I consider Franky and Morgan as weapon user.
My line in fighting styles and power-ups; Haki is a technique which can be added (imbued) in weapons and fists. It can be used to mind reading and makes df user tangible. However it can be used in combination with every fighting style. We have seen Rayleigh (swordsman), Luffy (bare-hand fighter), Sento (sumo) using it. I don't see haki as a fighting style on its own, since it is just a powerup which can be used with everything.
So yes, Shanks can use haki, but if he would wield a sword, then he would be still a swordsman.
Another power-up would be if u train ur muscles to become stronger and faster. That is also a power up, since you are using the same fighting style u used before, just faster and stronger.

Reread the fight with Rayleigh and u will understand why.why do you say close ranch instead of range?
First of all I persoanlly think WB is the strongest. Means he would beat anyone in a fair 1vs1. However you are exerarting him way too much. There is no way that WB can hold four Shichi all alone. Otherwise the war would be over already...how in the world did this discussion even get to 9 pages?
Whitebeard alone can probably decimate 4 shichibukai at the same time, it takes 2 of them to hold down someone of admiral calibre(Joz) Farless a yonkou
And it takes all of them plus the admirals to balance the yonkou so how the hell can they pull it off alone?
No they can't. It's not like Shanks is sailing alone on the seas. He has a mighty crew. Like WB prates Jozu and Marco, must be Red-Haired prates Ben, Yasopp, and Lucky on last tier level as well. So the Marines has to fight a freaking monster crew.But honestly? Dont you think That if Shanks was that weak(not to downplay mihawks strength) that the Marines wouldve taken him out already?
Indeed.The marines fear each and every one for a reason


The arc is over now and we have our long awaited answer. Despite having all those disadvantage, WB still made BB his bitch. In a fair 1vs1 BB would lose in less than 10 sec. Finally we can end one painful discussion. Im as hell as glad to have been on WB's side since his introduction. WB lived, died and will be remembered as a Legend!The infobox presented a title, not a fact. Unfortunately, we'll have no conclusion to this debate until this arc's conclusion. Until then, we'll just agree to disagree.