Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Despite their results, in all ManU matches I've seen so far this season their performance has been very lacklustre.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Portugal's finally in 2nd! xD What a matchday!
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Sorry Mendes but I'm hoping you guys don't make it.
If you do, we drop to the weak group and will most likely lose next round, if you don't make it through, we make it to the strong group.

Ugggh.. not like I can expect much either way, I hate how my team is playing, and regardless, I think it's for the best if we fail so that Otto can go retire and Nioplias (who is doing incredibly with the U21) takes over.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
We'll most likely go through. The worst 2nd classified is Norway with 10 points (1 game less) and we have 16. If we win the next game we're qualified for the playoffs.
Thank you Denmark, we love you! xD
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Nosotro también tenemo gato e? Brasuca gil, te vua a caga a trompada conchitumá

/termo mode off

We're fucked.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hermano, I didn't understand what you said but I know it wasn't good, hahaha =D

But I'm glad, I'm satisfied. Brazil, Italy, Germany and Argentina are on the Cup. These teams make the Cup for me.

Congrats, argentine people!
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Argentina's matches never fail to amuse me. From winning the match again thanks to a "wooden legs" like Jonás to what Maradona said after the match (that every journalist should "suck it" - literally). The highlight of the press conference (to me, at least) was when he said he didn't use a defensive tactic because he could have included one more defender at the end and he chose Tévez. At least now I know that when he says he's planning to play defensively I have to expect a 6-4-0. You just gotta love the bastard.

If there aren't major changes on the team and management I'd be shocked if we made it through the WC's first round.
 
Last edited:

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I saw the Uruguay - Argentina match. A sad show... I didnt see any goal chance in the whole match. Bollati scored a lucky goal, but overall the game was played with passes among the defense and defensive midfield. At least you guys went trough... Portugal had the miracle of getting 2nd and we'll have to play a playoff now.
 

kalerab

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2008
Messages
243
Reaction score
142
Gender
Male
Country
Slovakia
Slovakia - Poland 1:0. Finally, after 16 years we´re finally there again - it was too long.
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I was expecting an awesome game between Argentina and Uruguai, but almost ended up dying from boredom :p. I Suppose that if the goal was from Uruguai the final minutes would be super intense, with Argentina needing a draw to get through.
Either way, I'm glad I didn't watch Brasil's game :XD
Now, even if they classified they'll go to the cup like we went in 94, with everyone thinking they'll a total failure. We ended up winning cause of Taffarel and Romario, and Argentina has Messi ( who I didn't see playing yesterday ) who, if playing all he knows, could take Argentina very far. Just try to stay away from penaltys, cause your keeper...

Now, I look forward to our friendly match with England. Dunga already said he wont call any of the players who play here 'cause it's in the final rounds of the br-champ.
If that's true, awesome. More Adriano here in Flamengo to take us into the Libertadores zone :XD \o/
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Slovakia - Poland 1:0. Finally, after 16 years we´re finally there again - it was too long.
Congrats, that was impressivel! Never expected Slovakia to go trough the WC
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
I'm confused about Uefa's site.
So Edinho decides to score, and now he's the face of Fifa?

Are you satisfied with him Mendes? I don't know if he's even playing in Malaga now..

Congrats to Argentina, can't have a world cup without Argentina.
And a big congrats to Spain for a perfect 30 points.. jeez.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I'm confused about Uefa's site.
So Edinho decides to score, and now he's the face of Fifa?

Are you satisfied with him Mendes? I don't know if he's even playing in Malaga now..
Well I never saw him play in any team, except for some 10 minute appearances for the national team. I think he can be a bet for the friendly matches we have before the WC (assuming we get there...). Right now, the recently naturalized Liedson is the owner of that position, but the next in line is very uncertain.

Congrats to Argentina, can't have a world cup without Argentina.
And a big congrats to Spain for a perfect 30 points.. jeez.
I quote that! I'd bet money on Spain to win this WC. Argentina made it, but barely. Maradona recommended that everyone who didnt believe they'd make it could suck it (yeah he said it with all the words).
 

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
And it gets worse for Liverpool. Yet again they lose. This time Darren Bent scores after his shot was deflected off a beachball thrown by a Liverpool supporter. Benitez has had 6 years to create a 2 man team. Go back Xabi. All is forgiven.

They need to sort themselves out. I laughed when Arsenal struggled a couple of seasons back but this is even worse. Arsenal only had Spurs to worry about. With both Man City and Spurs taking points where they would have lost them last season and Aston Villa carrying on they way they finished the previous season Liverpool might not even make the Europa League.

The thought of that happening just gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
^ Not to mention sunderland, who not only have bent, but marseille's former captain, lyons defender mensah and all sorts of quality. They are definitely one hell of a dark horse.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Haha I saw that incident with the balloon! So damn funny... I feel sorry for Liverpool, I'd cheer for them to win the league if they'd build a stronger team.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Manchester United is another team I don't see going anywhere this season.
Every season they say so, 1st haha Chelsea slipping up, but hey we have a crap midfield compared to liverpool, chelsea and arsenal :lmao
 

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Every season they say so, 1st haha Chelsea slipping up, but hey we have a crap midfield compared to liverpool, chelsea and arsenal :lmao
To be honest we shouldn't be surprised at Man U this season. They've done this consistently over a period of time.

Ince, Hughes and co get booted out to various corners of Europe. The '96 double.
Cantona retires. They do the treble.
Van Nistelrooy gets shipped out to Real Madrid. 3 league titles and the european Cup again.

There a level of bloody mindedness to that club that you just have to admire. Which will make Real's situation even funnier if they end the season trophyless.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top