Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I did the same with Mago, well, I read the one-shot, disliked it, but I started the series not soon after (like an hour later or so) and I still dislike the series (I'm at ch.9 tho')
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Oh man... I'm not really bothered by the fact Metallica won, but Prince of Socc... I mean, Crown in second? Damn, I wanted Dengi to get serialized... it looks so much more interesting...

btw, has anyone noticed the serialized versions of winning sports manga from Golden Cup always seem to be radically different from their respective oneshots? I wonder if Crown is going to follow that trend...
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

btw, has anyone noticed the serialized versions of winning sports manga from Golden Cup always seem to be radically different from their respective oneshots? I wonder if Crown is going to follow that trend...
Actually, there is only one winner for sport manga which changed when serialized. So, I can't call it always.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Is Metallica by the author of Dogashi Kaiden? I really liked the art of that series, despite there being a few characters who looked the same. Metallica's story premise actually interests me (minus the father part) because of the metal theme and how it sounds quite steampunk (me like steampunk).
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Is Metallica by the author of Dogashi Kaiden?
No, Metalica is by Mizuno Teruaki, and Dogashi is by Hamada Kousuke.
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Actually, there is only one winner for sport manga which changed when serialized. So, I can't call it always.
There's also Barcelona Monogatari, last year's runner-up. It ended up becoming Meister, which has nothing to do with the one-shot except for being soccer-themed.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

No, Metalica is by Mizuno Teruaki, and Dogashi is by Hamada Kousuke.
Huh... But didn't Hamada Kousuke do a one-shot as well?
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Moderator Notice:
Off topic discussion on Gintama anime/movie was moved to it's anime thread.

Helpful reminder - Once you start talking about specifics of a series, consider it off topic.

This is the second time I've had to do this so next time they will be deleted. ;) ~ Akiyama


I moved the off topic post to the Gintama anime thread. - Kaiten
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I'm kind of feel weird that information about the release of Kagijin's volume 1 revealed before information about Ane Dokii's volume 1.
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Could be that Kagijin's gonna have three shorter volumes instead of two standard ones, much like Meister had two tanks with only ten chapters.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Could be that Kagijin's gonna have three shorter volumes instead of two standard ones, much like Meister had two tanks with only ten chapters.
It is possible that Kagijin going to have three volumes because it looks like Kagijin going to continue until chapter 17-19, and can fill the volume by adding one shots, like they did on Asklepios, Over Time, etc.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

What information exactly is available about Kagijin volume 1? I'd like to know why some significance is being drawn from this. It's not like sales information is available for any at Amazon Japan.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

What information exactly is available about Kagijin volume 1? I'd like to know why some significance is being drawn from this. It's not like sales information is available for any at Amazon Japan.
The editors usually add short line information, usually on first page or cover page, about release of volumes, drama cd, novel, etc.

You can see the information about Kagijin's volume 1 release at the side of page 2 on chapter 15.


61 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2009/10/26(月) 01:38:46 ID:xcTKIqoP0
小ネタ
・49赤out
・ドベ5 赤、鍵、めだか、黒、犬
・休ジャガー
・in 50~ねこわっぱ
   51~麻生
・50C黒
65 : ◆EizHb38XPU :2009/10/26(月) 01:39:50 ID:xcTKIqoP0
名前入れ忘れた
Issue 49 Bottom 5

Lilienthal
Kuroko
Medaka
Kagijin
Akaboshi (fin)

New series: Issue 50=Neko Wappa, Issue 51=Asou

Issue 50= Color Page=Gintama, Kuroko, Jaguar absent
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Why Akaboshi, why?! D:

It's a shame really, the art was one of the best in the magazine and the story was progressing well too. ;-;
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Akaboshi before Kagijin? lol wut? O_o I know it looked like it was heading towards its end but it shouldn't have gone before Kagijin.

It is also a few weeks early for a new series to come in isn't it? Then again, the same happened with the last few batches.

Ah, kind of sad that Lilienthal ended up doing what I expected of Shinigami by debuting in the bottom 5. That can't be good.

Kuroko back where it belongs. Is it going to get another color page to boost it up again? -________-
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Muwlove... you need to translate the whole thing instead of just half of it...

61 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2009/10/26(月) 01:38:46 ID:xcTKIqoP0
小ネタ
・49赤out
・ドベ5 赤、鍵、めだか、黒、犬
・休ジャガー
・in 50~ねこわっぱ
   51~麻生
・50C黒
65 : ◆EizHb38XPU :2009/10/26(月) 01:39:50 ID:xcTKIqoP0
名前入れ忘れた
2009-49 Bottom 5:
Lilienthal
Kuroko
Medaka
Kagijin
Akaboshi (The End)

Jaguar on break

New series info:
2009-50: Neko Wappa
2009-51: By Asou Shuuichi (Author of Yuushagaku)

2009-50
Lead CP (Probably): Neko Wappa (New series)
CP: Kuroko, Gintama (not mentioned, but since it's Gintama month...)
 
Last edited:

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Okay...Kuroko is starting to ridicule the shit outta me. Yet another bottom 5 performance and once again a CP's following in the very next issue?! Seriously...that's fucked up!

Additional tidbits muwlove didn't translate:
* Jaguar taking a break in #49
* Yuushagaku's Asou Shuuichi returns in #51 with a new series
* CP for Kuroko in #50
 

pandaaqueen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2008
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
1,363
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

2009-50
Lead CP (Probably): Neko Wappo (New series)
CP: Kuroko
WTF?! That's damn annoying, really. -_- Why don't they just let this series die?
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I know Akaboshi going to get axed because of low ranking, but it is sad when I actually see it.

I'm surprise that Neko Wappa actually get serialized, I thought it was just rumor. One shot of Neko was pretty good, but I thought it is no good enough to be serialized, but it looks like I'm wrong. I hope the author do better than one shot.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Aw, Rilienthal started it's first ranked chapter in the bottom, it seems the cuts have begun, let's see what the next few weeks have to offer us.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top