All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just wasted the last 2 1/2 hours of my life..... making this gold sig.... UGH!!!!!!!!!!! ;bash Anyways... I got a few ideas for the old theme.... and The Kingdom was boring as heck imo... took me like four days to watch it 'cuz I kept sleeping...
I'm sorry that you missed the deadline, but the contest, like all of the contests, was open for two weeks. :sweatbunny Hopefully you will make an entry into the current contest; it sounds like you already have some ideas, which is a good start. :tem

I am sorry to hear about The Kingdom. If it was really good, I might have considered watching it. Thanks for the information on the movie! :hbunny


Btw, WhatWhat, I would love to see your signature that you would have submitted for the gold theme. You could post in this thread for us to view it if you would like. :whoabunny
 
Last edited:

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Thanks for the submission!!! I am glad you were able to make it into this contest. Your submission looks very nicely done. Gold works well with Jamie Foxx. I am not sure if you have ever heard the song "Gold Digger" by him, but when I saw him in your signature, I suddenly started thinking of that song for some reason. :XD
thx a lot ^^

Jamie Foxx has been in a couple movies as a soldier, I think. I haven't seen The Kingdom. (I don't usually watch a lot of fighting-intensive movies.) Do you really like that film, and would you recommend watching it? :)
Uhh no I haven't seen it, I just used the img .
 

WhatWhatinthebutt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Btw, WhatWhat, I would love to see your signature that you would have submitted for the gold theme. You could post in this thread for us to view it if you would like. :whoabunny
Umm... it's actually below me.... My title would've been Golden Opportunities: Too good to pass up (and if your wondering how it took 2 1/2 hours I had to render both Boa and Luffy)
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

The signature is very nice, WhatWhat! It is a shame that you were not able to make it into the last contest with that. It probably would have been rather popular. :hbunny
For some reason, when I saw Luffy, I thought back to the beginning of the Amazon Lily arc with the discussion of kintama. :gigglebunny It wouldn't have been appropriate to draw Luffy's kintama, but it does surprisingly have relevance. Oda has a funny way of delivering on comedic timing. :amuse
 
Last edited:

WhatWhatinthebutt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

The signature is very nice, WhatWhat! It is a shame that you were not able to make it into the last contest with that. It probably would have been rather popular. :hbunny
For some reason, when I saw Luffy, I thought back to the beginning of the Amazon Lily arc with the discussion of kintama. :gigglebunny It wouldn't been appropriate to draw Luffy's kintama, but it does surprisingly have relevance. Oda has a funny way of delivering on comedic timing. :amuse
I wanted to put in kintama, but I didn't know how!!!!! :D Anyways... my sig idea is a lot darker than this one... I don't know if you'll like...
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I wanted to put in kintama, but I didn't know how!!!!! :D Anyways... my sig idea is a lot darker than this one... I don't know if you'll like...
I'm glad you didn't know how to draw Luffy's kintama; it would have been a rather interesting situation if you did actually make a signature with them. :sweatbunny
I'm sure I will probably like your new signature. Dark ones are nice for a change of pace, and this theme also has the capacity to be taken to a darker place. :)
 

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Go go old man...
 

`clone.

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Well I hope it's right to ask questions here. I was just wondering about something relating to "Old Age".

So if you said by Old Age, can we think of it as... vintage? It's not necessarily a certain person/character, but just like... vintage items or similar. Would that be alright?
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Well I hope it's right to ask questions here. I was just wondering about something relating to "Old Age".

So if you said by Old Age, can we think of it as... vintage? It's not necessarily a certain person/character, but just like... vintage items or similar. Would that be alright?
Hmm... If you could elaborate on that idea of yours a bit more, I think I would be able to give a better answer. Would the vintage items be used in a way to show a memory of an older time?


Thank you for the submission, Akasunanosasori. Is there anything special about the particular old man that made you chose him? I don't recognize him or the background scenery. I'll look at the picture more closely tomorrow to see if I can figure out what that statue is in the background (or you could tell me). :hbunny

The gold theme contest has had its winner declared, and that winner is Farfalla. Congratulations, Farfalla! :confetti
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

congrats to farfalla winning the previous contest!

sorry doesn't look like i will be able to take part in the old age contest.. really wanted to :( video card is fried and the new one wouldn't be coming anytime soon so -_-
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congrats, Farfalla! :amuse And happy birthday, MH! :party:beer:dance
 

|Castigo|

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
19
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

nice entry Akasunanosasori... is that yellow light a texture or a brush?
 

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

thx, I made some pentool lines and played with the glow and color proprieties.
 

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congratulations Farfalla, you're awesome as always :D
And welcome between us |Castigo| ;)
I've just submitted my new sig with an old ecchi mate, Kame Sannin (aka Muten Roshi), I hope you like it !
 

dHEKU

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
66
Reaction score
18
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I will not participate in this, but congratulations to Farfalla, Welcome to the new members, and good luck with the new competition.

o/
 

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I'm not that good with that theme ,but I will love to see what gets produced though. Goodluck with all the entries and such.

Also if I may can I make trophys for the winners for each sig contest stating what number they won?
 

leafです

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 13, 2009
Messages
44
Reaction score
13
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I'm glad to see the slight increase of all these GFX members. :3
*waits for a easier theme* [disappears] :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top