Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

Asmoden

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2009
Messages
137
Reaction score
12
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: xxxholic 192 Discussion/193 Prediction Thread

I don't get why he have to personally pay when he ask to little (he is alredy in loss...).
And is it really possible he whon't never again be able to exit the store... whith this we will miss his friends or maybe he can in order to grant a wish?:oh
 

feisu-chan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
250
Reaction score
110
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: xxxholic 192 Discussion/193 Prediction Thread

i think the point of the Shamisen arc was to show how Watanuki is still Watanuki - being that he would refuse to accept other people's most precious things as their payment so he settles on a lesser value... Which in turn hurts him...

Mokona said that a balance should be maintained by having payments of the proper value - or at least that's how i understood his statement. If Watanuki accepts a higher or lower value than the proper price, he will be facing some consequences, paying for the excess or the loss of balance... i think...

Oh well... at least there's a hint that the TRC guys are coming over, ihope...

But, WHAT?! no Doumeki-kun?!
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxholic 192 Discussion/193 Prediction Thread

It was also nice to gets some updates on the Tsubasa travelers. We can probably expect them to reenter the story (if only for a little while) in the future (perhaps after the next couple of story arcs). So, they are currently in Piffle. I wonder what brings them there. Any thoughts on that? I can't really think of a good reason for them to return to that world beyond that they are just visiting places on their journey, but there might be some significance from them being mentioned as being there.
Well, they did say that they got Kurogane a new arm. So that was probably why. That world was the one with high enough levels of technology that it could be done.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: xxxholic 192 Discussion/193 Prediction Thread

Well, they did say that they got Kurogane a new arm. So that was probably why. That world was the one with high enough levels of technology that it could be done.
Ah, that makes sense. Thank you for the response. So, that was probably the reason it was mentioned then. I was hoping that there would be something deeper to be revealed (which is still possible, but your explanation seems like the most likely cause for it being mentioned :)).
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: New xxxHolic-Rou OAD

Yaaaaaaaaay! Finally! I've been wondering when they're gonna make another OAD!
*happydance*
:clap2:clap:whoo:dance:jbya:woot:confetti:occa:woo:spaz::turtle:headbang:pmg

I really do hope that means they'll do more Tsubasa ones too; I love both sides of the story, and would love to see all of them in motion.

But... it does say 'Rou' at the end, doesn't it?... So does that mean they're gonna skip the finale of the original xxxHolic and skip straight to Yuuko already being gone with merely a flashback of her departure or something? That'd be a bummer.

Kinda like how they skipped some of the best arcs in Tsubasa... I still hold out the thin hope that they'll go back and animate what they've missed... but it looks like they're only jumping on what's currently on the market. Me, I'd prefer they do the whole thing, on both series, on principle.

We'll see... I'll hope for the best. And either way I know I'll enjoy it regardless.
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: xxxholic 192 Discussion/193 Prediction Thread

I'm just curious how & when they'll use the mokona(s) earring where memories are kept...

I guess, it must be a few more chapters until the tsubasa gang arrives at the shop once more :)
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxholic 192 Discussion/193 Prediction Thread

I'm just curious how & when they'll use the mokona(s) earring where memories are kept...
Well, the Tsubasa gang are already using it as we speak. In the end of Tsubasa, White Mokona already said that the memories it contains act as sort of an anchor to the worlds that the group visits. They'll be more likely to end up in places they've been to before, or places that will hold some kind of significance to them, thanks to the power of memory in that earring.

So it's not really being unsealed, but just by being there, it helps reduce their chances of just ending up in random places. And will guarantee that they'll eventually end up back home, because "memory" binds them to their homes.
 

Nataku27

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 14, 2007
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: New xxxHolic-Rou OAD

Well done, thanks for the information ^^
 

Snowolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
200
Reaction score
30
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: New xxxHolic-Rou OAD

exciiiiited.

i hope they don't skip out on the ending of xxxHolic though. that's important.
 

NymphStealer

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
164
Gender
Female
Country
Guam
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

update

11/02 - Young Magazine #49 - No xxxHOLiC
11/09 - Young Magazine #50 - Chapter 191
11/16 - Young Magazine #51 - Chapter 192
11/21 - Young Magazine #52 - Chapter 193



sorry didnt post this few days ago... been super busy w/ holiday plannin and sons school stuffs..

11/16 - Young Magazine #51 - Chapter 192
11/21 - Young Magazine #52 - Chapter 193
11/30 - Young Magazine #53 - No xxxHOLiC
12/07 - Young Magazine #01 - No xxxHOLiC
 
Last edited:

Vande

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
89
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

From the bottom of the latest chapter:

The next chapter of xxxHOLiC: Rou will go on sale 21st December. An extra-long chapter with colour pages!

That's one long break....
 

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
xxxHolic 193 Discussion/194 Prediction Thread

Chapter 193 is out on OneManga! :amuse

There's an interesting conversation between Haruka and Watanuki which involves Yuuko.

No more Holic until December 21st :crying
 
Last edited:

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: New xxxHolic-Rou OAD

Ooohhh!!! Great! :amuse

*starts jumping* :dance

I want to see Rou animated. That'd be so cool! :cheerbunny

By the way, I hope they don't skip the ending (chappy 183-185). It will seem incomplete if they do so.
 

oralyon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
39
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 193 Discussion/194 Prediction Thread

I'm sure of something now.

Watanuki is Clow Lead or FWR or both. The similarity are just too huge. He has huge magical power. He swear to wait for Yuuko. His apparence is overall similar.

If he isn't one of them he's clearly linked to them.

I would even go farther and take another guess. Maybe the egg wil be what will somehow give birth to FWR. Maybe, "Nothing will born form that egg" means that this egg will only bring destruction, which could refer as FWR existence.

At least, I'm sure that FWR isn't a relative of Clow. I'm pretty sure that he is something that is born from Clow.
 
Last edited:

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: xxxHolic 193 Discussion/194 Prediction Thread

The whole story is getting really weird right now:

1. We have Watanuki, who is now trapped in the shop granting wishes without taking a "fair price". He has no early memories, his time is stopped, he shares an eye, and wants Yuuko back. Plus, it was said that a big power was sealed into him, something that comes through bloodline. Looks like FWR, or Clow.

2. The black mokona doesn't have its earring anymore. Why did it give it to the Tsubasa gang?

3. Now it seems that Haruka-san had previously met Yuuko, and Watanuki too, in some way. I wonder if he had done it before he died or not. The most important thing is that she told him to take care of him. Maybe something bad is going to happen.

4. Still nothing about Himawari and the purpose of that egg. Any thoughts?

Ok, I don't know where this is going. But that word "sealed" seems strange. Like he didn't have any power, but now he does. Or he had such a strong power that it was dangerous for him.

My theory is that if he's not FWR or Clow, then he could be Clow and Yuuko's son and something happened to him during the loop; so he ended up being RSyaoran's other self, or he could be a part of CSyaoran (only one eye, no early memories) or he could be another character (for me it seems like he's "part of someone" rather than "someone". The weirdest thing is that there's no Watanuki in other worlds (or we haven't seen them).

I think I should read Holic from the beginning during the one-month break.
 

oralyon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
39
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 193 Discussion/194 Prediction Thread

Watanuki cannot be Clow and Yuuko son. It would be so unlike Clamp. Yuuko and Clow do not have a son. + we already know who Watanuki is. He is Syaoran.

The earring was given to the tsubasa gang for reasons explained in the epilogue of tsubasa.

i have no idea where Himawari could be. Clamp probably wouldn't have gave up on her.

It was never said that Watanuki has met Yuuko after her death. All we know now is that she contacted Haruka (probably before her death) and ask him to protect Watanuki.

I'm all for Watanuki being Clow/FWR, but it kind of come out of nowhere. No hint were ever given toward thinking that Watanuki could have sealed powers.

I'd also like to repeat myself and point another detail point Toward Watanuki somehow being FWR. FWR couldn't get out of his place. I wonder if FWR's place could somehow be Yuuko shop.
 
Last edited:

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: xxxHolic 193 Discussion/194 Prediction Thread

It was never said that Watanuki has met Yuuko after her death. All we know now is that she contacted Haruka (probably before her death) and ask him to protect Watanuki.
I was talking about Haruka, if he had met Yuuko before or after he died.
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 193 Discussion/194 Prediction Thread

The point where Yuuko meets haruka is in the manga, here . You can see she's wearing the same kimono.

About Watanuki having magic, seeing as he has the same existence as Syaoran, he's descended from Clow, and Syaoran has magic too.

I think the implication in the new pages from tsubasa 28 is that FWR was the result of Clow's wish.
Kurogane: But,
Why was he broken?

I definitely felt the shock from killing him.

Fai: I don't know.

But,
Fei Wong...he too may have been a copy that something created.
------------
!!! page 20
Fai: Not a person,
But a strong thought.

Or maybe the afterimage of the wish of someone with strong magic.

So not Watanuki. And unless something REALLY weird happens with time, Wata just can't be Clow.
 

oralyon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
39
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 193 Discussion/194 Prediction Thread

Well something weird could very well happen with the time. It's not like it didn't already happened. And where exactly is that passage in tsubasa, I don't remember it. But what they say is that FWR may be something created
That prove that he isn't a simple human but it doesn't mean that he is like any other creation. I don't think Watanuki will be FWR. But I think he will be Clow. And I believe FWR will somehow be created from him (maybe with the help of the egg).

And also, thanks for the part where Yuuko meet Haruka. That make me realise that we still don't know what the "butterfly dream" is. It's probably not only for Watanuki to keep on living.
 
Last edited:

cari-hime

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
15
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Ecuador
Re: New xxxHolic-Rou OAD

It's not good that they're skipping the whole finale. I agree- it's pretty much like Tsubasa...
I wonder how they're gonna make it though, there's not enough ROU material yet. I guess it'll be more until then
I only REALLY hope for more Tsubasa OADS!! And perhaps Wata will meet Yuko by then, i hope **
 
Top