Game Fan League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, for repicking I thought we would do something like this:

Before starting with the league, Jyten and I made a tier list, which is divided into High, Mid and Low tier. Now, to keep things balanced, everyone gets to choose no more than two High tier characters (I think there are a total of 18).

Like this, the teams should be pretty balanced and it would be easier to assign new teams, I think. I'll go through this in detail though and if everything goes according to plan I'll be done with everything on Wednesday or so.
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I was asked to see if I wanted to join. So I said sure, why not.

I want dibs on Yagyuu ^^;;
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Like this, we got at least 8 players, great, isn't it?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
We got a MOD! YAY! :woot
I'm not really a mod anymore ^^;; That's Atobe's job now ^^

So how does the Player Draft work?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Jyten and me are still working on the exact details. You'll have to wait another day or two, I suppose.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Jyten and me are still working on the exact details. You'll have to wait another day or two, I suppose.
Yeah, I'm almost done with potential changes to the ability list.That was painful. Balancing everything is quite difficult. I had to on the fly calculate everyone's maximum potential.

Given that I should have a baseline for costs done sometime.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Just a suggestion for letting people pick the players, you guys could do what I tried to do but everyone ignored when I began the league.

Only let people pick 4 characters in their first post, and the remaining 3 after everyone else is done picking their 4. That way you keep teams balanced, to avoid another team like Jav's. But again, if you guys are making a tier system that idea might be useless.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Just a suggestion for letting people pick the players, you guys could do what I tried to do but everyone ignored when I began the league.

Only let people pick 4 characters in their first post, and the remaining 3 after everyone else is done picking their 4. That way you keep teams balanced, to avoid another team like Jav's. But again, if you guys are making a tier system that idea might be useless.
4 characters at once might be a bit much. It might rather be something:

from 20:00 pm onwards everyone sends me two high tier characters they want to use, whoever pms first gets the characters, if there is a character picked twice, I'll pm the person who messaged me later and make him/her repick. To avoid me having an unfair advantage, I'd choose my characters on 21:30 pm. Something like that.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
4 characters at once might be a bit much. It might rather be something:

from 20:00 pm onwards everyone sends me two high tier characters they want to use, whoever pms first gets the characters, if there is a character picked twice, I'll pm the person who messaged me later and make him/her repick. To avoid me having an unfair advantage, I'd choose my characters on 21:30 pm. Something like that.
20:00 pm....? So, 8:00 pm in Germany? It's like 10:30 pm there right now? Our list isn't even technically complete even with costs....I think we should wait till like Thursday...so, we can have everything fleshed out...

I mean people don't even know what their getting yet....

10:30 pm in America means 22:30 pm in Germany....I think?
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That was just an example to explain the system, we certainly will wait and take our time to do things right.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
4 characters at once might be a bit much. It might rather be something:

from 20:00 pm onwards everyone sends me two high tier characters they want to use, whoever pms first gets the characters, if there is a character picked twice, I'll pm the person who messaged me later and make him/her repick. To avoid me having an unfair advantage, I'd choose my characters on 21:30 pm. Something like that.
Do you really think everyone could be online at the same time?
If 4 characters at once is too much, do 2 characters.

Question, are we going to have 7 or 8 players per team?
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Well I'd say certain characters will be reserved for certain older members....

Obviously,

Fayte > Sanada
Atobe > Atobe (though if Atobe isn't joining I'll gladly take Atobe)
Sherlock > Niou

etc...

Personally, for top tier I only want Sanada, Atobe or Ryoma and since the first 2 are taken I'm fine with Ryoma ^^

But, if anything we could just do flip of the coin for conflicts...
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Do you really think everyone could be online at the same time?
If 4 characters at once is too much, do 2 characters.

Question, are we going to have 7 or 8 players per team?
Agreed most people won't be online at the same time. We could do 2. 4 I think is a bit much.

I think 8 players since we only have 8 teams...8*8 = 64 and we have 70ish players to choose from.

Spoiler of whose we's got!
Ryoga
Kazuya
Irie
Oni
Echizen
Yukimura
Sanada
Tezuka
Atobe
Kintarou
Fuji
Renji
Shiraishi
Tachibana
Chitose
Yagyuu
Kirihara
Kevin
Niou
Kite
Akutsu
Inui
Krauser
Gin
Rin
Bunta
Zaizen
Sengoku
Oshitari
Jiro
Kabaji
Kaidoh
Momoshiro
Hiyoshi
Kajimoto
Reiji
Jackal
Koharu
Hitouji
Kenya
Mizuki
Kiraku
Wakato
Kikumaru
Taka
Kamio
Shinji
Kai
Amane
Chinen
Tanishi
Ishida
Ootori
Shishido
Oishi
Richard
Gakuto
Saeki
Minami
Higashitaka
Akazawa
Ryou
Atsushi
Kaneda
Kurobane
Aoi
Kadowaki
Yuuta
Itsuki
Sakuno

If you want us to add anybody now's the time...or rather a little while ago...but even still it's not too late if we missed someone.
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
No, that not but if I say on Wednesday:"send me your first two characters from tomorow 8 pm on", I suppose it would be alright.

For now, everyone gets to pick 7 characters, I'm currently trying to implement custom characters as an 8, but I can't promise it yet.


Well I'd say certain characters will be reserved for certain older members....

Obviously,

Fayte > Sanada
Atobe > Atobe (though if Atobe isn't joining I'll gladly take Atobe)
Sherlock > Niou

etc...

Personally, for top tier I only want Sanada, Atobe or Ryoma and since the first 2 are taken I'm fine with Ryoma ^^

But, if anything we could just do flip of the coin for conflicts...
There won't be reservations (probably)
Also, Atobe quit and I don't know about Fayte.
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
When are you guys going to post the list?
Also, how different is it from the current list?
Since this league is pretty dead, you guys should probably create a new thread if only to discuss your league there. It feels like talking about a newborn in a graveyard.
Fairly nice, but could be looked upon with suspicion by non psychopaths.
Where was I going with this again?

Oh right, create a new thread, even if you can't post the characters there yet. This one is too crowded .
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
All right, I wanted to do it anyway, I'll copy Jyten's Spoiler but I fear you have to wait for the rest until we finished with everything (I think we can do it till Thursday or so)
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Jyten, you better post there. It's always good for the owners of the league to have the first two posts so they can edit them.
 

voicA

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Am I the only one who have troubled with the timezone here? Seems like when you posted, I was sleeping and vice versa
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top