Game - Fan League | Page 48 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Game Fan League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyten

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
He meant as in, if two effects are going to be activated, which effect activates first.

I think something like "whoever sends their lineup first" should be fair, but I don't know. Maybe we can come up with a rule.
<hr noshade size="1">

Didn't lose. It was a tie. Re-read the match.
Doesn't Tachibana's Aura activate before Crucify so you lose Singles 3 and therefore the match? Also, I always just worked it out to if its one of the I win Effects or the Swap points effects I just calculated them to happen last... conversely, I had the cancel effects always happen first...kind of makes them useless if they don't...

Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Doesn't Tachibana's Aura activate before Crucify so you lose Singles 3 and therefore the match? Also, I always just worked it out to if its one of the I win Effects or the Swap points effects I just calculated them to happen last... conversely, I had the cancel effects always happen first...kind of makes them useless if they don't...
It goes Feat-effect-aura, so crucify activates before his aura.

As for what activates first...We REALLY don't have a rule for that. Normally, we would just get a referee to make a ruling and settle it.

The problem is, both me and Fayte have the same authority on the league. I'm fairly sure neither of us is going to agree with the other, which is why we settled with a tie...For now.

Fayte, it's up to you. We can either settle the match with a tie, or have a rematch like that time with you vs Hinata.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
First of all, there is no "order" to when things activate at the moment. Things just activate. (We should specify what does what though) All "level increases" usually go first, being that is how things have been done thus far. For example, being Tachibana's aura increases his level, that would go before Krauser's effect. Though I was thinking for next season we would be able to use both effects and auras for 1 character, but I'm still thinking about it.

Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
First of all, there is no "order" to when things activate at the moment. Things just activate. (We should specify what does what though) All "level increases" usually go first, being that is how things have been done thus far. For example, being Tachibana's aura increases his level, that would go before Krauser's effect. Though I was thinking for next season we would be able to use both effects and auras for 1 character, but I'm still thinking about it.
That's the problem. We need an order for when each kind of effect activates. One easy solution would be "whoever sends in their lineup first has his effects activating first" but that would give me too much of an advantage.

I say we write down some rules about it to avoid any kind of future confusion, and then have a rematch to avoid confusion. Or settle with a tie if you want(+3 points for both of us in that case) but I'd rather have a rematch.

Your call.

Also, my idea for the rules would be to divide all effects in three levels of speed. Something like that.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I like the idea of Feat-Effect-Aura order.It's very logical for me: Feats are something natural and unstoppable, effects are done without many problems but getting and Aura and even using it in a match it's something we do'tn see everyday (remember, Sanadada and Yuki don't use Muga, Kirihara forgot it Nationals...).

I also love the idea that a player can do an effect AND an aura at the same time. That make the Aura characters too broken, but they deserve it. A bit bad luck for Shiraishi, Fuji, KIntaroh and Atobe; but making Fuji's The Technician and Shiraishi's The Bible [Feats] and improve a bit more Kin's Wild Boy (+10) and Atobe's Ice World (dropping 8 points) would level very good the things

About the order of the effects...really difficult. Three levels of speed seems pretty complicated.IMAO, first of all, as Fayte said, all the "level increases" should be first. And finally, the effects of "automatically wins".The rest..I don't know. "The first who sent his line-up" would be too bad for people like Ravsieg.
Another interesting issue to discuss before next season.

Jyten

Reaction score
Country
United States
It goes Feat-effect-aura, so crucify activates before his aura.

As for what activates first...We REALLY don't have a rule for that. Normally, we would just get a referee to make a ruling and settle it.

The problem is, both me and Fayte have the same authority on the league. I'm fairly sure neither of us is going to agree with the other, which is why we settled with a tie...For now.

Fayte, it's up to you. We can either settle the match with a tie, or have a rematch like that time with you vs Hinata.
Uh...I'm sorry Sherlock as much as I want you to win, you said yourself a while back that it was Feats-Auras-Effects. I mean its a little unfair for you to suddenly change your mind when you lose....

It goes Feats-Auras-Effects.
I agree with Fayte and Jav. I already said how I understood the system and I think its fair because it allows for each individual player to play their best with out getting auto failed to Krauser, Gin, ect...

Last edited:

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's the problem. We need an order for when each kind of effect activates. One easy solution would be "whoever sends in their lineup first has his effects activating first" but that would give me too much of an advantage.

I say we write down some rules about it to avoid any kind of future confusion, and then have a rematch to avoid confusion. Or settle with a tie if you want(+3 points for both of us in that case) but I'd rather have a rematch.

Your call.

Also, my idea for the rules would be to divide all effects in three levels of speed. Something like that.
There's really no point to a rematch if this match was not completed correctly. I'll try to make things more solid.

------------------

Feats first ---> Then stat increases ---> Then the negating Effects ---> Then all the other Effect's and Aura's ---> Then the "auto win" effects

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Actually, Sherlock sent me this alongside his line-up for S3:

If Fayte plays Tachibana or Kabaji here, I win. Kabaji for obvious reasons, but Tachibana because of the order effects activate.
Feats>Effect>Aura. Krauser's crucify would activate before the Wild Lion aura.
I also think it makes the most sense to set the order to Feats>Effects>Auras. The speed thing, Sherlock mentioned could be something like this:

-effects that don't have conditions and don't involve gaining levels

-simple level-up effects and those that make your opponent drop in points

-effects that have a requirement in order to be used ("opponent is within x points")

This would be the natural order, which can be used in all three departments, abilities that say something like "when your opponent gains x levels" would be somthing like triggered abilities, meaning they activate whenever their condition is met.

Jyten

Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually, Sherlock sent me this alongside his line-up for S3:

I also think it makes the most sense to set the order to Feats>Effects>Auras. The speed thing, Sherlock mentioned could be something like this:

-effects that don't have conditions and don't involve gaining levels

-simple level-up effects and those that make your opponent drop in points

-effects that have a requirement in order to be used ("opponent is within x points")

This would be the natural order, which can be used in all three departments, abilities that say something like "when your opponent gains x levels" would be somthing like triggered abilities, meaning they activate whenever their condition is met.
Well, just so I'm clear, I really don't mind what the order of operations here is I just want it to stay consistent. Sherlock posted that order of operations, and since I haven't seen any changes to that order until today. I want us to run with that.

Something he only sent to you, I don't the should be used in this ruling. In future rulings that's fine by me...but for this one I can't agree when he said it himself. It's simply not fair.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't care, I just wanted to clarify, why I used that order (to be honest, I can't really remember anything like that we had an order at all, shitty memory)

Jyten

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't care, I just wanted to clarify, why I used that order (to be honest, I can't really remember anything like that we had an order at all, shitty memory)
No problems, just click the quote link in my post on sherlock and you'll see his post. As being a Gentleman, that's my only cause for concern.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I saw it, like that D2 would still be a tie but Fayte would win S3 (and following that the overall match of course).

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I said Feats-AURAS-effects? My mistake then. My lineup was doomed from the start then. My only hope was for Krauser to hit Tachibana. Anyway, I'm honestly a little tired of keeping up with all those rules.

I quit the fanleague. This got too complicated and I don't have a lot of time these days. No rage quitting or anything here, I was planning to quit around the same time Atobe did.

Jyten

Reaction score
Country
United States
I said Feats-AURAS-effects? My mistake then. My lineup was doomed from the start then. My only hope was for Krauser to hit Tachibana. Anyway, I'm honestly a little tired of keeping up with all those rules.

I quit the fanleague. This got too complicated and I don't have a lot of time these days. No rage quitting or anything here, I was planning to quit around the same time Atobe did.
Well if it was an honest mistake no problems. Fayte's line up is beastly.

If Atobe quit and you quit then its a bit disappointing as we will not be able to finish out the league. I would have at least liked to finish this league and then debate in the next.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You will be able to finish it, no problem. Just get someone else to do the matches, and assume that anyone playing vs atobe or me got a win.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
If you want I'll do the matches. My holidays start in week, so there won't be a problem. It's sad that you and Atobe both quit tough. Is Fayte the only one who runs the league then?

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
pretty much. If you want to run the matches, talk to Fayte. The league is pretty much his now, since Atobe and I quit.

Atobe actually quit some time ago, lol. But I figured that if I didn't announce it I could convince him to come back.

...Then I got bored instead.

Jyten

Reaction score
Country
United States
pretty much. If you want to run the matches, talk to Fayte. The league is pretty much his now, since Atobe and I quit.

Atobe actually quit some time ago, lol. But I figured that if I didn't announce it I could convince him to come back.

...Then I got bored instead.
Atobe 1, Sherlock 0 :p Well, if Fayte wants to keep it going then I have no problems sticking around. If we lose you, Fayte and Atobe, I'll probably quit. We simply won't have enough players to make things interesting.

On another note, I don't think the league is that complicated yet. I used to be a "psuedo tournament" magic player. So, in comparison to all the weirdness that happens in magic this is nothing. If we just use a "stack", "differing speeds" or something it shouldn't be that bad.

Never made it to a tournament, girls always won out QQ. However, I did play and consistently beat my friends who did go the tournaments

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'd just like to note that Atobe hasn't technically quit the league yet, I'm just assuming he will.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ja i never mentioned it huh?

It got boring, too complicated....not actually complicated like ZOMG hard but as in....so many things got added that it wasn't fun anymore..

Think of..taking a simple video game and trying to hard to make it complex..sort of like that so to speak..

College got hectic had lots of papers and shit...but yeah I did quit.

I guess this is a formal announcement lol

I guess all my Chars are up for grabs?

Oh and keep it Civil...Nazi mod is still watching...j/k...well sort of.

Status
Not open for further replies.