Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

Snowolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
200
Reaction score
30
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 194 Discussion/195 Predictions Thread

Maybe there are only two ways to enter the shop:

1.) if you have real desire/wish.

2.) An invitation from the owner himself. Za may be right that she doesn't have a wish, but perhaps she does...I can't really tell. She may not want to cause harm to Watanuki, but she may have a selfish desire that he wouldn't liked to have granted...but I think despite the wish asked, if it's in your power you must grant it, right? But retribution will come either way...at least, that's what the beginning chapters of xxxHolic were about. :D
 

feisu-chan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
250
Reaction score
110
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: xxxHOLIC 194 Discussion/195 Predictions Thread

OMG! that's the spider-girl? I didn't even recognize her if i didn't read your comments on this thread! it has been a long time since i read about her... oh well, that's great then! we'd be getting more action! and i hope next chapter, there'd be doumeki! and mokona! too bad they're not here in chapter 194!
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: xxxHOLIC 194 Discussion/195 Predictions Thread

Maybe there are only two ways to enter the shop:
1.) if you have real desire/wish.
2.) An invitation from the owner himself. Za may be right that she doesn't have a wish, but perhaps she does...I can't really tell. She may not want to cause harm to Watanuki, but she may have a selfish desire that he wouldn't liked to have granted...but I think despite the wish asked, if it's in your power you must grant it, right? But retribution will come either way...at least, that's what the beginning chapters of xxxHolic were about. :D
Yup, I guess your right on no. 2 also :)
but I don't want to think that Watanuki would easily fall to Spider lady's trap or something...
Can't wait what will happen next :amuse
 

Watanuki I luv u !

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
India
Re: xxxHOLIC 194 Discussion/195 Predictions Thread

:facepalm I was thinking the same thing by the way does anybody know when will the Ch 195 come?:)
 

Vande

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
89
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Don't suppose anyone knows if there was a chapter due this week?
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Fist chapter should come around 4th January, so unfortunately no.
 

kurofaikitty

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
76
Reaction score
16
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 194 Discussion/195 Predictions Thread

haven't been comenting lately cuz th achpaters were boring . . . but . . . SPIDEER!!! NOOO!!! DOUMEKI! HELPS!
 

Vande

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
89
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
xxxHOLIC 195 Discussion/196 Predictions Thread

195 is now up on OM, you can find it here
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 195 Discussion/196 Predictions Thread

Wow........ just wow.

Watanuki looked so quietly defiant and sarcastic concerning the spider woman! He wasn't scared, he wasn't angry, just sarcastic and confident! I got a chill and squealed, hehe, it's really cool! He really is becoming a lot like Yuuko-san, and yet it's also his own brand of maturity as well.

It was so weird seeing him that way... and yet so awesome! He won't be pushed around at all. The foxfire comments were to let the guest know that he's in charge here. Such backbone!

Their little conversation started off incongruous, each with words unrelated to what the other said. But then with the wine, they came together. Then.... really together. :fan

(Weaving out and in like a... spider's web. Man CLAMP, you're masters of storytelling!)

I think that's why she keeps saying he's "gotten cute". He's gotten confident and assertive. And on some level, that's attractive. :nod

Yaaaaaaaaay pipe-fox! I was wondering where the little cutie's been! About time he returned! *squeeee!* Man, I want one! All the cute windiness of a snake, all the snuggly fuzziness of a fox, all the affection of a pet! I'd just be worried that it tickling on my neck might make me squish it cuz I shrug when I'm being tickled. :sweat

Things are moving toward high interest in this chapter! Now I REALLY can't wait for more! :XD
 

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: xxxHOLIC 195 Discussion/196 Predictions Thread

Oh wow!!! :jawdrop

Watanuki looked so quietly defiant and sarcastic concerning the spider woman! He wasn't scared, he wasn't angry, just sarcastic and confident! I got a chill and squealed, hehe, it's really cool! He really is becoming a lot like Yuuko-san, and yet it's also his own brand of maturity as well.

It was so weird seeing him that way... and yet so awesome! He won't be pushed around at all. The foxfire comments were to let the guest know that he's in charge here. Such backbone!

I think that's why she keeps saying he's "gotten cute". He's gotten confident and assertive. And on some level, that's attractive. :nod

Yaaaaaaaaay pipe-fox! I was wondering where the little cutie's been! About time he returned! *squeeee!* Man, I want one! All the cute windiness of a snake, all the snuggly fuzziness of a fox, all the affection of a pet! I'd just be worried that it tickling on my neck might make me squish it cuz I shrug when I'm being tickled. :sweat

Things are moving toward high interest in this chapter! Now I REALLY can't wait for more! :XD
I'm a bit confused. I read an early translation in which the Jorougumo said that Watanuki wasn't cute anymore. :confused:

And the kitsune is so cute. Aww... I wanted to see it again and I want one too!!! It's like having a guard, a pet, and a plush toy that you can carry in a pipe. :hbunny

Definitely interesting!!! :mokona
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: xxxHOLIC 195 Discussion/196 Predictions Thread

If there is anything cute in this chapter (*talking to the spider lady*), its the pipe fox :amuse

Watanuki being that confident over his customer... he must be prepared or had something in mind for Spider's lady request... (can't wait for the next chapter :amuse)
 

C5555

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 18, 2009
Messages
47
Reaction score
4
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 195 Discussion/196 Predictions Thread

I do have to agree, Spider lady. Yaay, Mugetsu's back! Let's both shower Watanuki with an inifinite number of hearts. <3333

I wonder how he's going to look for this pearl...
 

feisu-chan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
250
Reaction score
110
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: xxxHOLIC 195 Discussion/196 Predictions Thread

i LOOOOOVE the interaction between the spider lady and Watanuki! Wata really has gotten cute! and that panel was really hot!

i can't wait for the next chapter... pipe fox is so FLUFFY! can we buy a toy of him somewhere? i want to try it around my neck too!
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 195 Discussion/196 Predictions Thread

I'm a bit confused. I read an early translation in which the Jorougumo said that Watanuki wasn't cute anymore. :confused:
Ahhh, well that's possible... I'd hafta glance at the original Japanese to know if one of them got it wrong (I has no time, sowwy). Maybe someone confused a "na(i)" with a "ne" or something.

If she thinks he's cute, it's gotta be the assertiveness. But if she thinks he's not cute anymore, then she probably had more of a thing for the shy uncertain type of moe.

Either way, our little Watanuki's grown up...:darn
 

Apotheosis

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 2, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 195 Discussion/196 Predictions Thread

After I read this chapter, I looked back at the comment the rabbit made last chapter, the second panel down on the left hand side.

Do you think it would hint of a future relationship between Watanuki and the spider lady? (I have to admit it would be an odd couple)

It might have just been playful talk, though before 275 came out, I thought this was a subtle clue that the spider lady may have played some romantic role... and in some ways, she did.
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Hmm, any news on the next chapter release? The blurb for the next issue was edited out of the Edited Manga, and I can't find a raw currently without joining other forums.

*is so eager for moooore!* :nod
 

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru

frostmourne4

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
32
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
CLAMP Timeline

I have put together what I believe to be the closest thing to a working timeline(s) that Tsubasa/Holic is capable of. I also included CCS stuff since it's linked. It contains some guess work on when some of this took place and includes stuff that must have happened to make sense without being explicitly mentioned. Watch out for spoilers.

Timeline 1
-Clow Reed is born
-Clow Reed creates the cards, Yue, and Kero
-Clow Reed meets Yuko
-Clow Reed and Yuko meet Mokona of Cephiro
-Clow Reed and Yuko create the two Mokona Modoki Soel and Larg
-Yuko nearly dies, Clow Reed wishes for her not to die, Fei Wong Reed is created
-Clow Reed creates Kinomoto Sakura's staff
-Clow Reed dies
-Sakura-hime and C!Syaoran are reincarnated
-Sakura-hime and C!Syaoran are married
-Seishiro meets Kamui and Subaru
-Li Tsubasa and Tsubasa-hime are born
-Li Tsubasa travels to Clow Kingdom
-Clow Reed is reincarnated as Kinomoto Fujitaka and Hiragizawa Eriol
-Amamiya Nadeshiko is born
-Hiragizawa Eriol halts his aging process
-Kinomoto Fujitaka and Amamiya Nadeshiko are married
-Tsubasa-hime is cursed
-Kinomoto Toya is born
-Kinomoto Sakura is born
-Li Syaoran is born
-Kinomoto Nadeshiko dies
-The events of CCS
-Li Tsubasa fails to break the curse on Tsubasa-hime and wishes to go back in time to save her, Kinomoto Sakura gives Sakura-hime the Star Wand to use as payment
-Timeline 2 is created, Timeline 1 is destroyed

Timeline 2
-Clow Reed is born
-Clow Reed creates the cards, Yue, and Kero
-Clow Reed meets Yuko
-Clow Reed and Yuko meet Mokona of Cephiro
-Clow Reed and Yuko create the two Mokona Modoki Soel and Larg
-Yuko nearly dies, Clow Reed wishes for her not to die, Fei Wong Reed is created
-Clow Reed creates Kinomoto Sakura's staff
-Clow Reed fakes his death and travels to Clow Kingdom to replace King Fujitaka
-Sakura-hime and C!Syaoran are reincarnated
-Youou is born
-Youou's family is killed, Youou is taken in by Princess Tomoyo, Youou changes his name to Kurogane after coming of age
-Sakura-hime and C!Syaoran are married
-Seishiro meets Kamui and Subaru
-Watanuki Kimihiro is born
-Sakura-hime and C!Syaoran are created, Li Tsubasa and Tsubasa-hime are imprisoned in a cut-off time of Clow Kingdom
-C!Syaoran is taken in by Archaeologist Fujitaka
-Adult Sakura-hime and C!Syaoran fake their deaths and are sealed in a pocket dimension
-C!Syaoran meets Seishiro and learns fighting skills
-Queen Nadeshiko dies
-Archaeolgist Fujitaka dies
-Clow Reed dies
-Clow Reed is reincarnated as Kinomoto Fujitaka and Hiragizawa Eriol
-Amamiya Nadeshiko is born
-Hiragizawa Eriol halts his aging process
-Kinomoto Fujitaka and Amamiya Nadeshiko are married
-Kinomoto Toya is born
-Kinomoto Sakura is born
-Li Syaoran is born
-Kinomoto Nadeshiko dies
-The events of CCS
-Watanuki Kimihiro begins working for Yuko
-Sakura-hime's soul is scattered in the form of feathers
-Fay and Yuui are born
-Fay and Yuui are imprisoned
-Fay is killed, Yuui is freed, Yuui begins using Fay's name, Yuui is cursed, Yuui is taken in by King Ashura, Yuui is given his sealing tattoo
-Sakura-hime, C!Syaoran, Kurogane, Yuui, and Soel begin traveling together
-C!Syaoran and Kurogane gain the swords Hien and Sohi, C!Syaoran begins learning swordsmanship
-Watanuki Kimihiro and Doumeki Shizuka begin sharing an eye
-Watanuki Kimihiro falls out of a window and is rescued by Doumeki Shizuka, Himawari Kunogi, and Yuko
-Events of TRC's Tokyo arc (also takes place earlier in the timeline)
-Himawari Kunogi is given a small bird named Tanpopo, Doumeki Shizuka is given an egg from Tokyo
-Sakura-hime is 'killed' when Yuui's curse activates, her body and soul are taken to seperate worlds
-King Ashura is killed, Sakura-hime's body is recovered, Kurogane loses an arm and Sohi, Celes is destroyed
-Kurogane gets a new arm and is given his father's sword Ginryu
-Sakura-hime's soul is destroyed, C!Syaoran's soul is activated
-Li Tsubasa, Kurogane, Yuui, and Soel travel to to the cut-off time in Clow Kingdom
-C!Syaoran is killed, C!Syaoran and Sakura-hime are reincarnated (also takes place earlier in the timeline), C!Syaoran and Sakura-hime are released from the pocket dimension, Fei Wong Reed is killed, Yuko dies, Watanuki Kimihiro takes over Yuko's shop, C!Syaoran and Sakura-hime merge with Li Tsubasa and Tsubasa-hime resulting in Syaoran/Tsubasa and Sakura/Tsubasa
-Timeline 3 is created, Timeline 2 is destroyed

Timeline 3
-Clow Reed is born
-Clow Reed creates the cards, Yue, and Kero
-Clow Reed meets Yuko
-Clow Reed and Yuko meet Mokona of Cephiro
-Clow Reed and Yuko create the two Mokona Modoki Soel and Larg
-Yuko dies
-Clow Reed creates Kinomoto Sakura's staff
-Clow Reed dies
-Youou is born
-Youou's family is killed, Youou is taken in by Princess Tomoyo, Youou changes his name to Kurogane after coming of age
-Seishiro meets Kamui and Subaru
-Syaoran/Tsubasa and Watanuki Kimihiro begin existing, Sakura/Tsubasa is born
-Syaoran/Tsubasa travels to Clow Kingdom
-Syaoran/Tsubasa meets Seishiro and learns fighting skills
-Clow Reed is reincarnated as Kinomoto Fujitaka and Hiragizawa Eriol
-Amamiya Nadeshiko is born
-Hiragizawa Eriol halts his aging process
-Kinomoto Fujitaka and Amamiya Nadeshiko are married
-Kinomoto Toya is born
-Kinomoto Sakura is born
-Li Syaoran is born
-Kinomoto Nadeshiko dies
-The events of CCS
-Watanuki Kimihiro takes over an unowned shop
-Sakura/Tsubasa's soul is scattered in the form of feathers
-Fay and Yuui are born, Yuui is born with a curse
-Fay and Yuui are imprisoned
-Fay dies, Yuui is freed, Yuui begins using Fay's name, Yuui is taken in by King Ashura, Yuui is given his sealing tattoo
-Sakura/Tsubasa, Syaoran/Tsubasa, Kurogane, Yuui, and Soel begin traveling together
-Syaoran/Tsubasa and Kurogane gain the swords Hien and Sohi, Syaoran/Tsubasa begins learning swordsmanship
-Watanuki Kimihiro and Doumeki Shizuka begin sharing an eye
-Watanuki Kimihiro falls out of a window and is rescued by Doumeki Shizuka and Himawari Kunogi
-Sakura/Tsubasa leaves a feather in the reservoir in Tokyo, (also takes place earlier in the timeline)
-Himawari Kunogi is given a small bird named Tanpopo, Doumeki Shizuka is given an egg from Tokyo
-Sakura/Tsubasa is 'killed' when Yuui's curse activates, her body and soul are taken to seperate worlds
-King Ashura is killed, Sakura/Tsubasa's body is recovered, Kurogane loses an arm and Sohi, Celes is destroyed
-Kurogane gets a new arm and is given his father's sword Ginryu
-Sakura/Tsubasa's soul is retrieved
-Sakura/Tsubasa's final feather is retrieved in Clow Kingdom
-Syaoran/Tsubasa and Watanuki Kimihiro begin paying their prices to continue existing
If there are any problems, tell me and I will try to fix it.
 

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 195 Discussion/196 Predictions Thread

I think there are toys of it.

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs17/300W/f/2007/195/8/5/xxxHOLiC__Pipe_fox_by_rallamajoop.jpg

But I have no idea of where those toys can be found. :scry
Well, as you can see in the URL, that was posted on Deviantart by the user Rallamajoop. She created that herself, so I don't know of any commercial/official ones.

But, she does have a tutorial on how to make one yourself, and sells the plushies at certain conventions she goes to, and might take a commission online to do another for you (Though please read her blurbs and see if she still accepts them before bothering her, I'd say make one yourself if possible since the tutorial's available for free).

Here's her main Dev-art page:

http://rallamajoop.deviantart.com/

*squee's at the army of pipe-foxes! X3333333 Cute overload!*
 
Top