The HipHop Thread

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

You missed Politics and Masochist by Tonedeff :@ That's not okay! They should've been on top of your fragment-list.

@Jin... that was beautiful


Btw Sema, just heard "Rising Down" and damn I love Rising Down feat. Mos Def and Criminal with Saigon & Truck North


Oh, and check out the Danger Mouse remix of "Sofa King" by DangerDoom from his -06 single "Old School" and his album DangerDoom (Especially track nr 5, 9 and 14)

It's insane and chill. love it, better than the original
 
Last edited:

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

i didnt miss them i purposely left them out :nod
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

It's good to see Crooked I hooking up with Snoop! :thumbs

Crooked I just released a new EP, check out this tune out which features Snoop its great! :thumbs



edit: it turns out that the EP is actually old....my bad..:sweat
 
Last edited:

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

Crooked I also collab'd with Akon..... twice.....in his album "Block Obama II :sweat
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

I forgot to mention quite a while back... I came across this super dope tune that I love so much!! Some of you may have heard it before...

Hip Hop -Pace Won & Mr. Green :cool: :thumbs

That Pace Won dude had a feud with Eminem back in the day lol
 

Sema

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
172
Reaction score
36
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

You missed Politics and Masochist by Tonedeff :@ That's not okay! They should've been on top of your fragment-list.

@Jin... that was beautiful
<hr noshade size="1">
Btw Sema, just heard "Rising Down" and damn I love Rising Down feat. Mos Def and Criminal with Saigon & Truck North
<hr noshade size="1">
Oh, and check out the Danger Mouse remix of "Sofa King" by DangerDoom from his -06 single "Old School" and his album DangerDoom (Especially track nr 5, 9 and 14)

It's insane and chill. love it, better than the original
I like The Roots a lot. Combination of a band and a highly skilled emcee is a great thing imo. Dangerdoom i.e Danger Mouse and DOOM(formerly known as MF DOOM) is my ish too. If you like the emcee Dangerdoom check out the Madvilliany album. Its fire.

edit: check out these two turntablism tracks. what do you think of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcGhr7xe_Fs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrkAy_QvsAU
 
Last edited:

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

Heelo hy tharrr.

Wanna drop some new shit for you. It's more RnB than Rap tho, but anyway.. like a chartbreaker in the Russian hitlists atm, however I didn't know about it until this Saturday when I saw that girl performing on stage in a club over here :D

I didn't really listen to the songs though *drunk*. Just realized it's a good song when I was searching for the eventpics on the clubs site (lololol) and I actually found that song's good :amuse

23:45 & 5ivesta Family - Я Буду

check it out;p
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Damn, I just heard Drop the World and OMG it's crazy! I fell in love after the first 30 seconds, and that's RARE for me. I usually have to listen to songs 2 or 3 times to gain the flow, and that goes for the really good ones aswell. :o

Guys help me out here. I haven't heard any new good stuff since hmm. November? Some refreshment in my library would be neat. Give me a few songs if you can, "new" ones :cool:
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Damn, I just heard Drop the World and OMG it's crazy! I fell in love after the first 30 seconds, and that's RARE for me. I usually have to listen to songs 2 or 3 times to gain the flow, and that goes for the really good ones aswell. :o

Guys help me out here. I haven't heard any new good stuff since hmm. November? Some refreshment in my library would be neat. Give me a few songs if you can, "new" ones :cool:
There's "Forever" by Drake, Eminem, Lil wayne and Kanye West. Preety good...
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Eminem also released Relapse: Refill. It has 8 or 7 bonustrack (including Forever). He did that because he felt bad for us that it takes so long for Relapse 2 to be released.

It has some good tracks like Music Box and Elevator, you should check that out.
For the rest I don't actually know of any new Hip Hop tracks (that are any good).
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
I think Relapse is better then Relapse: Refill. If only Dre didn't produce the Relapse albums, Eminem should have done it himself. Eminem's produced Marshall Mathers, The Eminem Show and Encore, which were HUGE albums, Marshall and Eminem Show selling 19 million each. Relapse has only sold 2 mil so far. >.< Clearly Eminem's a better producer then Dre, though I'm not takin' anything away from Dre lol
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
How is Relapse any better then Relapse: Refill? It's the same album only with 7 bonustracks.

Eminem's not a better producre then Dr. Dre. It's just that the Marshal Mathers LP and the Eminem Show were great albums. Encore was a mainstream hit which is way too overrated, don't get me wrong, personally I love the album, but it's too overrated. Much thanks to the mainstream sound which is on it and because it was his official return to the music business.

Relapse has less good promotion. I mean, We Made You did a good job on promoting. 3AM didn't, mainly because of the "grotesque" video clip that only gets aired after a certain time and Beautiful's underrated.

Most people (I'm not talking about fans here) dislike or just don't care about Relapse(: Refill) because it's not the Eminem they're used too. Yes, he still kills people in his tracks and he talks shit, but it's too different from his good albums.

It won a lot of prizes and all, it's been on number 1 in a lot of charts, but it just doesn't compete with his previous albums, it has nothing to do with the producing of the tracks in my opinion.

The beats and all the other producing jobs are done good to great. If you want to blame someone, it's Eminem who's at fault.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
I agree with Xadyu here. There's just something with the old Eminem albums. It's a "feeling" you have when listening to them. And that feeling is simply gone in Relapse, to be honest I think the same goes for Encore despite it's huge success. The old Eminem feeling simply isn't there, though Relapse certainly has some good tracks, and I've been listening to Beautiful ever since it came out, I still like it. Eminem "in his prime" had something going for him, he had vision and spirit, and even if the spirit and vision is still there to some extent, he doesn't manage to sell it to his fans like he used to.

Btw thanks guys, I had heard Forever, but I didn't know about Relapse: Refill. There you see how easy it is to miss something. Music Box was a nice track.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Good suggestions by X! :thumbs Music Box & Elevator are great tracks. Buffalo Bill & Taking My Ball are really good as well!

Music Box is probably my favourite though :cool: Yo 3cmm, you might like some of Bishop Lamont's music. Hallelujah Feat. Xzibit is a good track.

Bishop Lamont did a mixtape with Blackmilk called Caltroit and this is my favourite track! You should check out Blackmilk's stuff as well! Really dope producer/Mc :thumbs

:nuts Oh and check this out....Alchemist - Acts of Violence & Evidence - The Far Left :cool:
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Lil' Waynes album Rebirth is out on spotify now.

Listened through it.

What the fuck

My ears bleed

He can take his autotuned trash punk wanna be music and shove it up his ass...

Tho, there are one or two good tracks there..
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
Rebirth was not supposed to be a Rap album. At least that's what they said. However it's awful, no matter what genre should be.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Rebirth is a Rap/Electronic/Rock album. And yes, it's awful, just like all his other LPs.

But again, yes it has one or two good tracks on it. :p
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Well Drop the World is damn awesome, but the rest on Rebirth didn't really get to me, not at all.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
I found after Drop the World, Prom Queen is the next best track on the album. All in all it's just mediocre tho.
 
Last edited:
Top