All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I'm sorry but I will no partecipate anymore (personal resentment).
Gool luck to everyone ;)
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

We will resubmit^^ I'll let you know when we finish^^
Okay then. I deleted your previous submission. I look forward to seeing what changes you make. :hbunny

Passion? xD
No. Guess again. :p:lovebunny

I'm sorry but I will no partecipate anymore (personal resentment).
Gool luck to everyone ;)
What?!? :o I'm sorry to hear this, as I will miss your usual presence. I hope that you reconsider. :worrybunny
 

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I'm sorry... but now I'm very disappointed.
This have nothing to do with Tsukisama or anyone of you ;)
I will continue to see your beautiful creations ^^
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:whoo We've resubmitted our work! Arigato Tsukisama for giving us an extension :tem

Ahh damn it! I thought Andrews guessed correctly! :D Passion would've been a good theme. :D Has it been used before? :blink

:s That's bad news Sasori!!! I hope you change your mind sooner than expected :thumbs
 

Andrews

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
76
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I need the ecchi signs, Sasori! xD
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:whoo We've resubmitted our work! Arigato Tsukisama for giving us an extension :tem

Ahh damn it! I thought Andrews guessed correctly! :D Passion would've been a good theme. :D Has it been used before? :blink
You're welcome, and passion hasn't been done before. I will probably use it at some point (probably next Valentine's Day), but I really like the one I have picked for this one and I hope you guys will really like it too. :tem


By the way, Buggy & Farfalla, don't forget to submit your entry into the MH Photoplog before the end of the contest. All submissions should be submitted there.
 
Last edited:

WhatWhatinthebutt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I would ask someone to collab with me but seeing as the deadline is here...
Anyways I like both entries!:D
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

The cooperation contest is finally over, and with only two submissions, you can be sure that we won't be continuing this experiment in team submissions again for a very, very long time. :sweatbunny Even though there are only two, be sure to place a vote for your favorite!

The new contest is up and running! The mysterious theme that no one could guess correctly is...heart! This doesn't have to be about love, just about hearts. So, if you, for example, wanted to do something gory with a picture of beating heart, you very well could. :tem (Of course, you could also do something with love, emotions, or even just the heart ♥ shape.) Have fun playing with hearts! ;)
 
Last edited:

Andrews

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
76
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Tsukisama, but in this case "two submissions" is four users participating.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

submitted my sig for the "Heart" theme :) a really unexpected theme... well hope it's like-able ^_^
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Well I made one for the Cooperation contest, but due to life slapping me around a little, didnt get it submitted~ Anyone care to see it anyways?
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

The cooperation contest is finally over, and with only two submissions, you can be sure that we won't be continuing this experiment in team submissions again for a very, very long time. :sweatbunny Even though there are only two, be sure to place a vote for your favorite!
LOL! I thought it was great fun tbh. Maybe, it was to do with the theme choice? but meh nevermind! :eek Tsukisama! 24 members have voted so far!!! :whoo

Tsukisama said:
Have fun playing with hearts! ;)
:facepalm I can't believe no one got it! xD The submissions so far are looking great! :tem
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Tsukisama, but in this case "two submissions" is four users participating.
Well, yes, it was four users, but two submissions is still sort of a poor showing, especially since I usually like to have a minimum of five submissions for each (individual) contest.

Well I made one for the Cooperation contest, but due to life slapping me around a little, didnt get it submitted~ Anyone care to see it anyways?
No, you should save it. As I mentioned before, there will be a contest where users can submit signatures based on previously used themes. You could use your entry then. ;)

LOL! I thought it was great fun tbh. Maybe, it was to do with the theme choice? but meh nevermind! :eek Tsukisama! 24 members have voted so far!!! :whoo



:facepalm I can't believe no one got it! xD The submissions so far are looking great! :tem
I think the hardest part was the cooperation aspect. Between users preferring to work alone and the coordination nightmare of getting together the users who did want to team up, this was just a big headache. :sweatdrop I am not ruling this out forever, but you won't see another team contest for a long while. :amuse

I totally agree with you on the theme. I thought "heart" would be an obvious Valentine's Day theme too. :XD Anyway, I like the submissions also thus far. Keep them coming. If any of the contestants want to share their thoughts behind the submissions (inspirations, how you made it, etc.) or even how you spent Valentine's Day, I would love to find out. :hbunny
 

TeAm#7FoReVer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
327
Reaction score
336
Age
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I post my submission already but I forgot to add one credit:

Here it is: http://thebigbadfish.deviantart.com/art/Midnight-c4d-wallpaper-98776504

About Valentine´s Day, I never do anything special, really. The signature was difficult to do it because it was my second try (I finished it approx. at 2 am) and I was looking for a new style, something different from my other signatures. They were too simple but thanks to a tutorial I found I was able to achieve it.

The hardest part of this signature was to chose a render and the color: it was between pink and red. Well, but at the end I liked the result and I hope you like it too. Good luck for this contest everybody!
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

[Accidently posted this is submissions when I clicked the wrong tab in my browser.. Sorry!!!!]

well I have some questions about the credits for these contests..

Ok, So if I had downloaded a huge pack of lets say C4D's a long time ago, and use some of those in the work. How do I go about crediting that?
Then I was curious, if you get renders/stock from a place that only members of that said place can view, do I still post a direct link to that render/stock, or just link the home page?

Thank you for your help~
 

D. Hawk

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
380
Reaction score
50
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Good theme, i can join to that week.

Btw, nice sign. team#7. I realy like to see that.
 

Yabe

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
595
Reaction score
836
Gender
Hidden
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

[Accidently posted this is submissions when I clicked the wrong tab in my browser.. Sorry!!!!]

well I have some questions about the credits for these contests..

Ok, So if I had downloaded a huge pack of lets say C4D's a long time ago, and use some of those in the work. How do I go about crediting that?
Then I was curious, if you get renders/stock from a place that only members of that said place can view, do I still post a direct link to that render/stock, or just link the home page?

Thank you for your help~
I remember seeing some case about websites that require the membership to see their content before, so I'm pretty sure that posting a link to the home page would be sufficient in this case. I am not quite sure about the downloaded source, but if nothing can be done about obtaining the direct link, then merely mention that you take something originally created by C4D (or others) sounds like the most reasonable way to give them credits.

But don't worry though, if Tsuki comes and let you know that different links/credits are required, I'll take full responsibility for this and add the additional credits to your submission. :darn
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Ok, thank you for the reply at least, it feels like Im getting ignored a lot XD~
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top