The Scott Pilgrim Thread Again™

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: Hermie: Who reads these things anyways?

Will Smith is just one of the many producers of the movie. And Jackie Chan's career isn't what it used to be anyway, he can be bothered to make movies like this. He doesn't care. He just does what he likes.
It still saddens me though. Jackie Chan is awesome, I don't like him getting heavy critics xD
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: Hermie: Who reads these things anyways?

It still saddens me though. Jackie Chan is awesome, I don't like him getting heavy critics xD
I agree. He is a great entertainer. Some of his movies are highly entertaining. And what he does is just amazing.

Where are my etiquettes, Hello Hermie! I hope life is treating you gently. Is there anything in life that happened to you, and you crave it to happen again?
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hermie: Who reads these things anyways?

Do you still read these things? :blink
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: Hermie: Who reads these things anyways?

Me? No way! That would be silly.
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: Hermie: Who reads these things anyways?

But being silly is your speciality sir. It's actually a national hobby. T_T

[goods]:rofl[/goods]

Moderator Notice:
Heeeey!~ 3cmm
 
Last edited by a moderator:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Hermie: Who reads these things anyways?

Hermie... your avatar... me likey Scott Pilgrim :nuts

 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Hermie: Who reads these things anyways?

Are you going to see the Scott Pilgrim movie?
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: Hermie: Who reads these things anyways?

Hermie... your avatar... me likey Scott Pilgrim :nuts
Who doesn't?! ^_^

Are you going to see the Scott Pilgrim movie?
I am going to see the HELL out of that movie. :oh Not only is it based on a great comic, it's being done by one of my favourite directors.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Hermie: Who reads these things anyways?

Ohhh the movie!!!!!!

Kait, I know you asked Hermie but can I join in? See, ever since 2009 hit the calendar I've been waiting for the release of the movie. Because of the press release that it would be available by 2009, but then that never happened, so now I really don't know when it's gonna be.. :(

is there news of a 2010 release date? :wtf
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Hermie: Who reads these things anyways?

Who doesn't?! ^_^


I am going to see the HELL out of that movie. :oh Not only is it based on a great comic, it's being done by one of my favourite directors.
Adaptions always make me nervous buuuut: Michael Cera and Edgar Winter? Yes! That guarantees the comics sense of humor will be preserved.

Ohhh the movie!!!!!!

Kait, I know you asked Hermie but can I join in? See, ever since 2009 hit the calendar I've been waiting for the release of the movie. Because of the press release that it would be available by 2009, but then that never happened, so now I really don't know when it's gonna be.. :(

is there news of a 2010 release date? :wtf
Of course :D

I just started reading the books so I didn't find out about the movie til about a month ago. Stateside debut is this August, Here's some international dates.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Hermie: Who reads these things anyways?

Ever since I heard about the movie and Michael cera in the same sentence, I had no doubts.
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: Hermie: Who reads these things anyways?

Ohhh the movie!!!!!!

Kait, I know you asked Hermie but can I join in? See, ever since 2009 hit the calendar I've been waiting for the release of the movie. Because of the press release that it would be available by 2009, but then that never happened, so now I really don't know when it's gonna be.. :(

is there news of a 2010 release date? :wtf
Don't think they ever said anything about 2009, since they shot it late in the year. Like Kaiten said, it's slated for August in the U.S. Hopefully international will follow soon after.

Edgar Winter?
Who's that? :oh
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Hermie: Who reads these things anyways?

>.>

<.<

Edgar Winter is an old blues guitarist. Edgar Wright is the director. Since I'm a crack head I got mixed up. Edgar Winter was really cool too. Albino guitar hero's are always fun.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Hermie: Who reads these things anyways?

I am going to see the HELL out of that movie. :oh Not only is it based on a great comic, it's being done by one of my favourite directors.
Oooo, what's your favorite Edgar Wright-directed movie, Herm?
And who are some of your other favorite directors?
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: Hermie: Who reads these things anyways?

Oooo, what's your favorite Edgar Wright-directed movie, Herm?
And who are some of your other favorite directors?
Well, he has a pretty limited filmography for now, but I loveeee both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, as well as their TV series Spaced. ^^

Other directors? Hm.... Darren Aronofsky and the Coen brothers are pretty much on the top of my list. Then of course there are the classics, which they are for a reason: Hitchcock, Scorsese, Kubrick, Spielberg, Coppola, Altman, Welles, Leone and probably more that don't come to mind right away.
Of course, I can't avoid mentioning the geekier choices too. Sam Raimi, Peter Jackson (except late stuff), George Lucas (pre-90s. He even did good movies BEFORE SW), John Landis, Robert Zemeckis (pre CGI-craze), and Tarantino. (Even though he is slightly over-hyped, dang that dude knows how to shoot a film)


Fucking bump: http://www.edgarwrighthere.com/2010/03/scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-official-teaser-poster/

New wallpaper? New wallpaper.


Also, since this is my thread, I'll pimp this here too.
 
Last edited:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

*wants to play SC2!!* So how's the game Hermie? I've been dying to try it out. Can't wait for it's release! (You have the Beta right?)
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

*wants to play SC2!!* So how's the game Hermie? I've been dying to try it out. Can't wait for it's release! (You have the Beta right?)
It's pretty great so far. ^^

It's... Starcraft. Pure and simple. :p New units, new graphics, a couple of new mechanics, but it feels exactly the same as the old game [good thing]. I haven't messed around too much, cause I wanna keep writing my impressions as I go along, but I really like what I have played.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

I actually wanna play this game. I'm not so much of a gamer myself. For a time I did play a little warcraft and DoTA, but I could never spend my money playing online and staying up all night playing them.

But I wanna try starcraft.

question: is it totally okay for a noob like me to start from scratch on this one? I have weak macro and micro sense (or they haven't been developed) and I might just be crushed by geeks who've obviously been waiting for SC2 like it three-year-olds waiting for their goddamned birthday. I mean, for me to be competitive enough, how much do I have to invest? Time and effort-wise?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

Just read your beta diary. Awesome read! Sounds like a lot of fun. I want to play too =D I agree though, Diablo III is definitely my number 1 most anticipated game ever! Diablo 2 is the best game I've ever played. I played it for YEARS! xD And I laughed when you defeated your 2nd opponent by using your 1st opponent's strategy, Awesome! "It didn’t strike me until later that I had given this guy the same feeling I had from my previous match." <-- Hilarious!

Keep us posted when you update your diary!
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

I actually wanna play this game. I'm not so much of a gamer myself. For a time I did play a little warcraft and DoTA, but I could never spend my money playing online and staying up all night playing them.

But I wanna try starcraft.

question: is it totally okay for a noob like me to start from scratch on this one? I have weak macro and micro sense (or they haven't been developed) and I might just be crushed by geeks who've obviously been waiting for SC2 like it three-year-olds waiting for their goddamned birthday. I mean, for me to be competitive enough, how much do I have to invest? Time and effort-wise?
If you jump straight in to the multiplayer, then you will probably get destroyed. <.< Like I said, it's basically the same as number one, so you can just get a copy of that, probably pretty cheap, and see if it is your thing. ^^

A game I can recommend for people who usually don't play RTS's (arthesus) is Dawn of War II. It has no base building, no resource management and stuff like that. You just have a group of 4 different units, and you move them through an environment. Then you get upgrades and equipment for them along the way, almost Diablo-style.

@3cmm Thanks for the kind words. ^^ I'll continue writing my SC thoughts, as well as blogging various other news and articles at TGV, so do keep an eye on it. ;)


Scott Pilgrim vol. 6 announcement! :nuts

http://www.onipress.com/blog/?p=1378

July 20th :dance
 
Last edited:
Top