The Scott Pilgrim Thread Again™

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

Yup! Late summer will be Pilgrimfest~
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

Who and what is Scott Pilgrim?
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

Who and what is Scott Pilgrim?
It's an american comic, that is also awesome. Takes heavy inspiration from manga and video games. ^^ It's currently displayed in my avatar~



Movie adaption is coming in August. :3
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

Hermie, it's Canadian, I believe?


And one of the funny things is how they depict Ramona since she's "American"...
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

I don't understand how that's good. Explain?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

>.> it seems you don't use wiki... or you just refuse to, M3J..

from wiki said:
The series is about 23-year-old Canadian Scott Pilgrim, a slacker, hero, and part-time bassist who is living in Toronto and plays bass guitar in the band "Sex Bob-Omb." He falls in love with American delivery girl Ramona V. Flowers, but must defeat her seven "evil exes"[1] in order to date her.
that said, all i could add is that i love Bryan Lee O'malley's humor. It's like reading a gag manga. It's really hard to make one understand since it is Canadian comics and all, but just from reading the first few pages you'd know what I mean, and you'd get hooked.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

Wiki can be a scary place. But I dunno how that's funny from the excerpt Hermie pasted. :s
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

too bad. my first volume of the book is in CDisplay format. Just read it, M3J... i don't need to post pages of it, do i??
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

Dunno. First, you gotta explain what CDisplay format is. -.-
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

Hermie, it's Canadian, I believe?

And one of the funny things is how they depict Ramona since she's "American"...
<.<

Well Canada is in North America, so I'm still right \o/

But yeah, it's really the quirky and and cute style of art and writing that captures you. :3

And CDisplay is a comic reading program. It's how you SHOULD read your manga <.<
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

Hermie, Canada is a totally different country... I believe from jokes Americans tend to hate Canadians, and vice versa.


okay okay, whatever, i'm being really anal about it, and i don't care. But I believe Americans and Canadians care ahahaha.
 
Last edited:

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

Hermie, Canada is a totally different country...
Hahaha, he knows that. He was referring to the continent to try and save his mistake, darling. xD


I believe from jokes Americans tend to hate Canadians, and vice versa.
Not really. The american stereotype of canadiens is that they're super nice, and a bit silly, and all. That they do nothing all day but hop through the woods, play ice hockey, and hug people. Something like that. =3

Canada is probably the country on earth with the most positive outward image. As if it were the United States, except without all the obvious flaws or something... >_>
 
Last edited:

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Re: The Official Scott Pilgrim Discussion Thread™

Brilliant. :tem

So what's up Hermie?
Got any new fun/weird/stupid/crazy/confusing tales of life to share? :)
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: The Canada Discussion Thread Apparently™

I did not start this Canada Discussion, I DID NOT! :yelling
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: The Canada Discussion Thread Apparently™

Brilliant. :tem

So what's up Hermie?
Got any new fun/weird/stupid/crazy/confusing tales of life to share? :)
Not much. ^^

I went to the local film festival last week, was awesome. :3 So much fun getting to see movies I would never see otherwise.

I did not start this Canada Discussion, I DID NOT! :yelling
You did! You mentioned it, then I waved it away with a joke, then you brought it up again.
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Re: The Canada Discussion Thread Apparently™

Not much. ^^

I went to the local film festival last week, was awesome. :3 So much fun getting to see movies I would never see otherwise.


You did! You mentioned it, then I waved it away with a joke, then you brought it up again.
We had a film festival here a couple of months back, never bothered going though..
Wish I had, wanted to see one of the Norwegian movies actually. Ah well, TPB exists for reasons like this.. :D

Which Irc client are you currently using? :blink
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: The Canada Discussion Thread Apparently™

Ah, which movie?
There weren't any Swedish movies this year, at least not what I saw. Last year I saw De Ofrivilliga though, was great.

I use sysreset, a variation on mIRC. ^^
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Re: The Canada Discussion Thread Apparently™

Ah, which movie?
There weren't any Swedish movies this year, at least not what I saw. Last year I saw De Ofrivilliga though, was great.

I use sysreset, a variation on mIRC. ^^
I can't remember the name, I do remember that the movie was about drugs and a somewhat darker side of life... :headscratch

Sysreset eh? All the clients or versions of clients I've downloaded so far (i.e. four or five) have either told me to sod off or given me one to three trojans. -_-;
 
Top