Games - The Pokémon Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games The Pokémon Thread

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Discuss your favourite Pokemon, favourite character, favourite game, and rant at GARY M**HERF**KING OAK.

Let's face it, you can't catch them all

CBlitz

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I got a DS just for heartgold >__>

I ended up choosing Totodile as my starter because Chikorita sucks and Cyndaquil is meh. Infinitely less useful that all the elemental punches are normal attacks now. My favorite of the original gold/silver was going into the Kanto region after beating the Elite 4, I loved the Gym Leader music :D

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
YES! About time there's a thread like this. :tem

Haven't played HeartGold or SoulSilver, not even tried them. I gotta say, I didn't quite enjoy the remakes of the first games as much as I thought I would. The first and second generation of Pokémon are sacred to me, and I can still play them through over and over, so perhaps I'm a bit conservative when it comes to those. I don't see why there should be remakes of already awesome games. But maybe that's just me. :tem

As for recent generations.. I played through Ruby once and Pearl once. That was enough, it's just not the same these days. I mean, WHERE IS GARY OAK? (I know he's actually called Blue, but he's always gonna be Gary to me. :noworry)

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Let's face it, you can't catch them all
Lie! all you need it GameShark ;D

• Fav Pkm would be Squirtle, Starmie and Articuno,
  • Do own the GBC versions of Blue, Yellow and Gold
  • Beat all games so far on emus, haven't finished Platinum tho iirc, sth important seems to have happend in my life, so that I had to drop it :D
  • Most thing I hate about Pokémon is the anime AND Pikachu ._.
  • Does it make me nerdy? NO!

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
HeratGold or SoulSilver....Too hard to choose. I need to know what Pokemon are catchable on each. Must find a list.

Johto is easily my favorite continent in the Pokemon world. Silver = my favorite game of all time. Also, the first one I got ;) The anime was beast till the Honen series. Or maybe I was just too old for the anime by then? Naw that couldn't be it.

Favorite Pokemon is Kabutops...just look at it. ITS AWESOME!!

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Interesting...lots of it is the same form Gold and Silver except they switched Phanpy and Teddiursa! As much as I like Lugia and Skarmory, I am definitely getting HeartGold. Need me a Growlithe! Will go great with my Cyndaquil!!

Dammit!! Caleb is still event exclusive. Why won't my magic MasterBrain work on this game like it does on Gold and Silver?!

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Yep i agree. Its not even close. Heartgold has arcanine, gliscor, donphan and claydol with over 500 base stats while silver only has ursaring and ninetales. That is incredibly onesided.

As for the starter, im thinking of going for chikorita. Mainly because it will be damn hard, and also i want arcanine and red gyarados, but i have an aversion of having pokmon with the same type in the party (im weird like that >.>; ) so if i chose one of the starters one of those two have to miss out. Dilemna. =/

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bulbapedia is the sh*t! :shakefist

I haven't played HeartGold or SoulSilver. I've completed Blue, Gold & Ruby. After Ruby, my interest in the pokemon games dropped lol. I play them now and again. The first pokemon generation of games (Blue, Red & Yellow) are definitely classics. :nod

Xerneas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Bah, I'm getting close to the end of HeartGold and only just discovered this thread lol. Oh well, there are massive Pokémon forums about the place so I didn't expect much discussion here. After the Johto nostalgia wore off, I realized I still like Platinum more. FireRed too for that matter - the Sevii Islands are still my favourite part of any game.

The reason is that Johto is fundamentally lacking - even on the DS. Its so linear and one-note, and Kanto is still watered down compared to when its a stand-alone region. They tried to add in some new stuff like Battle Frontier and whatnot, but those are just specific locations. The overall effect is the same - Sinnoh still seems way bigger/more interesting than Johto. And even though Hoenn was annoying with all the water, at least it had a lot of environmental variation, which kept things interesting. HGSS was still quite enjoyable though, just because its Pokémon and you really can't go wrong with a formula thats sold almost 200 mil games.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I bought HeartGold a few days ago and I'm loving it. My favorite part about the new versions is the way they added puzzles even to the early gyms and made them almost 3D. Its pretty cool.

And damn Japan! I just got the new one and you're already about to put out more?!

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Some new ugly Pokémons are coming soon \o/

kay, the wolf-thingy is looking quite decent though.

Shiro-kun

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
There is a new pokemon game coming out already? (i just got the new games =_=)

damn Nintendo :o

Edit : It Looks like there are starting a new set of Pokemon ..Generation V ..

Last edited:

Xerneas

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Well many people say its too soon for a new gen, but thats only because HGSS just came out in English. The reality is that is 4 years since gen 4 came out, which is the longest time between generations. English BW won't be out until spring 2011 at the earliest, so people can still enjoy HGSS to the fullest before moving on.

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The new generation looks cool for now,as it is only those two yet,but i guess the rest will have a lot of crap,just like in Diamond&Perl.

Shiro-kun

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
HG/SS only serves for filler and nostalgia , its a good thing for pokemon fans who are tired of waiting for the next generation of games (but i do love the nostalgia of the game sweet memories of G/S/C haha)

They pretty much driven themselves into a corner with DP/Plat series Legendary pokemon ...i wonder what will they do? they already ascended from a rare pokemon and a villainous team that only wants to steal pokemon to pokemon that created the world&universe and a villainous team that is trying to destroy the universe :\ ( like when this is all happening no one does anything besides the Champion of the said game ....+_+)

I just onder how there going to up that :oh

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
Reaction score
Country
Germany
HG/SS only serves for filler and nostalgia , its a good thing for pokemon fans who are tired of waiting for the next generation of games (but i do love the nostalgia of the game sweet memories of G/S/C haha)

They pretty much driven themselves into a corner with DP/Plat series Legendary pokemon ...i wonder what will they do? they already ascended from a rare pokemon and a villainous team that only wants to steal pokemon to pokemon that created the world&universe and a villainous team that is trying to destroy the universe :\ ( like when this is all happening no one does anything besides the Champion of the said game ....+_+)

I just onder how there going to up that :oh
Yeah,this thought crossed my mind as well.
They can't go further without getting ridiculous.They will probably go with something like humans turning into pokemon or something like^^''

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So what starter pokemon(s) did you guys start off with? Any favourites? Would you choose the same one again?

For me:

Kanto: Bulbasaur - Charmander - Squirtle / Pikachu

Johto: Chikorita - Cyndaquil - Totodile

Hoenn: Treecko - Torchic - Mudkip

Sinnoh: Turtwig - Chimchar - Piplup

None of them. :barf

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
Reaction score
Country
Germany
^Mudkip for the world!\o/

Anyone saw the new video?