TV The LOST Thread: [SPOILERS]

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Yeah I saw that. Does anyone know why it's delayed a week? :s

And I thought the episode was good. It explained why Desmond hit Locke with his car (to connect him with Jack).

Though I'm not sure if I believe Flocke saying that he was Christian. He answered with some hesitation...it just came off weird to me. This also completely confirms that Jacob was never in that Cabin, and whoever Ben thought he was talking to wasn't Jacob either, it was MiB....if Flocke was telling the truth about him being Christian.
Actually, you are right. Because in Season 4, at the end when Jin left the boat, remember Christian appeared to Michael? Then Michael asks Christian who he is and then the frieghter explodes. Christian did appear, I remember.

And Flocke can't leave the Island so how could he appear in the freighter as Christian?

Edit --

Also he appeared in the hospital Jack was working in when Jack got off the Island.

Flocke cannot be christian. I think Christian is Christian and that he is the true "owner" of the Island. Maybe Mib and Jacob were his underlings.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Actually, you are right. Because in Season 4, at the end when Jin left the boat, remember Christian appeared to Michael? Then Michael asks Christian who he is and then the frieghter explodes. Christian did appear, I remember.

And Flocke can't leave the Island so how could he appear in the freighter as Christian?

Edit --

Also he appeared in the hospital Jack was working in when Jack got off the Island.

Flocke cannot be christian. I think Christian is Christian and that he is the true "owner" of the Island. Maybe Mib and Jacob were his underlings.
Hmmm right. But obviously Flocke knew that that Christian led the survivors to the caves, and subsequently water. The only problem with it is we've never seen Jacob possess someone else's body, he hasn't done it yet since he "died" either. The ash around the cabin was to either keep MiB out, or keep him in. I'd go with keep him out since we saw the Smoke monster prior to the ash circle being broken. Maybe MiB possessing dead people is just one of his powers? Or one of his ways of manipulation, where as Jacob just pushes the Candidates, MiB manipulates them. I also find it weird that Jack saw Christian off the Island too, as well as Michael seeing him the second before he died. It doesn't make sense if MiB can't leave the Island, thus I think he lied to Jack, just to manipulate him.

Another thing that arises from this is the fact that Jacob's and MiB's lists are different. These are probably not just continuity errors. It may have to do with the difference of Philosophies of the two. Thus, MiB just wanting Jack now, may have always been in MiB's plans, but he may just end up wrong, just like he is wrong about the nature of people (according to Jacob). The actual Candidate may be someone else by default, simply because Flocke "claimed" Jack. But this is of course just going under the assumption that what Flocke actually said the Candidates were was true. Remember, he is manipulative by nature.

So if Jacob was in that cabin, why wouldn't he appear to Ben, who was a candidate (assuming). Also, I find it weird that it wasn't shown ever if Ben was "pushed" to the Island by Jacob like all of the other survivors were. Maybe the fact that he was revived by the Others scratched him off the Candidates list, thus he never saw or heard Jacob?
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sigh, what a disappointing episode, especially after the incredible displays the writers of Doctor Who and Breaking Bad made in the last week. It had to have been one of the most predictable episodes of Lost. None of the characters, except Jack in that single moment before Sawyer tried to kill everyone, exhibited any signs of intelligence. Oh well, at least Sayid went out with a bang.

Flocke:
"Durrrr, I'm gonna put this C4 in my backpack because I know you morons won't find that suspicious."

p.s. I guess Sawyer can't give Jack anymore flak about bad decisions and Juliet's death.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Sigh, what a disappointing episode, especially after the incredible displays the writers of Doctor Who and Breaking Bad made in the last week. It had to have been one of the most predictable episodes of Lost. None of the characters, except Jack in that single moment before Sawyer tried to kill everyone, exhibited any signs of intelligence. Oh well, at least Sayid went out with a bang.

Flocke:
"Durrrr, I'm gonna put this C4 in my backpack because I know you morons won't find that suspicious."

p.s. I guess Sawyer can't give Jack anymore flak about bad decisions and Juliet's death.
Predictable? Maybe I'm stupid, but I didn't find it predictable. I figured with Kate's name being crossed out that she would die, but that turned out to maybe be a red herring. I thought it was a good episode, but not great. Maybe it's the fact that it's going to end looming over me?

I will say that Sayid following Locke in the first place seemed suspicious to me. He's a zombie? Yes, but that fact that his intentions were kept so mysterious bothered me. It's obvious that Flocke should have known Sayid was lying about whether he killed Desmond. Sayid was a freaking torturer...a ruthless killer. Compound this with the fact that he was supposedly "infected". Sayid saying that he just killed an unarmed man and that he needed a moment was so obviously a lie. But obviously we now know that Flocke needed to gather everyone together in a close area, and we now can assume that Flocke is incapable of killing any of the Candidates himself.

This was a great episode after all. I changed my mind. The ultimate irony of the entire episode was the fact that Sawyer thought it was his decision to leave Flocke out of the sub. THE con-man gets conned :rofl


I still don't understand the reasoning behind killing Sun and Jin, unless it was to show more irony: Jin escaping the Kahana miraculously, choosing to die on the sub. What'll happen to their child? Jin never met her T_T

That'll probably be rectified by the end of the series though :rofl
 
Last edited:

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
xi0 said:
and we now can assume that Flocke is incapable of killing any of the Candidates himself.
hmm, Mr. Eko was a candidate? If not, than I don't have questions, but if yes, than MiB is capable of killing candidates. That said, I didn't watch the episode yet :p
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
hmm, Mr. Eko was a candidate? If not, than I don't have questions, but if yes, than MiB is capable of killing candidates. That said, I didn't watch the episode yet :p
There's no evidence either way, except for the running theory that MiB cannot kill candidates.

And why would you spoil yourself?! :blink
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Holy shit, this epsiode was epic. Beyond epic, when I found out the sub had the bomb in it, I was just about to faint lol Can't believe Jin and Sun died :( That was so sad, and Sayid aswell. Sayid did the right thing though at the end...

It's true what the producers said, at the end of this season Jack and Locke are gonna go head to head, can't fucking wait. :tem
 

DLord.Van.Buuren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,716
Reaction score
1,226
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
impressive , this series hasnt ended yet , at some point they totally lost me .
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Aw man, only a few more episodes left. :( It's gonna be sad...
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Seems like they added +30 mins to the finale to explain thing they've not yet explained. My giess because of all the sudden plot holes from this season. Or something.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Can't wait for the upcoming episode, it's going to be a Jacob and MIB one hehe
Finally, questions will be answered. And fans will be left in more shock because there'll be more questions popped up :p
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
xi0 said:
There's no evidence either way, except for the running theory that MiB cannot kill candidates.
Now after watching this episode I think its that way. Still, I don't know what to think of Mr. Eko's case..

xi0 said:
And why would you spoil yourself?!
Its like reading spoilers before I read the real deal, the real chapter, haha xP

Weapon_X said:
Finally, questions will be answered. And fans will be left in more shock because there'll be more questions popped up :p
xD

I agree, epic episode, one of the best of this season for sure. And there are still a few to watch which can be even more epic as the season <and show> is ending xD
So Sawyer didn't believe Jack, hmm. Nothing special, I thought its sth more drastic. Still, he wasn't aware of the fact that candidates can't die on island; if he would be with Jack and Albert back than, he would probably do as Jack said, heh. Writers did somewhat a great job and its probably to ensure that Sawyer will have the same feeling as Jack of "killing" Juliet, but with Sawyer it will be Sun and Jin.
About the bomb: so it was Jack's fault to put it into submarine in the first place. He should be more reasonable with that as he knew that Flocke had a bomb, because he had shown to them. <I'm exagerating, but still..>
Its funny how the roles of Locke and Jack in alternative are way different than in one of the past episodes with pushing buttons, when Locke said the exact same thing to Jack about "believing in him" and Jack didn't, and now in alternative Jack is the "believer" and Locke isn't. Cool stuff.
btw. I wish Kate have been killed,arghh :p
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
I still don't get as to why the bomb difused when there were candidates around. I thought the candidates couldn't die so why did Sayid, Sun and Jin die? When Richard and Jack were on that boat, the bomb never exploded. So why did it explode in this case?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Because MiB didn't kill them. Sawyer did by tampering with the bomb. That was the loophole that Flocke knew they would try: to disarm it. If the timer had run out like Jack told them to do, the bomb wouldn't have gone off.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Because MiB didn't kill them. Sawyer did by tampering with the bomb. That was the loophole that Flocke knew they would try: to disarm it. If the timer had run out like Jack told them to do, the bomb wouldn't have gone off.
But the timer did run out eventually, it still doesn't make sense because Richard and Jack never died when they were at the Black Rock. And Sawyer is a candidate so how could he kill the other candidates by disarming a bomb?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
But the timer did run out eventually, it still doesn't make sense because Richard and Jack never died when they were at the Black Rock. And Sawyer is a candidate so how could he kill the other candidates by disarming a bomb?
Candidates can kill other candidates...

The bomb was set to go off IF someone tried to disarm it. That's the point. That's why Jack said not to do anything.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Candidates can kill other candidates...

The bomb was set to go off IF someone tried to disarm it. That's the point. That's why Jack said not to do anything.
So the bomb would never have gone off if anyone didn't do anything? I see, so that's the loophole. Damn... Flocke is 1 nasty mofo.


Damn, the new episode just answered everything. So the smoke monster is a total different being then Jacob's brother, the smoke monster WAS taking the form of Jacob's brother, Jacob's brother was dead ages ago.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah, it certainly appears that way. MiB is either the personification of the Island, or the smoke monster. I'd go with the latter, since why would the Island want...to...leave...the...Island? lol

The problem is the latter leaves more questions. We still don't know what the smoke monster is, only that it wants to leave, and that Jacob inherited the responsibility of preventing it from doing so.

Jacob and his brother's mom was a little to cryptic about what exactly the light in the tunnel was though...it's everything apparently...
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
This episode just prooved that Jacob isn't good at all. He is the same just like everyone else, and the smoke monster took the form of Jacob's brother, Jacob's brother is not the smoke monster. I never knew this would have happened, but smokey did say to Jacob that Jacob deprived him of his original body.

I am still confused about the whole light thing. WTF is it supposed to be?
 
Top