Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
I cant believe that Italy is the actual champion... -.-

What a disappointment...
True. I expected much much more from Italy aswell, but Holland did not show a good performance either IMHO. Hope Spain will live up my expectations. Same for Portugal and Brazil (which's the match I'm looking forward the most from the groups.. ohw yeah Por-Bra will be hawt:P I hope ))
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
The contrast between NL winning and Italy ending the match in a tie? the latter was actually entertaining (imo of course). Denmark wasn't bad, but scoring a goal against the favorite team is a whole diffrent quality and disturbing their gameplay even more so ^^
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
True. I expected much much more from Italy aswell, but Holland did not show a good performance either IMHO. Hope Spain will live up my expectations. Same for Portugal and Brazil (which's the match I'm looking forward the most from the groups.. ohw yeah Por-Bra will be hawt:P I hope ))
Yes, the match betwen Portugal and Brazil is the BEST match in this round..

I'm portuguese so, I will cheer Portugal


It didn't surprise me...

1. Pirlo is injured and imo he is a key player
2. In Brussels Italy was nothing in a friendly match
3. In Switzerland Italy was close to nothing in a friendly match

furthermore Paraguay did quite good in the South-American preliminaries. A lot of people are overestimating Italy. I think they have a chance to get in the second round but they'll definitely won't make it further
True, in the Last WC, Italy started bad as well, but what happen then?? World Champions :D
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,307
Reaction score
24,931
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
NOOOO!!! Can't believe italy tied.... the horror..... I expected a better performance from the current champions...
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Brazil plays a defensive style, Portugal has only 1 good player. Spain-Chile is the most promising match of the first round, hands down.
Brazil plays a defensive style??? Is the first time that I ever see a comment like that about Brazil.. :blink

Portugal has only 1 good player?? You mean C.Ronaldo? No, no, no..
What about Pepe, Simao, Tiago, Deco, Danny? Portugal has a good team this year..

Both teams, plays a beatiful and offensive futbol.
 

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Brazil plays a defensive style??? Is the first time that I ever see a comment like that about Brazil.. :blink

Portugal has only 1 good player?? You mean C.Ronaldo? No, no, no..
What about Pepe, Simao, Tiago, Deco, Danny? Portugal has a good team this year..

Both teams, plays a beatiful and offensive futbol.
In the past they did not, but did you see the last games since Dunga is the coach ?? Now they play a much more defensive style and a lot of brazilian people criticize Dunga for this change of the system......but for Dunga the result is more important than to play a beautifull football.....similar to the Italian-Style.
A few brazilian journalist even said that brazil did no more play like brazil, but rather play now like Germany (they meant it in a bad way)....
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,307
Reaction score
24,931
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Brazil plays a defensive style??? Is the first time that I ever see a comment like that about Brazil.. :blink

Portugal has only 1 good player?? You mean C.Ronaldo? No, no, no..
What about Pepe, Simao, Tiago, Deco, Danny? Portugal has a good team this year..

Both teams, plays a beatiful and offensive futbol.
Thats the good old brasil that did not win stuff(it is within my understanding most of the times brasil has won has they have used a defensive football).... Don't you read the news lol.... Dunga has been getting extreme criticism not only because the current brasil team does not have an ounce of their traditional "jugo bonito"... Not only that, Dunga has shown clear distaste for that.... Didn't you find it strange ronaldinho was not in the team? There is a reason for that (I don't think brasil is missing anything by not having him though)

Portugal is a first class team IMO, even if not as much as other strong teams I do think they are among the teams that have a decent chance of winning the cup in general....
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Paraguai has a very decent team imo, i'd rate them more or less in the same level as Usa. We had two losses in the eliminatory, one of them was against Paraguai :P And you shouldn't forget that Cabanas ( aka, the dude who completely trashed my Flamengo in Maracana back in 2008 :facepalm ) took a bullet in the head and won't be able to play the WC. That's a major problem for them

Netherlands till now is the team that made me most worried, Germany was awesome but they were playing Australia and Italy reminds me of Milan currently, I don't think they'll get past the quarter finals.

Ghana is the best african team by far till now, Ivory Coast could go far, but got bad luck in the group draws, i'm thinking they'll be out by sunday.

Brasil is really based on defense and counter-attacks since Dunga became the coach, and we're quite good at it*. In that friendly with Portugal that they were attacking like crazy, we managed to win by 6x2 :D I pity Spain if our paths happen to cross.
*that doesnt mean i like it, i'd rather see a team like 82, even if we lost that cup
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
C'mon, Saintz0r, my friend! Paraguay is way better than USA.

I didn't watch the game but it surprised me Paraguay could tie today. I, obviously, was expecting a victory. Italy is mediocre since 2006 - they didn't deserve that title - and the team of 2006 is better than the current one. The only thing Italy has now is tradition. And it's the only thing that can help Italy to go further in this World Cup


My bet is the same yet. Paraguay will be the first in group F.
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,307
Reaction score
24,931
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I agree, paraguay is better than USA.... USA is average IMO... I think the greatest thing it has is structure but overall it lacks good enough players to be a top team...
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
First Green screws himself over and then Chaouchi (Algeria's GK) "attempts" to parry a shot away from goal with his shoulder...wtf. Algeria had the better chances to seal the game with a win but they stupidly gifted Slovenia a very EASY free goal imo.

Netherlands 2-0 Denmark - was an ok game. Not terribly exciting tbh. I can't see neither them getting far in this WC. \o/

Japan 1-0 Cameroon - I thought Cameroon would be the victors of this game; they played shit in the end. Webo had one of the best chances to get a goal back for Cameroon; it's ashame that his superb effort hit the damn cross bar. :darn I have feeling that the Netherlands Vs. Japan game will be an exciting one to watch. *Hopefully* I say 3-2/2-3. XD

Italy 1-1 Paraguay - Officially the worst game so far...gawd the first half went soooo slow. :bored I didn't think Italy would come back. Oh well. I wonder whether the game between New Zealand and Slovakia will be any better. :oh

I can't wait to watch the other two games that will be on today. :dance

Ivory Coast Vs. Portugal - Should be a good game. Mmmm. I say 1-2/2-2

Brazil v North Korea - I'm hoping the Brazilians do one better than the Germans did. :XD
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Italy 1-1 Paraguay - Officially the worst game so far...gawd the first half went soooo slow. :bored I didn't think Italy would come back. Oh well. I wonder whether the game between New Zealand and Slovakia will be any better. :oh
Have you seen France vs Uruguay? Imo, that's the worst game so far. That match had nothing.

Italy - Paraguay wasn't a nice match either but playing was tough because of the heavy rain and during some moments (I said some moments) I saw some nice midfield combinations from both sides. The boring about this game was the constant midfield play and the fact that both teams always ended up screwing up their attack.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'm watching New Zealand vs Slovakia, what an exciting match(!) you guys need to watch it right now -_-. Today's later matches could have some of the best football we've seen so far. Can't wait to see what Brazil bring to the table.

I can't believe Cameroon lost yesterday, I'd put most of the blame on the coach Paul LeGuen, why did he play Eto'o, his best player on the right? but credits to the japanese, they really battled for that 1-0 victory, some very good performances from a few of their players, especially the defense.
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm watching New Zealand vs Slovakia, what an exciting match(!) you guys need to watch it right now -_-. Today's later matches could have some of the best football we've seen so far. Can't wait to see what Brazil bring to the table.

I can't believe Cameroon lost yesterday, I'd put most of the blame on the coach Paul LeGuen, why did he play Eto'o, his best player on the right? but credits to the japanese, they really battled for that 1-0 victory, some very good performances from a few of their players, especially the defense.
At least it's better than Algeria x Slovenia :XD
Well, Eto'o recently have been playing in that position in Inter, maybe it's his choice.

I'm really excited about today's matches, Portugal x Ivory COast should be good since it'll likely be a battle to see who gets 2nd place :p
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Well, the game is over.... Not an important game..

Now, I will escape from my work and watch Portugal :tem
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Portugal vd. Cote D'Ivoire is quite an aggressive game,but no goals.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
At least it's better than Algeria x Slovenia :XD
Well, Eto'o recently have been playing in that position in Inter, maybe it's his choice.

I'm really excited about today's matches, Portugal x Ivory COast should be good since it'll likely be a battle to see who gets 2nd place :p
Well that's cos at Inter Milito was playing centre so thats understandable but at Cameroon?? come on now, no offence to their front players but he really should have been bang down the middle.

Not much has happened in Portugal vs Ivory Coast; apart from Ronaldo's shot, it's been pretty agressive. Hopefully the 2nd half will be more daring and free flowing.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Drogba is getting ready \o/

The game seems to be getting more offensive.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top