Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
I cant believe that lost money on this game :darn

But, even if my favorite team (Spain) lost, this was by far the best game in this WC...

What a amazing game, Spain dominated the whole match. They lost by bad luck :s

I still think that Spain have a great chance to win this cup :thumbs
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I also have this odd feeling that Germany will win this WC.(FYI i'm not biased)
 

One Eyed Sharingan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
573
Reaction score
68
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
hhahaha that was intense atmosphere after the Switzerland scored... i forgot it's still group qualification match...

Shots: Spain 14 - 2 Switzerland
Goals: Spain 0 - 1 Switzerland
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Man, some players of Spain are too much in love with the ball. It is sometimes better to play directly wide open, so that you can open up the play instead of constantly running towards your man, dribbling him and then passing to another player being guarded because of that unnecessary slow play. Spain started with good movement play but then they ended up playing too slow...

Switzerland had a good organization and credits to them to immobilize players like silva, villa and iniesta but I don't like that concrete football play.This game reminded me of Barca - Internationale; technical passing play vs solid organization play (Hitzfeldt did a mourinho)

Chile isn't a surprise to me at all. I already knew about their good passing play. Their players ran better than the Spanish team but that may be due to the difference in opponent. Anyway I hope Spain and Chile will make it but Spain needs to play more flexible and faster


I have watched the goal again and imo the linesman and ref make a mistake because it is off side.

Casillas was before the ball and Derdiyok touches the ball to fernandes during the pinball game. Because Casillas is before the ball, two Spanish players should have been behind the ball. This could be considered as an off side goal imo
 
Last edited:

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Since we have gotten the chance to see all the teams play and show us a glimpse of what we can expect of them and of their players, I was wondering, who is in your fantasy world cup team? What players (from the teams currently playing in the cup) would be part of your fantasy team?
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,928
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
GO URUGUAY!
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Hahaha, that forlan goal was amazing. Just amazing.
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Since we have gotten the chance to see all the teams play and show us a glimpse of what we can expect of them and of their players, I was wondering, who is in your fantasy world cup team? What players (from the teams currently playing in the cup) would be part of your fantasy team?
Ok lets see, in not specific position:

- GoolKeeper: Green :D :tem, just kidding.. Casillas (Spain)
- Muller (Germany)
- Messi (Argentina)
- Podolski (Germany)
- C.Ronaldo (Portugal)
- Forlan (Uruguay)
- Puyol (Spain)
- Robinho (Brazil)
- Maicon (Brazil)
- Sneijder (Netherlands)
- Terry (England)
 

Harlett

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2008
Messages
257
Reaction score
7
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
Spain lost .__.
But I'm happy for Uruguay

And tomorrow against France! :eyeroll
 

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
As a French person, I'd like France to win but I think our national team - and not our country - does not deserve the World Cup.

We're the only country in the world whose players refuse to sing and even learn the national anthem. They don't even try to pretend they know it.
There were several cases of French players despising, insulting and threatening French supporters that only wanted autographs or to talk to them. Fortunately, they were somehow people who filmed the scene.
There was also the Zahia case revealing how some of our players work. This is the rule of money, when people think they can get everything and can do anything because of their position.

Our national team does not deserve to be honoured by our country. Anyway, it's sad for some of our players who are still great.
 
Last edited:

WIzarDE

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
78
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
As a French person, I'd like France to win but I think our national team - and not our country - does not deserve the World Cup.

We're the only country in the world whose players refuse to sing and even learn the national anthem. They don't even try to pretend they know it.
There were several cases of French players despising, insulting and threatening French supporters that only wanted autographs or to talk to them. Fortunately, they were somehow people who filmed the scene.
There was also the Zahia case revealing how some of our players work. This is the rule of money, when people think they can get everything and can do anything because of their position.

Our national team does not deserve to be honoured by our country. Anyway, it's sad for some of our players who are still great.
Is this true ?
They refuse to learn the anthem ?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
GK: Casillas
Defenders: Maicon, Lugano, Terry, Coentra
Midfielders: Iniesta, Mascherano, C. Ronaldo, Müller
Forwards: Rooney and Messi
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,928
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Damn, the host got utterly humiliated... I thought uruguay would win but I never thought it'd be by such a large margin. After seeing the south africans play though, I have to say, they are utterly awful at it, they really REALLY suck at this sport. Who'd thought the host of the WC would be a team that not only has no business in the WC (as some other teams) but also no business whatsoever playing the sport at all lol. I don't even feel sorry for them, they plainly suck. At times its like they had to be remembered what the ball was, what to do with it and how to kick it.... I swear, the goalkeeper actually forget he was supposed to kick the ball lol....

Can't believe spain lost... Definitely the strangest thing that has happened this WC... SO much for the favorites.... Strangest goal I have ever seen to, it was completely anticlimatic (which is unnatural considering its a goal).... Anyways, congrats to the swiss, makes me proud of owning a swiss watch lol.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
The last 30mins of Rsa-Uru were quite entertaining. The goalkeeper was very harsh indeed, but red was still a little overkill IMHO. Yellow wouldn't change anything anyway though, so it didn't really matter.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,928
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I think any referee would have given the goalkeeper a red card... the guy did not even touch the ball lol...
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
The last 30mins of Rsa-Uru were quite entertaining. The goalkeeper was very harsh indeed, but red was still a little overkill IMHO. Yellow wouldn't change anything anyway though, so it didn't really matter.
He interrupted a clear goal chance, therefore the red card was correct. The harshness of the foul doesn't matter.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well, well, well.
Probably, Uruguay crushes my bet on Mexico and South Africa. But I need to say, I'm glad about that. For a long time, I have wished that Uruguay shines again. They have two titles, dammit!

Now, go Mexico!
It'll be a latin american classification!!
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Switzerland has 8 hours without suffer a goal in WC. This is a great mark.

Spain's story of life in football. What a strong karma!!
XD! That is so wrong dude. I can't believe Spain lost that game. *facepalm* Iniesta, Alonso, Torres, Villa, Navas...geez so many chances on goal and none of them went in! What a beauty shot by Alonso in the 70' min from a corner kick pass. If only it was a goal...:darn

This was sick. Wth is with this championship. I think this'll be OUR year. Yeah pples. Read here first. Germany is champion 2010 :D
lol. Germany are looking good for now. I can't see them winning it though. :p

I also have this odd feeling that Germany will win this WC.(FYI i'm not biased)
Baka! Argentina will win it. I don't give a damn what you guys say about it. :D

Since we have gotten the chance to see all the teams play and show us a glimpse of what we can expect of them and of their players, I was wondering, who is in your fantasy world cup team? What players (from the teams currently playing in the cup) would be part of your fantasy team?
Great idea, D! I shall post my WC squad soon....;)

GO URUGUAY!
:XD

Hahaha, that forlan goal was amazing. Just amazing.
ZOMG! It was amazing. :onoz
A slight deflection? It was still on target imo. ^^
Great penalty kick as well. :nod

Spain lost .__.
But I'm happy for Uruguay

And tomorrow against France! :eyeroll
France Vs. Mexico should be an interesting game to watch. I wouldn't mind seeing Uruguay & Mexico top the group and qualify to the next round (KO stages). :eyeroll

The 1st game tomorrow for today is the one I'm looking forward to the most; Argentina v South Korea. I can't wait! :woo
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
XD! That is so wrong dude. I can't believe Spain lost that game. *facepalm* Iniesta, Alonso, Torres, Villa, Navas...geez so many chances on goal and none of them went in! What a beauty shot by Alonso in the 70' min from a corner kick pass. If only it was a goal...:darn

No, it's serious.
Last World Cup, Switzerland took no goal.
0-0 vs France, 2-0 vs Togo, 2-0 vs South Korea, 0-0 vs Ukraine

It was eliminated only on penalties.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I think any referee would have given the goalkeeper a red card... the guy did not even touch the ball lol...
He interrupted a clear goal chance, therefore the red card was correct. The harshness of the foul doesn't matter.
I totally disagree, a red card wasn't justified at all. Don't forget that a penalty is a punishment on its own. The penalty is a moot point. I won't say if it wasn't one or if it was one. On the moment itself, I would have given one too but after the replay... euhhhmmm, euhmmmm

Furthermore, I follow the Dutch competition a lot and I can tell you that Suarez is an actor in every part of the game. The guy is constantly falling with success and without success whereas most top players, eg messi, would still walk on. There was a physical touch but I think the touch was ridiculously soft to fall like that. He fell because he pushed the ball too far away from him

Football is a contact sports and it's not because you don't touch a ball but only the player that it is always immediately fault. As I say: without replay I'd say yes but with replay, I really think the GK didn't touch him that hard and didn't have the intention to make Suarez fall. Suarez is a great actor, he belongs in the Italian team
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top