[Manga Project]*UPDATED 28.6.2010*

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I drew something the day after the update,thought you'd like to see it,though it's not anything big:
Damn, these are getting good! I liked how you were trying out facial expressions on your heroine. Its good to see you're taking shots at those and I like quite a bit of them. A lot of these are just sketches as you said but at the same time it shows your exploration and practice for different things. Keep up the good work Goo! :thumbs
I'm glad that you like some of them,especially because they are just sketches(even though i sometimes can't stop myself and it ends up being a clean drawing >_>)
Thanks!:)
Great job, Googlez! I guess you haven't decided the names for your characters except for Alisar. I guess the dude with black hair likes to wear coat with very long sleeves. ^^ I also like their facial expressions; I think those are one of the hardest to draw.

Do you decide their personalities before or after you draw them?
I have some names for them,but you are right,i haven't really decided yet.

Actually i sometimes just sketch around a bit and accidently create a character.Then i think about how i can include the character in the manga,but usually i try to find a person that fits the personality.
I'm glad everything is coming along. Your artistic ability is improving too! The heroine is pretty hot btw. :hurr
I'm glad you saw some improvement:D
And i always try to draw her as good as possible,but not really hot...i guess i accidently drew her that way.:hurr
Googz-kun’s manga-*baka*-update! :nuts

It’s great to see that you’ve decided to share some of your sketches.

First spoiler tag, 1st pic – Love the focus and the hair style; pretty sweet and slightly different to the conventional and “typical” hairstyle that you would find in most shounen and even seinen manga; which are usually more “wavering” imo anyway. This guy is by far my favourite character you’ve revealed to us thus far.
Yeah,i tried to make it kind of unusual,but it gives me a lot of trouble at the same time.^^
Anyway,i'm glad you look him the most,because i like him the most too(though i like the others nearly as much)
First spoiler tag, 4th pic – ZOMG! Love the stance and positioning of the character coming up the stairs. I feel as if there’ll be an epic moment waiting for us all…just around the corner of that particular scene/panel shot?

Have you been working on background scenery/techniques?
I had a slightly epic image in mind while drawing this,so i'm glad this feeling was delivered to you:p
I already had thought about a situation like this,which inspired me to draw him in this particular scene.

I need to work on scenery and bg techniques,so i already started doing so.^^
Second spoiler tag, 4th pic – ZOMG! Epic stance! Love the shading!

o0o0oh I like the look of the heroine. Early stages with this character, hey?
I'm glad you like this one,because i wanted to try some new shading and i have the impression that it worked:pleased

Yeah,her look is set in stone already,but i still need to work a bit on her personality.
Great work as always, Googz. Thanks for sharing and keep it up. Take your time, no need to rush with the updates. We'll be waiting.....patiently. ;)
I am really,really glad that you are satisfied with this update,because you had to wait so much because of my lazyness:XD
You have very expressive lines googz I like how you mess around with line effects, lightning and also facial expressions in this update ^-^
Thank you!:D
I always try my best with sketches,even though that's not really the purpose of sketches:XD
been keeping up with this from the beginning, but never posted. it's good to see you can stick with something. i'm the type of person that takes FOREVER(did i mention forever?) to get started on something, but once i get started, nothing can stop me. so yeah, i'm still trying to get all my ideas together before starting.
Thank you for posting!:)
And i have to admit,that i am the very same,but some members have been waiting for a long time now,so i thought i needed to do an update.^^
And now that i started,i won't stop either:)
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
You have very expressive lines googz I like how you mess around with line effects, lightning and also facial expressions in this update ^-^
I totally agree...
good shading even in the sketches... nice work, googlez...
I only feel sad that I couldn't see the heroine T~T
the images just won't load... (my connections sucks ¬ ¬) I'll try again some other time... and I'll be around, taking a look at your progress ;]
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Googz, I love them :nuts You're really good with the Copic markers :blink How long have you been colouring with them for? :D And I wonder how many you have?

I love the clothes on them :amuse In the forth pic, the dude in the beanie and scarf, are they Bleach inspired headphones I see? :tem

Anyway, keep up the good work Googz! I expect to see more soon :thumbs
 

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
4,328
Reaction score
2,281
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Wow, what Can I say ... Amazing, I knew you are good but this ... this S**t is so good :XD
 

AlB

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2009
Messages
1,190
Reaction score
572
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Georgia
awesome drawings googlez :) :) wish I could draw people like you do (black jealousy :p)
 

p1xel

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Awesome drawings.I can`t draw almost anything,i`m so jealous:D
Do more drawings,and draw a manga in future^^
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I totally agree...
good shading even in the sketches... nice work, googlez...
I only feel sad that I couldn't see the heroine T~T
the images just won't load... (my connections sucks ¬ ¬) I'll try again some other time... and I'll be around, taking a look at your progress ;]
Thanks a lot!:hugThe design of the heroine is different now.I will post some images later,i hope you can see those.^^
Googz, I love them :nuts You're really good with the Copic markers :blink How long have you been colouring with them for? :D And I wonder how many you have?

I love the clothes on them :amuse In the forth pic, the dude in the beanie and scarf, are they Bleach inspired headphones I see? :tem

Anyway, keep up the good work Googz! I expect to see more soon :thumbs
Thank you Ice:glomp
I've been coloring with copics for about three years now,even though i do it rather rarely.I have like 100:p

They were Bleach inspired,yes,but i already changed that.You'll see^^
Wow, what Can I say ... Amazing, I knew you are good but this ... this S**t is so good :XD
awesome drawings googlez :) :) wish I could draw people like you do (black jealousy :p)
Awesome drawings.I can`t draw almost anything,i`m so jealous:D
Do more drawings,and draw a manga in future^^
Thanks a lot guys:woo

Here is a bit: http://hari-jizo.deviantart.com/#/d34ebb6
I thought i'd draw a "teaser" to show how a black n' white manga page would look like.

Everything is done traditionally,except the tones.I had to do them with photoshop,as i still don't have the necessary material.^^

The bottom panel is empty because....i don't know what to put in it.I might edit it later on.

And this is a character i already posted some time ago,but not here:
I just love drawing her.

I will probably use her in the story,but i'm not really sure about that.

-----
I will post some sketches and designs later this week.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Holy S***

I thought that black and white was actually Tegami Bachi manga <_>

Great stuff man, keep it up. Can't wait for your manga :thumbs

I'm so jealous right now :XD I'm gonna practice like hell to get better :shakefist
 

Realtwisted

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
897
Reaction score
130
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Wow Googlez_Kun, you are good. Can't wait until you realease a manga. I am trying to learn how to draw, any tips Googlez_Kun?
 

pimpsNhoes

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
You drawings are amazing Googlez_kun! They were really stunning. I still can't believe you are older then me. Aim high snd reach for the manga stars.
 

NoFreakingWay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
249
Reaction score
61
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fiji
I had to restrain my eyes from opening wider than it could and my jaws from dropping so low.

You're very skilled with those backgrounds and shading that all of what I saw so far looks like a legit manga.

Hope you update faster, because this whole section has become a little... silent as of late. Everytime you update I could imagine 4 posts at a minimum coming. That's how good you are.

Good luck with the manga Googlez_kun.
 

Suzume Fujida

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 22, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
OwO!!
Oh, I really like your style!! It's awesome >D I love the coloring <3 ...oh! And the clothes are cool, as well!

Is there a finished chapter or something like that? 'w' >D Keep drawin'!!
 

AlB

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2009
Messages
1,190
Reaction score
572
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Georgia
I will probably use her in the story,but i'm not really sure about that.
Don't be quick to discard a character, you can kill them off at any point in the story you know, lol :p

psst, you know, you could make her into a introvert psycho mass-murderer type :p;)
 
Top