Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

new record for one piece : here

I suppose naruto fan will come soon :ninja:
Update: One Piece outsold Naruto by over 15 millon copies; Naruto did not sell 15 million copies. Thanks, cosplayz.
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

salam-daim said:
new record for one piece : here

I suppose naruto fan will come soon
From where comes this "hate" for Naruto fans from OP fans? Recently someone said here that its the other way around on livejournals, BUT here on MH I see the things differently. Are you just writing this for the sake of someone to try to defend Naruto? Or are you just trolling? Chill out man, don't be hate oriented OP fan.

I saw the ranking with more mangas, and still the same thing: OP is king, Naruto fairly well goes higher each time, KHR also, FT <wtf xP>, and Bleach.. well, it seems Bleach is going a little down on volumes sale <or I didn't think about it too much, but I don't think its surprising considering the latest developments <maybe not counting the last 3/4 chapters, without spoilers>> xd
 
  • Like
Reactions: R4n

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

btw, SWOT's first official ranking made bottom 5? Or is the official ranking next week? I know next week is Doubutsuen.
Yeah, its first official ranking was in the bottom 5 this week. It debuted one week before Doubutsuen so its official ranking comes one week earlier too.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Swot and Doubutsuen still have a chance seeing as how metallica will probably be the next one to be axed. They still have arround 2 months to gain so fans and rise on the TOC. It happened with Medaka. Akaboshi and Kagijin were axed and that gave Medaka some time to stabilish itself.
 

Esc.

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2007
Messages
210
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

hmm. To me it sounds kinda harsh. Using other series as leverage. I suppose if you're doing poorly than it's only a matter of time before you get axed. Although, I guess it was fair to Medaka that it used other series to buy more time to improve. A shame that Akaboshi and Kagijin didn't quite sum up. The art in both of them was very talented. :amuse
 

salam-daim

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
79
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

From where comes this "hate" for Naruto fans from OP fans?
it's just a joke .... and I am a manga fan, including naruto and others, but not bleach :D
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Swot and Doubutsuen still have a chance seeing as how metallica will probably be the next one to be axed. They still have arround 2 months to gain so fans and rise on the TOC. It happened with Medaka. Akaboshi and Kagijin were axed and that gave Medaka some time to stabilish itself.
The difference between Akaboshi, Kagijin, and Medaka is that Medaka did not debut in the bottom 5 and took a couple weeks to lapse into it. Kagijin and Akaboshi did. Kagijin never left and was the dead last buffer for everything else. Akaboshi only got out twice late in its serialization. Medaka got out 5 times before Akaboshi died. Medaka was already above them on average. Since Metallica and Shikku are gone at some point that makes these two more likely to take their place.

The series that debut in the bottom 5 are the ones more likely to die off. There aren't many recent series that arrive in the bottom 5 at chapter 1 and last a long time. That is because they end up being what the less stable series use as footholds because the debut ranking shows they sunk like rocks. I'm not saying its impossible that they rise, but recent history shows its not exactly frequent.
 

Esc.

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2007
Messages
210
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

I have to ask cause I'm not entirely certain. Even if a series stays in the bottom 5 for most of their run, they don't get kicked out just like that, correct? In some cases, the reason they're in the bottom 5 is because of all the other great series running above them, it doesn't make it so that it's a terrible series, it just happens to be the least popular among the list.

(Hypothetical situation ^)
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

That situation is unlikely. It would only happen if Jump's circulation rised and consequently the number of votes for all the series. A series that spend its whole life on botom 5 is more likelly to be canceled.
 

arsene.lupin

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2009
Messages
55
Reaction score
58
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

That situation is unlikely. It would only happen if Jump's circulation rised and consequently the number of votes for all the series. A series that spend its whole life on botom 5 is more likelly to be canceled.
To-Love-Ru spent last of it's year on bottom 5 :p
got cancelled cause personal issue.


as a matter of fact To-Love-Ru will resume (spin-off) on Jump SQ#11.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

To-love-ru was in the botom because the author always delivered the manuscript late iirc.

I doubt it was its real ranking because it had huge sales.
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

^ It had huge volume sales, so even if weekly it was ranked low, it stayed just because of volumes xD
 

Steffan

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
95
Reaction score
24
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Just a quick question.
What day does the ToC usually come out? And who's the person who posts this stuff? Someone from Shueisha? A spy?! A ninja?! A Ninjaspy?!
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

The TOC usually comes out at sundays unless the WSJ was sent earlier to the stores wich happens when there's hollidays in Japan.

About who gives the TOC there's an answer in the first post of the thread iirc.

Edit: actually there isn't but I saw something a few months ago.

I'm not the best person to explain but the TOC as well as spoilers is usually given by people who can get a copy of WSJ before the release date.
They can be distributors, Book store's keppers... They don't give much info about themselves because it's risky. If I can't find the post wich explained in detail I'll link it to you.
 
Last edited:

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

After the "Jaguar Shock" two weeks ago I decided to take some holiday, and now I check back and the mess just keeps increasing... lol

So, first and foremost I salute to Usuta-sensei. This really didn't feel like pulling the plug but rather an agreement on both sides. Those were some darn awesome years and I hope to see Usuta back some time soon.
Great artist and a real masterpiece of Gag Manga. Guess I'll have to stick with Masuda-sensei's GMBiyori from now on. :tem

One Piece break sucks kinda hard but since it's Oda I will swallow it without any nudging. In Oda I trust. He'll come back and what he'll bring to us will not only be big but monumental. (Those few weeks are a long time nonetheless... :'()

Then I see Oumagadoki dumping right during its "final rehearsal".

And if that weren't enough EizHb38XPU's services might come to an end. Manga World why do you seem to hate me that much lately!?
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

People from 2ch are saying it is not real. But koneta is still not uploaded yet, so I'm starting to think that koneta might be true.

I'll wait 'til tomorrow, and if koneta is still not uploaded, then we might not going to see koneta anymore.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Just so I'm clear: koneta and Ohana are two different people? It was interesting looking at the rankings, and I'll miss knowing the TOC beforehand. However, if there's no spoilers, I'll be devastated. D:
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

The Japanese site calls it:
ONE PIECE再開への特別企画
4号連続で合計20000名にオリジナルグッズが当たるクイズも!!

They're giving like, 20,000 "One Piece Goods" to people for the 4 issues until OP comes back. So not really related to anything we care about.

Bakuman seems to be doing something called "Backman" doing a recap thing, I guess to promote the anime. I don't think it means it's replacing the regular chapters or anything.
 

salam-daim

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
79
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

I think that just a little trick to keep the one piece fan buying the jump, for the next 4 weeks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top