Summer 2010 Amateur Coloring Contest

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Welcome to the Summer Amateur Coloring Contest!​

This category is for the colorists out there who are just now discovering their talent of coloring manga. If you feel you're experienced enough, head to the Advanced Coloring contest!

Rules:
- This category is for colored manga panels only! If you're coloring another person's artwork (fanart or original art), head to the Color Art contest and join with a collaborative work.

- If the panel you're coloring was traced/cleaned by another person, please state its name on the description. Never do any coloring without asking permission for the use of the lines first, unless its stated that's free for everyone's use!

-The contest doesn't have a specific theme! Feel free to choose any panel/page you like, it doesn't have to be winter related.

- If the submission was done as a collaboration, please state the names of everyone who contributed on the description. Make sure everyone who's involved agrees into taking part of the contest!

- You can submit up to 3 artworks for this contest. Only your most voted entry will be taken in account for the results though - you won't be able to win at 1st, 2nd and 3rd places at once.


Submissions
Every contest entry must be posted in this thread and uploaded to our gallery, as image sites may delete or take down your artwork. Just click here and select the appropriate contest as the upload category.

Post a clickable thumbnail of your picture in the thread, like this one:



Pictures posted directly in the thread, without thumbnails, will be deleted. This is to assure that the forum layout stays organized, without oversized pictures breaking the layout. If you need help, just ask us by PM.

The current submissions will be added to the 1st post. If yours isn't added right away, be a little patient. The voting will only start when all the submissions are shown on the first post.

Feel free to name your artwork! If it doesn't have a title, we'll refer to it by numbers (in case you submit more than one picture).

Voting will be done in a poll in this thread.


Contest Schedule
Submissions: August 1st to September 25th
Voting: September 26th to October 2nd
Results: October 3rd


Do your best! Don't miss the deadline!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Rikulaw

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
203
Age
34
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
Re: Summer Amateur Coloring Contest

and

both from D.Gray-man manga

plus



From D.Gray-man & Tegami Bachi

All original art by Hoshino Katsura
 
Last edited:

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Summer Amateur Coloring Contest

I Will Protect Them
From Naruto - Chapter 133 by Masashi Kishimoto
Lines and colour by DeBaron8


Itachi Cries
From Naruto - Chapter 403 by Masashi Kishimoto
Lines and colour by DeBaron8


Legacy of the Yellow Flash
From Naruto - Chapter 505 by Masashi Kishimoto
Lines and colour by DeBaron8


You can view all three at Deviant Art: http://debaron8.deviantart.com/
 

rania

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
10
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Summer Amateur Coloring Contest

no one else? :(
 

renanamara

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 28, 2010
Messages
18
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Summer Amateur Coloring Contest

Me!

I'll submit two Fairy Tail colorings! ^^



Scan: Hellz0ne scans



Scan: Mangastream
 
Last edited:

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Summer Amateur Coloring Contest

no one else? :(
Just found this thread, guess I'll make something, good thing deadline is so late :)
Edit: As I said I withdraw this image from the contest as I've finished something more suitable. Only consider my other post please.

Well, I'm bad with finishing work in time and sticking to deadlines, so I'll post this one for now:

Naruto Chapter 532 last page

Actually it doesn't really suit a colourisation contest since there's few colourisation in it (much more background) so I'll withdraw it if I can finish something more suitable in time. I guess I can do so, it's just for safety :amuse
 
Last edited:

rania

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
10
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Summer Amateur Coloring Contest

Ah, I had forgotten to credit the Manga Editors! Your post remembered me, thanks! (I edited in my post). :)
Haha no problem
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Summer Amateur Coloring Contest

All right, my first post is withdrawn then as it only touched the contest topic slightly anyways.

This image is my entry:

Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto Chapter 510, 1500x1657
Colouring and outlines done by me.
Some changes made according to feedback of Googlez_Kun and IChallengeYou!.

Edit: Ok I think I'm truly done with this so I won't change the upload anymore. So now there are two old, unused images I uploaded in the gallery but I can't delete them on my own, maybe an admin can do so please? :)
 
Last edited:

renanamara

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 28, 2010
Messages
18
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Summer Amateur Coloring Contest

Dois brasileiros aqui nesse concurso, que massa! ^^

Translation:
Two brazillians on this contest, cool! ^^

I'm one of them... :P
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Summer Amateur Coloring Contest

I must be even below amateur cause these look really good for an amateur contest XD
 

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
4,777
Reaction score
2,840
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Summer Amateur Coloring Contest

Congratulations to the Winners!!
​


1st Place

Aya by [user]Farfalla[/user]

2nd Place


Madara versus Konan by [user]Roflkopt3r[/user]

3rd Place

Fairy Tail by [user]renanamara[/user]


Congratulations, Farfalla!!

Thanks for participating everyone :)
 
Last edited:

renanamara

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 28, 2010
Messages
18
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Summer Amateur Coloring Contest

Yay!!

Third Place!!! :D
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
*LOVES* Farfallas piece!!!!!!!!
 
Top