All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Uh oh, Akasunanosasori's entry is messed up~
lol yeah I noticed that :)
And buggy changed his name lol!

The results will be announced soon :S
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

And buggy changed his name lol!
I lol-ed at that too. Why the name change Buggyzee?

@ Shin - Nice Wolverine sig, he was always my favorite X-man, even before he was played by Hugh Jackman (so hot! and badass!).

Also, are all your sigs from the last few days new? If so, it seems you've been busy!
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

hehehe. Yep, I changed my username again. Me likes. Do you? :grin

For me the the results are usually announced around 3am lol.
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Yeah, I like the new name Bugzee:) How is your Fire sig coming along? I think it's good that you spend a lot of time planning out your sigs before making them, they are always so well thought out. While I just let things happen once I get an idea...


The results came out around 12:30am ADT (-4:00 GMT) last time, I guess that's 3:00am your time?
 
Last edited:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I lol-ed at that too. Why the name change Buggyzee?

@ Shin - Nice Wolverine sig, he was always my favorite X-man, even before he was played by Hugh Jackman (so hot! and badass!).

Also, are all your sigs from the last few days new? If so, it seems you've been busy!
Yes all those sigs are new. I'm kinda leveling up fast here lol.
Nothing to do anyway...
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

And buggy changed his name lol!
Yessir! :cool:

I lol-ed at that too. Why the name change Buggyzee?
I don't really know tbh. I wanted to change my username again for a while now lol, "Bugzee" just came up in my mind and I decided this is the one!


Yeah, I like the new name Bugzee:) How is your Fire sig coming along? I think it's good that you spend a lot of time planning out your sigs before making them, they are always so well thought out. While I just let things happen once I get an idea...
<hr noshade size="1">
The results came out around 12:30am ADT (-4:00 GMT) last time, I guess that's 3:00am your time?
Thanks! Well, I have yet to start on it. :sweat I've just been collecting loads of related pictures and jotting down some ideas here and there. Thanks again for the compliments dude! Much appreciated. I like coming up with several different ideas, test/try them out and see which one I like the most..from then on I just build it up....step by step. It's really fun! :)

Well, I'm in London-town. So yea, it's usually 3am-ish lol.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:confetti
The winner of the school contest has been decided, and the winner is kakashi919!!! Sometimes, heroes do get recognition, and today that happened! ;) The signature really captured the school spirit, and it even evoked a sense of autumn through its background to prepare everyone for the coming season. Nicely done! :cheerbunny
:confetti

Please be sure to wish kakashi919 your congratulations as well! :hbunny​
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:confetti
Great work Kakashi!!! Congrats on the victory, your sig was my favorite of the bunch so I'm glad to see it win.:cheerbunny
Keep up the good work.:)

It also seems that the sig contest advertising has worked, 29 votes, not as much as last time, but still better than before. And we have some new contestants. :D
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

OMG I won!! Woot!! Thank you to all the voters and everyone that participated. I honestly thought DeBaron would have won :amuse

:confetti
Great work Kakashi!!! Congrats on the victory, your sig was my favorite of the bunch so I'm glad to see it win.:cheerbunny
Keep up the good work.:)

It also seems that the sig contest advertising has worked, 29 votes, not as much as last time, but still better than before. And we have some new contestants. :D
Thanks!! :D Yes the advertising is working and maybe I should start advertising as well. Still can't believe i won :s
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:confetti
Congrats kakashi919!!!​
:confetti​

Great work. Enjoy this sweet victory! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future. I'm happy for you, dude! :D

It also seems that the sig contest advertising has worked, 29 votes, not as much as last time, but still better than before. And we have some new contestants. :D
What's most interesting to me (this week) was the fact that we had 9 votes submitted within the last hour of voting...;) During the last two weeks we've had a steady amount of votes everyday...well anyway...I sure hope the advertising will attract more participants than votes tbh. ^^
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congatulations Kakashi-san.
-------

I agree with Buggy on this one. I hope that someday, we'll have 14+ entries :) (1 each day :P)
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

lol 14 entries. We gonna need at least 50 voters for that amount of sigs XD
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I've been making ALOT of signatures lately. I don't know what the hell happened to me oO I'm just like a frigging machine here ... Maybe I should watch some scary movie to scare this madness out of me <.<
Here's another one again:

I hope Tsuki-san won't punch me for all the images I'm posting here.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

i don't know how you do it... i don't have the patience to make so many sigs
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Just for funz~
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

How's your fire sig submission coming along, Coffee? :jk
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I hope Tsuki-san won't punch me for all the images I'm posting here.
I don't mind at all really. As long as discussion related directly to the contest is still able to followed clearly, it is fine and these are signatures, which might give rise to future ideas for contests. :amuse

Just don't back yourself into a corner where you make so many lovely signatures that by the time the contests roll around you don't have any ideas. :p
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Only 4 entries for the Fire theme so far :( Hopefully Coffee and Buzgee will contribute later today.:) We need more entries!

I wonder what the new theme will be?


@ Bugzee - sorry I spelt your name wrong...wish we could edit posts in this thread.
 
Last edited:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Only five fire signatures from which to choose this time, but they all look pretty hot! ;) Which will win? You decide! Cast your vote for your favorite within a week to name the hottest of the hot!

The new theme is decided for the Sig Contest, and the theme is reflection. Your submissions can be about reflection in any sense that has some reasonable logic behind it, e.g., mirrors, glass, deep thought, etc. I forgot exactly which user suggested this theme, but kudos goes to whoever did! :hbunny (If I were to guess, I think it was Bugzee, but I know that others have also suggested themes that are on my list and I don't want to give away their credit if that is the case. :sweatdrop)
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Only 4 entries for the Fire theme so far :( Hopefully Coffee and Buzgee will contribute later today.:) We need more entries!

I wonder what the new theme will be?
<hr noshade size="1">
@ Bugzee - sorry I spelt your name wrong...wish we could edit posts in this thread.
Don't worry about it dude. I know, I hate making typo errors in this thread and unable to "edit" them as well. :( Sorry guys but I missed the deadline for the fire sig submission. T_T I was out all night and completely forgot about finishing off my sig and submitting it on time. I guess it just wasn't meant to be...

Anywhoo...here's the fire sig I was working on:

​

I got the impression that everyone would be going for the typical yellow/red firey-style effect in this contest so I thought I would go with something a bit different....blue flames baby. :cool: Marco is one of my favourite OP characters and I thought it would be cool to base my fire sig around him. It was going well...it ended up staying incomplete though. I purposely placed the WB Jolly Roger behind the "blue flames" of the Phoenix for a reason...;)

I wish you guys the best of luck for the Fire Sig Contest! It'll be interesting to see who ends up victorious in this round. :D The new theme is pretty cool and exciting. A lot possiblities with this one. :amuse
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top