All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I havent seen any discussion posts from BAN KAI ~that I remember anyways~ but I wanted to give him a thumbs up on his sig, Id like to see a PSD if you dont mind~
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@ kakashi919 - I like the fire-effect in your sig submission. Trust me, you're way better than me when it comes to making the "flames" look more realistic and natural. Dude, you should've resized the picture of Ichigonator. :( It would've looked even more awesome.

Shin really has set the level high for this contest. I saw it coming anyway since the theme is fire. Great submission by BAN KAI as well! Very impressive sig. I can't wait to see more submissions for the fire theme. :tem
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I'm sure you will submit another piece of art Buggy. Your sigs are always unique ^^ You're pretty good with combinations :D
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Arigatou Gozaimasu~ Shin-San! :wtf

It means a lot coming from an MH Artist. :worship

I haven't started yet on my sig. I'm still in search for some more inspiration and ideas. I might actually use a render from Planetrenders this time around...
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@ Kakashi - I also really like your flame effects, they look quite realistic and dynamic. I thought your school sig was nice too, very clean apperance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He guys, I've been working on my sig and was wondering if I could get any advice? I'm going for a cleaner look this week, but it just looks too simple thus far.

I'm afraid I wasn't sure how to post it here without uploading it (If you know how to do this and have some free time please PM me), so I put it on Deviant Art here.

I don't really like the appearance/presence of the quote in the middle, but it was the inspiration for the sig, so I don't want to lose it either. I really suck with text effects and making text blend into the sig. Any opinions or help with this would be most appreciated.:)
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Buggy I'm quite surprised how the flames turned out, considering it was my first time trying to get the effect. Yeah I should have spent more time on the sig. Looking back on it now, I could have done a lot more :darn

@DeBaron Wish i could help you, but i also suck with text effects and blending them into sigs, which is why most of the time i leave out the text.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

He guys, I've been working on my sig and was wondering if I could get any advice? I'm going for a cleaner look this week, but it just looks too simple thus far.

I'm afraid I wasn't sure how to post it here without uploading it (If you know how to do this and have some free time please PM me), so I put it on Deviant Art here.
You should upload your sig to an image-hosting site like Imageshack, photobucket or tinypic. Once you've uploaded it; you can use the correct code link and paste it in your post(s). Make sure you "preview" your post(s) before submitting them. If this is still kinda confusing I'll explain in greater detail a bit later for you. :sweat

I don't really like the appearance/presence of the quote in the middle, but it was the inspiration for the sig, so I don't want to lose it either. I really suck with text effects and making text blend into the sig. Any opinions or help with this would be most appreciated.:)
About your sig - I think it's a pretty cool idea. The text is an awesome idea to connect both characters and their two different "worlds" together. :tem IMO you should just need to find the right font style to go with your sig and play around with the colour schemes to match both sides of your sig. You could also add some effects or colouring to the kanji symbols to make them stand out a bit more. As for the background, the black is cool but you could try and find a background picture of the leaf village or something and see if it works. Alternatively, between the writing of "FIRE" and "WIND" you could fade in a picture of Naruto and Sasuke's fight on the Valley of the End; if I remember correctly there was one scene/panel where they both hit each other with their fists...you could use that...I think that would be cool if you can pull it off in style. Just some thoughts. You should definitely play around with it more. :)

@Buggy I'm quite surprised how the flames turned out, considering it was my first time trying to get the effect. Yeah I should have spent more time on the sig. Looking back on it now, I could have done a lot more :darn
Don't worry about it dude. I like it. :thumbs
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I got carried away... All I'm doing is making signatures WTF! I need to do something else in my freetime.
Buggy you always take your time before posting a signature :D But it's always worth it. Still, I think the most epic sig you have ever done is the One piece signature! I wonder what's up your sleeve this week.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

hahaha I know that feeling! jajaja I like taking my time with my sig submissions. I don't intentionally do it like that...sometimes I leave it to the last minute though. :darn Domo!

I agree with you. The OP sig is definitely my greatest piece so far. I don't think I'll make one better to top that one anytime soon. Dude, I'm still "gathering and researching" for the right materials to use for my sig hehe. Seriously though, I haven't started yet. I got another week so it's not like I'm in a hurry to complete it atm. :amuse
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I don't really like the appearance/presence of the quote in the middle, but it was the inspiration for the sig, so I don't want to lose it either. I really suck with text effects and making text blend into the sig. Any opinions or help with this would be most appreciated.:)

You could try adding a gradient overlay to the quote to match it with the colors of the rest of the sig...if it matches too much and makes it hard to read, I usually will add a stroke of 1 px as well.....

or highlighting certain/important words in the quote works pretty good by adding color, gradient, or something else to the words like Fire, Wind, or Only, Save, Dying~
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

A tribute to my fav kunoichi !


Kakashi, since you can't edit your entry, please make sure that you're satisfied with the results before posting them in the submission thread. :(
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

A tribute to my fav kunoichi !


Kakashi, since you can't edit your entry, please make sure that you're satisfied with the results before posting them in the submission thread. :(
Haha yeah. Honestly i tried messing with it a little more before i uploaded, but didn't like the outcome so....

Btw love the konan sig :D
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thanks a lot for the feedback everyone. :D I really appreciate it! It's already looking much better. I rearranged the middle stuff, which gave me more space, now I just need to finish that bloody text. I think I'm slowly getting closer to something I'll actually like. I might actually have it done tonight.


You should upload your sig to an image-hosting site like Imageshack, photobucket or tinypic. Once you've uploaded it; you can use the correct code link and paste it in your post(s). Make sure you "preview" your post(s) before submitting them. If this is still kinda confusing I'll explain in greater detail a bit later for you. :sweat
Yeah, I kinda thought that's what I had to do, but I was too lazy to sign up to an image hosting site. I guess I was trying to do something that doesn't exist, because I understand how to put an image in through its URL. It also thought that I should beable to do this from Deviant Art, but I can't seem to get a code/url that works outside of their website.:darn

Also, much thanks for the advice on my sig.:)
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@ Shin Akuma - Really good Konan sig. :) I have a few really super ideas in mind for a Konan sig lol but I'll probably start work on it a bit later this week or something. Nice choice of colours btw.

@ DeBaron8 - No problem. I'm looking forward to seeing your sig once it's complete. ^___^
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

That really is a nice Konan theme, Shin Akuma. :tem It makes think about adding "paper" to my list of potential themes. :plot
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010



Here's the newest version of my fire sig. It's more polished this time and something I'd actually submit. I think moving things around really helped the overall look. I wanted to keep it kinda of simple, though I my change my mind and add some more overlays, so I'll sit on it for a day or two before I sumbit it.

Again, thanks for all the advice, without it this result would not have happened. (It would have had crazy looking text everywhere)

Hope you like it.:D

@Shin - Man the text in that Konan sig is sweet, I'm so jealous after all my text difficulties.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010



Here's the newest version of my fire sig. It's more polished this time and something I'd actually submit. I think moving things around really helped the overall look. I wanted to keep it kinda of simple, though I my change my mind and add some more overlays, so I'll sit on it for a day or two before I sumbit it.

Again, thanks for all the advice, without it this result would not have happened. (It would have had crazy looking text everywhere)

Hope you like it.:D

@Shin - Man the text in that Konan sig is sweet, I'm so jealous after all my text difficulties.
Nice work. gokurosama deshita!
You have made a huge progress. Your signature looks much better now.

BTW, the the text is the last thing you're going to learn in this signature domaine. It's really hard to make a text that doesn't draw attention and looks cool at the same time.

Look:

This is a very old signature of mine. I keep it to see the progress I made. I'm sure you understand why I showed you this :) look at the text.


More crap:


I hope it's ok to show you my new sigs here :S
 
Last edited:

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@ Shin - Thanks for the examples, I don't even think that Gaara sig looks bad at all. I never realized text would be so hard, I usually always made it stand out too much, your advice really helped with that. I will try to make it blend in more in future sigs, seeing good sig examples from talented artists like you is most helpful for an amateur like myself. Thanks a lot for the support :D
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Uh oh, Akasunanosasori's entry is messed up~
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Probably a code error or something. It'll get fixed soon. You can still see it here. :thumbs
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top