Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Well, seems that SJ is changing its logo. Every SJ manga this week had its own submisison (most of them not being serious about it)
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I giggled when I saw SEVENTEEN, Non-no and Myojo on the list. :tem

I'm afraid it might be overexposure to include magazines that have nothing to do with manga. I have issues of SEVENTEEN, and only a quarter of a page has anything to do with it, which for the most part are simply recommendations.

Although it's great for Oda, his team and fans! Looking forward to the covers.
I agree :XD

I have a couple of copies of Myojo and Non-no at home as well, and it's the same. People who buy those magazines, especially Myojo, buy them for the Johnny's boys. I wonder if those rabid fangirls actually are interested in manga.

I think it'd be pretty funny to see Luffy "standing" next to say, Arashi or Kanjani8 though :p
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
I agree :XD

I have a couple of copies of Myojo and Non-no at home as well, and it's the same. People who buy those magazines, especially Myojo, buy them for the Johnny's boys. I wonder if those rabid fangirls actually are interested in manga.

I think it'd be pretty funny to see Luffy "standing" next to say, Arashi or Kanjani8 though :p
Maybe they are going to use handsome cosplayers? I am sure the J-pop fangirls won't complain then! :D
I think i remember seeing a group of really gorgeous Sket Dance cosplayers in the cover of a japanese magazine (i forget what).
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
incase , anyone had a doubt about when bleach is ending.
kubo said in jump festa that bleach will continue for another 10 years .
IF Kubo actually said that I guarantee he was joking. He has already said he is going to do one small arc (most likely the current one) and a longer one to end the series. There is no way he can keep a single arc going for ten years. And why would he? That's way overkill. If he tries I'll go to Japan and personally kill him myself :tem
 

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
He probably changed his mind and went from a miniarc and a big arc to "I'll write for at least 10 more years!"
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
IF Kubo actually said that I guarantee he was joking.
Well, I have read that horror news on 2ch a few days ago. The original quote is said to be:
* The story's at about half way through
* I'll do at least another 10 years

I still haven't recovered after hearing this... I mean, now I can really understand what Mr. Burton had in mind we he created something called "Nightmare before Christmas", though I doubt it was as frightening and mindfucking as this.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I agree :XD

I have a couple of copies of Myojo and Non-no at home as well, and it's the same. People who buy those magazines, especially Myojo, buy them for the Johnny's boys. I wonder if those rabid fangirls actually are interested in manga.

I think it'd be pretty funny to see Luffy "standing" next to say, Arashi or Kanjani8 though :p
The Myojo subscribers are busy fangirling over Johnny's groups so manga in general aren't their priority.

It would be interesting to see how the covers will be crafted for these type of magazines. To the cover design team: I say good luck!

Although I would LOVE to see Luffy stand next to one of the groups. :XD

Maybe they are going to use handsome cosplayers? I am sure the J-pop fangirls won't complain then! :D
I think i remember seeing a group of really gorgeous Sket Dance cosplayers in the cover of a japanese magazine (i forget what).
I know which cover you're talking about with the gorgeous Sket Dance cosplayers. I spent some time ogling at the cover in a local Nippon bookstore, but I also forgot which magazine it was. :darn
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
know what i think? I think KHR characters will not look out of place standing near Arashi, etc :p. Their clothes, pose and looks are already super-model type... But i have no worries, there are a lot of times where the Strawhats look really cool too.
Yeah, when i saw that cover i was happy because i thought there will be a Sket Dance dorama, but alas... :oh

@ Mr. Prince: Yeah i know what you mean. I don't bash manga series often, but reading two people staring at each other and say only a few sentences in almost every chapters starting to get in my nerve. Not to mention they all need to pause every two or three words. It is aggravating when i think that he make loads of money from that and take one spot away from more deserving series... :/
P.S. i read Bleach
 
Last edited:

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Perhaps the quote from Kubo was just a joke? :blink I'm not sure how "ten more years" will happen. That's a really long time.

know what i think? I think KHR characters will not look out of place standing near Arashi, etc :p. Their clothes, pose and looks are already super-model type... But i have no worries, there are a lot of times where the Strawhats look really cool too.
Yeah, when i saw that cover i was happy because i thought there will be a Sket Dance dorama, but alas... :oh
I certainly agree with that. :tem KHR characters would fit right in. I would love Arashi to cosplay OP though. It would be fun, I think.

There's going to be an anime for SKET so still good regardless. :3
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
The miniarc and big arc will probably take 10 years, knowing Kubo.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why wouldn't he milk Bleach for another 10 years? I mean come on now, he puts in minimal drawing and story planning effort, stretches out the chapters, repeats arcs he has already done before, and just counters that with making a bunch of new and shiny characters for Ichigo to play fight with.

And his base eats it up. Every.Single.Time. Seriously, Kubo must be thinking why bother going through that horrible process of establishing a manga and fan base all over again? If Bleach is indeed going to torment us well into the next decade Kubo will be set for life probably.
 

Animeace

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
371
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I dont get why everyone is so surprised for.XD Bleach is the youngest of the big 3 it's only natural it should end last. It'd be bs if it didnt end in 10 years. Still have all the captains bankais to see and the zero squad.

If anything should end right now it should be naruto.:p That revival jutstu is such a major hax. Kishi running out of ideas. Just get on with the madara and Sasuke fight already.

Anyone know what one shots these are saw it on SJ site
 

Animeace

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
371
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks Heji. The guy with the ghoul looking thing on his back looks interesing. Momo one looks cool as we'll.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Kubo better be joking :darn 10 years is way too long. Sure he and Shuueisha would be able to milk Bleach for all its worth, but I think as it is, Bleach is losing a lot of fans. In the first place I don't think Kubo can sustain the story that long without making it suck more than it already has come to since its former glory. If it gets any worse I'm sure even more fans will boycott it further, and stop reading it.

I certainly agree with that. :tem KHR characters would fit right in. I would love Arashi to cosplay OP though. It would be fun, I think.
That would be so, so, so awesome :wtf

I'm doing my best to hold in my inner Arashi fangirl :noworry P.S. I think Kanjani8 would be able to pull it off too. But if we're talking One Piece ie 9 crew members maybe a bigger group like Hey!Say!Jump would be needed :XD (and look there is the word "Jump" in their name, lol)
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I found a ToC, but it released too early, so I'm currently skeptical about it. But, people in 2ch saying positive, so I'll upload it just in case.

124 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2010/12/23(木) 20:56:01 ID:BBqXCN7wO
表紙 ルフィナルトトリコ一護
 
ワンピ 巻頭C
ナルト
バクマン
ブリーチ
トリコ
べるぜ C
エニグマ
こち亀
青の祓魔師(SQ) C
銀魂
いぬまる&信魂さんいらっしゃい(ニューイヤーギャグ伝 合同C)
スケット
めだか
ギャグマンガ日和(ニューイヤーギャグ伝 SQ)
カッコカワイイ宣言!(ニューイヤーギャグ伝 SQ)
黒子
リボーン
お前んち、お化け屋敷(ニューイヤーギャグ伝)
ぬらり
保健
動物園
ライトウイング

来週巻頭&表紙べるぜ
新連載なしです

126 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2010/12/23(木) 20:58:11 ID:htrMXwgD0
ついでに7号のセンターはなんでしたか?

128 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2010/12/23(木) 21:03:14 ID:BBqXCN7wO
>>126
IPPONバンビ!(読切)
バクマン
ブリーチ

130 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2010/12/23(木) 21:05:14 ID:htrMXwgD0
>>128
IPPONバンビの作者は誰ですか?

132 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2010/12/23(木) 21:11:03 ID:BBqXCN7wO
>>130
宮本和也
Issue 5/6:
Luffy, Naruto, Ichigo, Toriko (Cover)
One Piece (Lead CP)
Naruto
Bakuman
Bleach
Toriko
Beelzebub (CP)
Enigma
Kochikame
Ao no Exorcist (CP, Special Chapter)
Gintama
Inumaru (CP) & Shinkon-San Irasshai (CP, One Shot)
Sket Dance
Medaka Box
Gag Manga Biyori (CP, Special Chapter)
Kakko Kawaii Sengen! (CP, Special Chapter)
Kuroko no Basket
Reborn!
Omaenchi, Obake Yashiki (CP, One Shot)
Nurarihyon
Hokenshitsu
Oumagadoki
Light Wing

Issue 7:
Cover, Lead CP: Beelzebub
CP: Bleach, Bakuman, IPPON Bambi! (One Shot by Miyamoto Kazuya)
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Well I don't read Bleach so what do I know? LOL

Hmm, it is pretty early for TOCs so let's keep this one in mind while waiting for actual confirmation or another TOC. I won't added it to the original post yet.
 
Last edited:

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Well, according T-san (the regular OP Spoilergod) it should be possible to get a copy by the time of Wednesday or Thursday if you got some connections... he stated he himself will get his JUMP by around Monday (27th) [Japanese time].
 

Narutero-54

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 23, 2010
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fiji
Well, according T-san (the regular OP Spoilergod) it should be possible to get a copy by the time of Wednesday or Thursday if you got some connections... he stated he himself will get his JUMP by around Monday (27th) [Japanese time].
Which means that this ToC is fake?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Bleach only halfway? So that awesome manga is going to run for another 421 chapters. Kubo must have some great character introduction, some great fights, etc in mind to warrant us another 421 chapters of this great manga.

This aside, Reborn's places haven't been good as it used to be. Some other manga, *cough* Toriko *cough*, has decided to be a consistent top runner. And I am glad about that being Toriko.

Anyway, enigma confirms and the ToC looks a bit silly thanks to all those special chapters :)
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I guarantee Bleach will get cancelled before 10 years are up if Kubo's actually serious about this. Kubo is NOT Oda. He does not have the writing skills or proper planning to run the series for that long. Oda can get away with it because he knows where he's going with One Piece and has known since the beginning how he plans to end it. Kubo on the other hand has admitted to making up crap as he goes along and also admitted that he hasn't thought of an ending.

Well if he's serious then I'll be laughing 5 or so years down the line when its cancelled because he;s already dragged it on long enough. Before anyone complains I am a Bleach fan.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top