All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Also a question about the new rules for the Artists of MH, Tsukisama.
- I looked through the new list and there didnt seem to be anything that would affect me, but I was curious about the new Gallery Section... are we supposed to move everything from our Gallery threads into the actual image gallery?
You don't have to move anything. The new artist galleries in the MH Gallery are currently just options of which our artists may now take advantage if they so choose. You may still keep your thread gallery in the artist gallery forum section and just use that. :tem
 

Yaotzin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 3, 2010
Messages
35
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Christmas themes are all over forums atm, so this theme is pretty much a given.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Christmas themes are all over forums atm, so this theme is pretty much a given.
But why I don't have any ideas.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thats why it's hard to get a good idea... I dont think anyone wants to do the same thing as someone else.I for one want to do something different from everyone.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thats why it's hard to get a good idea... I dont think anyone wants to do the same thing as someone else.I for one want to do something different from everyone.
You know, I had a good idea when I read your post :P
I think someday we should choose the exact same render and try to make a good signature with it :) It's gonna be a huge challenge :P yup, when you have the same stock as others!
Anyway, I have NO IDEAS atm. I'm gonna look for inspiration on the web :S ... who knows, maybe I'll find something that fits the theme.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

You know, I had a good idea when I read your post :P
I think someday we should choose the exact same render and try to make a good signature with it :) It's gonna be a huge challenge :P yup, when you have the same stock as others!
Anyway, I have NO IDEAS atm. I'm gonna look for inspiration on the web :S ... who knows, maybe I'll find something that fits the theme.
That's not a bad idea :oh Maybe Tsukisama can arrange that for one of the themes :tem

I thought I had good ideas for this theme,but the more I think about it,its a pretty hard theme :oh Yao said there's a lot of Christmas themes around the forums, but IMO, a Christmas theme is boring -_-;
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Yeah, for me it's difficult because you use the word "good" for many many things... and obviously trying to find a concept that it's unique or surprising makes it even harder n_n

I'm going with a James Brown / I feel good signature...
but will only finish it after christmas, I still have some desserts to prepare for tonight XD
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Ah... I also thought of a sig relating to a song. Kanye West's "Good Life". I don't really want to do one like that,but if I don't have any good ideas, I may go with that. :darn
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

The ones I first thought of where
"Good Gone Bad" for those characters that were corrupted or forced into evil

"The Line Between Good And Evil" for those that treaded that very line

"Looking Good" for those that were eye pleasing

and "Good Tasting" for fooooooooooood!
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Wow! I am surprised that this theme is proving to be so difficult. I actually thought that this would be one of the easier themes! :sweatbunny

You know, I had a good idea when I read your post :P
I think someday we should choose the exact same render and try to make a good signature with it :) It's gonna be a huge challenge :P yup, when you have the same stock as others!
Anyway, I have NO IDEAS atm. I'm gonna look for inspiration on the web :S ... who knows, maybe I'll find something that fits the theme.
That's not a bad idea :oh Maybe Tsukisama can arrange that for one of the themes :tem

I thought I had good ideas for this theme,but the more I think about it,its a pretty hard theme :oh Yao said there's a lot of Christmas themes around the forums, but IMO, a Christmas theme is boring -_-;
That sounds interesting. If you guys have an interest in something like that, then we could certainly try it. :amuse

I would be interested to see if others also would like to do a theme like this. I have been told in the past that one of the best elements of this contest is the freedom to choose one's own images to use and seeing the different images people picture for a given idea.

So, please share your thoughts on this, and if there is enough of a positive response to this idea, then you shall see a theme of this nature in 2011! :tem
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Tsuki: If the world's most powerful people were like you, the world would've been a better place ...
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

You know, I had a good idea when I read your post :P
I think someday we should choose the exact same render and try to make a good signature with it :) It's gonna be a huge challenge :P yup, when you have the same stock as others!
Anyway, I have NO IDEAS atm. I'm gonna look for inspiration on the web :S ... who knows, maybe I'll find something that fits the theme.
I would like this Tsukisama, as long as it was a decent stock(s)/render(s)~~


and I mean 'Decent' as in Quality~




 
Last edited:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010


:confetti
The winner of the light sig contest has been decided, and the brightest signature luminary is
~Coffee~! :whoabunny
Simple and clean, Hikari Tama, like just about all of ~Coffee~'s signatures, is based around a stunning render used to great effect. The light orb is whimsical and beautiful. The human character's expression is one of wonder that draws the viewer into piece and evokes the feeling of beginning to start an amazing adventure, almost saying "a bright future awaits!" Plus, the red scarf and headphones look pretty cool too. :amuse

Good job, ~Coffee~, and keep on shining! :tem
:confetti

Please be sure to wish ~Coffee~ congratulations on his brilliant victory. :)​

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas! You have one more week to submit for the good sig contest. Don't let missing the deadline be a New Year's regret! ;)
 
Last edited:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratulations Coffee. (I wanna see Bugzee's reactionnn :P).
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratulations Coffee! :confetti

Lol! Bugz gonna flip out :lmao
 

darkdana666

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
238
Reaction score
183
Gender
Female
Country
Serbia
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratulations Coffee! It's a lovely sig! :nod
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Seriously though...wtf. I should've just google imaged "angler fish"; picked a random picture, imported it into PS and made it the focus of my "sig" with a black background. Kudos to Coffee winning the light theme. A very easy win. I'm not hatin' on you, I just don't feel too comfortable anymore with the voting process. It's not the first time we've witnessed a sudden surge or "jump" in votes in the last couple of days or hours in fact. :neutral

I don't have much time to make a sig for the current theme. It's never about the "diffculty" or lack of ideas for a said theme. Time management, arguably, plays a more important role. Unlucky to Shin. I seriously thought you would become the eventual winner. :hug

@ kakashi and DeBaron - you guys have drastically improved and developed your skills/ideas in these bi-weekly sig contests over the months lol. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with in the near future as I feel you two have a lot more to offer. :)

I hope all of you had an awesome Christmas and if I don't see you guys in the coming days then...I wish you all a very Happy New Year!

:confetti​
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congraz Coffee!
It's easy to like the sig. After all, even a simple concept can look amazing, and this one does.

I even had an idea for this week, but I'll be off for a week from tomorrow on, so no chance :(
Well, I'll try to participate again when I'll be back on 2nd or 3rd of january
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Unlucky to Shin. I seriously thought you would become the eventual winner. :hug
It's already clear that the votes are not signature oriented. People tend to vote for the render itself: that means that they vote for the manga or the character used in the signature :D

If you choose something unpopular as the base of your signature, you won't get votes :P... So, if the signature is not manga-oriented, you will have less chances of winning a signature contest in a manga community ^^
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

So true shin, you're point was proved with that nice One Piece sig a while back that pulled in twice as many votes on itself than the entire group usually does~

Though, to tell the truth, I have NO idea what the render is from that made it so popular *or if it even was the render?*- (if anyone knows, I would like to know as well) as usual, I had just gathered several renders from my collection and tried a few ideas and that one seemed to be the one most liked when I showed the different ideas......

and I had no Idea that it would get that many votes.... I think that is the most votes any of my submissions have received to this point


Seriously though...wtf. I should've just google imaged "angler fish"; picked a random picture, imported it into PS and made it the focus of my "sig" with a black background.
- LOL, this is actually the type of things I was looking for in a render, so its funny that you would mention that~ and an angler fish would have been a nice idea~



and Tsukisama should be a writer or something! XD
(TY everyone~)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top