All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

lolwtf.

I wasn't implying such a thing. The red, black and yellow effects remind me of your strength submission. That's all. ^^

You shouldn't be worrying about that. Look at me. The way I'm going at the moment...I don't think I'll even have a sig submission for Winter Seasonal Contest. You're on a roll and kashy is infront of me. :darn


...but it's all good. I can't wait to start work on my sig submission. :D
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

you havent even started yet???
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Nope. :darn

I'm still thinking over a few things. I usually make a "base" sketch of the sig and figure out where I want to place certain objects/pieces in my sig before I actually start the real one. This isn't always the process I take but when I have a concrete idea and an overall view on the way I would like it to look...then this kind of "method" if you like naturally occurs. xDDD!
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

To make sure that the render site suggestions the ~Coffee~ offered don't get lost, I added them to the Sig Contest Info Hotspot thread. So, be sure to continue looking for renders you like for the same render contest! Nomination phase is scheduled to begin in about two weeks!
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Sweet! I have a few renders I would like to share and submit for the voting phase. I also have a few other ideas in regards to the render contest. I will post and explain all of it very soon. Just bare with me for the time being. :s
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@ Coffee- Thanks a lot for the feedback on my coloring, the blood is the main part that I have not finished. I need to add more and smudge what I currently have in certain areas, so I will try to fix it. About your new sigs, I like both the 2nd and 3rd ones, though I'm on my old CRT monitor at the moment so I can't see much of a difference between those two. I'm sure they'll look even better to me when I look on my other computer.

I also just remembered that I have some neat renders of swordsmen that I never used, I think they're from video games, not sure which ones, but I will post them sometime soon.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

the 3rd one just has scanline effect added to it, in attempt to add more depth to the arm~
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

the 3rd one just has scanline effect added to it, in attempt to add more depth to the arm~
Yeah, I can see it now that I changed computers. I think I like the one without scanlines better.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

It got so silent in here again -

hows it looking now? =
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Sweet! I have a few renders I would like to share and submit for the voting phase. I also have a few other ideas in regards to the render contest. I will post and explain all of it very soon. Just bare with me for the time being. :s
Ok...so here's the renders I would like to put forward for everyone to consider:

​

I didn't just randomly pick ones I liked or thought were appealing. We've all pretty much learned or grasped everyone's style/approach to these sig contests and I picked ones that I feel have a lot of creative potential lol. Picture perfect renders are not what I would classify them as. I feel the most important thing is the flexibilty of that said render. If that makes sense. ><

@ Tsuki - I have a few questions about the render contest:

- Besides the chosen render, are we going to be given a particular theme to work with as well?
- Do we have one week to vote for the chosen render? I assume everyone on MH will be able to vote, right? o.O
- Upon the result of the render voting phase...are there going to be any additional rules during that contest compared to that of the normal sig setup?

On another note:

I was thinking about the MH Special Sig Anniversary contest/setup and I was thinking...maybe we could change it up a bit this year? Depending on how well this render contest goes off course. Maybe, we could implement and improve upon the render contest and apply something similar for the Annual Special Sig Contest!? :plot

Too many questions!? xDDD! :faint
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

The renders look very nice, Bugzee! :hbunny

@ Tsuki - I have a few questions about the render contest:

- Besides the chosen render, are we going to be given a particular theme to work with as well?
- Do we have one week to vote for the chosen render? I assume everyone on MH will be able to vote, right? o.O
- Upon the result of the render voting phase...are there going to be any additional rules during that contest compared to that of the normal sig setup?
Answers in order:
  1. The theme shall be called "same render." Having to implement the same art as everyone else seems like enough restriction on the creative process. :amuse
  2. The voting shall work the same as the voting to decide the winner of a contest. There is one week to vote, and any member of the site can vote.
  3. No. Besides requiring that all submissions include the chosen render, it will be a regular sig contest. :)

On another note:

I was thinking about the MH Special Sig Anniversary contest/setup and I was thinking...maybe we could change it up a bit this year? Depending on how well this render contest goes off course. Maybe, we could implement and improve upon the render contest and apply something similar for the Annual Special Sig Contest!? :plot

Too many questions!? xDDD! :faint
Well, for the anniversary, I like how it gives everyone the opportunity to reuse a previous theme of their choice. There are a lot of good themes that have already been done, and it would be a shame if some who were not involved with the contest at the time were not given the chance to experience them. Plus, it forces users to look at the Sig Contest Hall of Fame and past contests to see what has been done and experience a bit of the history of this contest. ;)

That being said, if this same render contest proves successful and well-received, we could look into doing the same thing again, perhaps even on a regular basis. Any thoughts or suggestions that you have on how to improve the same render contest are welcome and appreciated. :lovebunny
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@ Bugzee -
I really like the yellow one and the FMA one, though Im not sure if my ideas for that one would make an acceptable sig~ (Some cool ideas for it though)

ps - I also like the darkwing duck pic you have now~
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@ Bugzee - I like the Soul Caliber and GTA IV renders.

@ Coffee - I like the newest version of your sig. I think the lighting on the chest and face look better now. Though, I do agree with one of Bugzee's earlier statements that the left side of the sig really looks a lot like your strength submission.

I'm going to try to post some of the renders I found, though I'm not sure if I know how to get the thumbnails to work from the sites I used. I tried to find a variety of subjects, nevertheless I still found myself looking for renders of people I always wanted to make sigs with, but haven't done so yet. So let's just say there are some Naruto ones in there.


Ok, here's the renders I found. I tried to pick ones that were HQ. Somehow I ended up with a lot of Kakashi ones, I guess I really want to make a sig with him in the future. I had difficulties getting thumbnails and images for some of the renders, so I just posted them the best I could. Sorry for the inconvience.




These links to some more renders that I couldn't get the image links to work.

http://www.planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pid=9553&fullsize=1

http://www.planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pid=48035&fullsize=1

http://www.planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pid=43850&fullsize=1

http://www.planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pid=45719&fullsize=1

http://www.planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pid=9082
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

is it really that bad that it sorta reminds you of one of my other sigs???


 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Nothing's wrong with them. Coffee, you should take it easy. :hug

The colours and patterns are similar. Anyone can see that. Nothing's "bad" about them. :notrust

@ Debaron8 - Cool renders. I like the look of the first render titled "Shinsengumi Kitan". :thumbs I couldn't see the non-thumbnail renders because I haven't registered on that particular render website. You can't view them as a "guest". :darn


Coffee...you like my new avy? Arigatou~ :love
 
Last edited:

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@ Coffee - Trust me, neither one of your sigs are bad. All your stuff is better than anything I'll ever make. Plus, I think the strength one was pretty damn sweet and should've got more votes than it did. I was only commenting that the new sig reminded me of the older one. They actually look less similiar than I thought, it's just the effects and text that look alike, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

@Bugzee - I actually put the renders in order from my most to least favorite, so I really like the "Shinsengumi Kitan" one too. It's too bad the links don't work for non-members, I didn't realize that. I couldn't figure out what code I needed to get them as images, I'll look into it again or mabye someone else who uses Planetrenders could help me out?
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Everyone seems to really like the Hakuoki renders~

for Debaron -





 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I could work with that cute lil Hinata render for sure. :hurr

I still think the Hakuoki render is one that stands out to me the most out of DeBaron's batch. :amuse
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

There are only a few days left until the future contest is over, and so far only kakashi919 has submitted anything. How is everyone else coming along on their potential submissions for this contest? :)

I am hoping for a good turn out, but at this point, the future is beginning to look a tad bleak. :worrybunny
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

There are only a few days left until the future contest is over, and so far only kakashi919 has submitted anything. How is everyone else coming along on their potential submissions for this contest? :)

I am hoping for a good turn out, but at this point, the future is beginning to look a tad bleak. :worrybunny
I think at least a few more of us have things in the works. I will submit mine in the next 24 hours.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top