Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I intend on choosing the easiest class to play with the easiest build on an easy setting. I only want to play it for the story, and so that I have a save file to load into ME2 (in prep for ME3).
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

i'm caught between me2 and mastering subnetting techniques. seems they don't go well together.
what if they do? you'd be like neo. you can see 1s and 0s in me2.

@MD- Have you tried looking in Canada? I keep on hearing about people moving there since they're trying to get more people to live in all that surplus land...
tried that as well, its a bit complicated now when they tightened the immigration rules.

NZ and AUS too have excellent and easy programs for immigration of professionals. You might want to take a shot.
yeah, been trying that as well. kinda hard to find a company there who has immigration direct credentials.

i'll just PRAY HARD nlang cguro. baka may mangyari pa.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Theres this place in Australia that's in the middle of the desert. My friend tells me that if you live there for 3 straight years, you'll be granted citizenship. If you get the citizenship, you can apply for a dual, and it'll make moving around the world easier, allowing you more opportunities.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Last edited:

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Theres this place in Australia that's in the middle of the desert. My friend tells me that if you live there for 3 straight years, you'll be granted citizenship. If you get the citizenship, you can apply for a dual, and it'll make moving around the world easier, allowing you more opportunities.
oh, that's nice. 3 years aint bad. kahit desert basta may technology, ok na yun.

seeing 0-255's more like.
and font color is luminous green.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

true 3d games haven't been invented yet, kuro. whatever way you put it you only see 2 dimensions.
Lol of course I'm talking about 3D rendered games. The study I read primarily looks at FPS shooters, but the same principles also apply to first-person POV games like the TES series, ME, KotOR and JE.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@MJ- I was able to handle KOTOR well since I could pause... but anything that's both an FPS and fast paced, I hurl.

@Hunt- I pre-ordered my copy out of loyalty and got all 3 DA2 DLCs for free, that's good enough for me. :D

What's better, a Vanguard or a Soldier? Oh, and if I load my ME1 save, does my ME2 Shepard retain the class of the ME1 save?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

vanguard = shotgun-focused charging front liner with biotics.
soldier = full access to all weapon types, lack of biotic/tech offset by adrenaline ability. I recommend this for a true fps experience.

(though personally i'd go with an infiltrator xD)

re: save
you get rebuilt by cerberus in the opening
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Yeah, infiltrator is the best. They can get soldier-like combat bonuses plus can do the thief stuff.

But biotics are still a more fun experience.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I'm looking for a total steamroll build. Minimal cover, maximum rape. Which one is better?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

go sentinel. it got tech armor which explodes when you take too many hits. explosion can knock the enemies off their feet. be aware that you'd be solely CQB mode when using weapons most of the time then.

on the plus side, you got anti-shield tech and biotics such as throw and warp. seems pretty rape to me.

(except for the last boss, which i presume you'd use your heavy weapons to make a permanent solution)
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Everyone is telling me different things... My friend told me to roll a Soldier, the forums are torn between Vanguards and Adepts, and now you're telling me to go Sentinel. zzzzzz...

For some reason, Mass Effect keeps on glitching on me. I can run DA2 on high smoothly, but for some reason Mass Effect (set to medium) is a bitch.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

-_- The problem with having a supervisor the same age as you is that... it's hard to communicate.

Our sous chef sure can cook and she's damn good on the line, but management-wise, she sucks. I don't even wanna go into the details.

What do you do when your rights as stated by the labor code are violated but you don't wanna quit your job? :ck
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@l4pb
tried patching it?

@bb
you suck it up and get numb to criticism?


ps. l4pb you said minimum cover. biotics take cover most of the freakin time.
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@BB- You just have to grin and bear it. I've worked in two other kitchens and one hotel before deciding to finally go back to college, and there was always at least one person that I couldn't stand (who was my superior or has been there longer than me). If you really love your job, then you'll be able to muster the will to just ignore them.

@Hunt- Patching right now. I saw a video of some dude just charging head first into random mobs as a Vanguard... looked pretty cool.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

dude, criticism is not a problem for me because I'm mature enough, and I'm actually doing a good job.

she doesn't know how to handle a team, that's what. Her leadership sucks. Like, how do you tell your boss that? Here's how: you can't. :oh Especially because the HR is also estranged to us. We have no system of communication for our concerns. We don't have meetings, which is essential in running a team, it's a basic leadership thing. Corny, sure, but it goddamn matters.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@bb
-open forums and focus group discussions always yields positive outcomes, be it small or big. but first, you have to 'win the crowd' before you throw in a suggestion like this. its always wise to have sub woofer than a satellite speaker.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

well can your leader handle criticism like a mature person bb?

@l4pb
i think i'm gonna roll a sentinel for a third playthrough. focusing on biotics when shielded enemies are immune to it is kinda annoying.

but at any rate, get the nuke gun - called cain or something like that. always goes with a BANG (but unless you got the arrival dlc, it's a one shot per mission.)
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

ngerk. before I can rally anyone to any side, there is no forum to be had. Like, how do you start one if you're not the sup? tangna.

I really hate it when she compares her work times with ours when she's better compensated and shit. Duh, she's at supervisory level, she's paid a fixed rate, so of course her hours and times don't matter to us measly employees. Our rates are daily, we have no other motivation to keep working other than proper treatment and respect of our human rights. Or pure love for the job. but not everybody has the latter.

I'm mature enough to let things get by, since I can also understand how the business works. But for the rest of the employees without education, they will never understand unless they are talked to about it, or if they are made to see the big picture.

We've had 5 incidents in one month about hair in the food. And I look at them and they deny it (sous chef included) when their hairs are all over the place (she doesn't even tie her hair!!!! she just bundles it up hoping the bandana will hold it but busy times would cause them to fall). I politely shared to her my experience with other kitchens, how I really keep my hair in place with some fifty hair clips, etc. Then she tells me she doesn't have the time for it.

She, being the sous chef, should understand that 2 minutes of her day to keep her hair tidy is going to save her years of reputation. Besides, how could she still deny this after 5, I repeat, FIVE Complaints within a month of opening??? And she doesn't even understand that! And I couldn't tell her this because she was the goddamn sous chef and I was a mere contractual.

I don't even want to go into other details about breaks, staff meals, and days off. The list really goes on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top