Hangout - Tower of God Hangout & Q/A Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Host Samurai

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Author: SIU
Artist: SIU
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance, Supernatural

Summary: What do you desire? Fortune? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all others? What ever you desire, that is here. Tower of God.

You really can't call it a summary so, I will personally write a summary of the first chapter and put it in a spoiler tag.

In the Tower of God, that said Tower grants, the one who climbs the top of it with whatever one desires such as power, money, knowledge etc. Baam a young boy decides to climb the Tower in order to find his only friend, a young girl called Lahel. However the journey is a long and a dangerous one with many obstacles. Will Baam find Lahel or die in the process?

I enjoy this manwha because in a way it reminds of the good old days of Hunter x Hunter. The author was definitely influenced by it but nevertheless it has it's own charm, which is also a good thing. I especially like the character interactions and the well thought 'power system'. I would recommend this manwha to anyone who likes adventures mangas/manwhas in general.

http://www.mangareader.net/1757/tower-of-god.html

Here are some additional information about the Tower of God, who are important and relevant for the story. The link contains information about the 7 high Rankers, 13 month series weapon, some detailed information about Shinsoo and so on.

Here you can post about simple questions related to Tower of God as well as the specific answers.
Please keep in mind to not ask anything that can only be answered by the author :)

Last edited by a moderator:

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Re: [Ongoing] Tower of God by SIU

When I started to read it, I had the impression that I have already seen Baam design somewhere else but I can't remember who.
Anyway I agree it's an entertaining lecture.

I particulary enjoyed the chapter of last week.

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany

I also enjoyed the chapter, especially when the ranker taught Baam that stunning/paralyzing technique. Now that Baam knows it, he could use it against him in order to catch his badge and thus passing the test.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

Well I don't think Quant is weak enough to be caught by its own technic.
Except if Baam is able to make it using two rooms. That could be the spectacular thing his teacher was talking about before the team B test start.

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Well I don't think Quant is weak enough to be caught by its own technic.
Except if Baam is able to make it using two rooms. That could be the spectacular thing his teacher was talking about before the team B test start.
Quant was already humiliated by Koon in the previous test, he won't make the same mistake twice. But what I think is that, Baam's recent feat will allow him to pass this test. Or he will just like his teacher said impress us once again. On the other hand with the new acquired skill of Baam they could snatch away Quant's badge, only if they work as a team. It would like this Baam paralyzes him and Androssi, who is the fastest out of their group could steal it and make a run for it.

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

I'm glad i picked this one, i'm at chapter 34, it's really above average shounen. I think i'll read more webtoons from now, i really start to love them.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

scav how is it possible, I read this one before you. I could have sweared I started it based on your recommandation ! :-)

I can't wait to see the test level end, I'm really curious to see what happen next and how will the story developed

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall

well i haven read all manhwa :p thought i still don't know why i haven't read this one earlier :XD
btw i'm done catching up with chapter 49, the team B is really pissing me off.All of them so lame :XD

also i think the one who send the letter is the jahad princess, can't say why. However i hope Baam will learn something out of this fuss and find his own reason to climb the tower. If his only goal on this story stay to "protect Lahel", that won't do it.

I hope we will have some character development, Baam was alone all his life, now that he's meeting people and discovering the world. i hope his goal who was to protect and follow Jahel will evolve into something greater. Also i hope his side "why violence, i want to protect everybody, even my enemies" will change a bit, kinda remind me why i hate naruto :XD

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany

well i haven read all manhwa :p thought i still don't know why i haven't read this one earlier :XD
btw i'm done catching up with chapter 49, the team B is really pissing me off.All of them so lame :XD

also i think the one who send the letter is the jahad princess, can't say why. However i hope Baam will learn something out of this fuss and find his own reason to climb the tower. If his only goal on this story stay to "protect Lahel", that won't do it.
I'm glad that you like it so far, our little community needs to grow even further :D.
I also agree with you that team b sucks compared to team a, they are betraying each other without hesitation! The thing I liked the most in the chapter was Baam standing alone at the top of the Tower with the black march. Now to the jahad princess, I think that she is beginning to like Baam, the same way Yuri did (the princess who gave him the black march).

Btw the raw for chapter 50 is out! http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=183559&no=51&weekday=mon

Last edited:

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Tower of God by SIU

Its kind of hard to tell whats going on this chapter, with all dialogue.
Although the last part....

Baam seems to have had enough.....

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Its kind of hard to tell whats going on this chapter, with all dialogue.
Although the last part....

Baam seems to have had enough.....
It somehow saddens me that we still don't have a translation of this chapter. :(

It's seems like Baam will show us something awesome soon. The way he stood up and looked at the fight between Andossi vs Quant.
My prediction for the next chapter is that while Androssi vs Quant are fighting a heated battle, Baam will strike the moment Quant shows any weakness, he will take his badge this way Team B will pass.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States

@Host - we have to wait for the company for the scans. :scry

Since they're the only ones doing the scans for this series.

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany

@Host - we have to wait for the company for the scans. :scry

Since they're the only ones doing the scans for this series.
Are they the only group who are scanlanting TOG? This is really unfortunate...waiting for it can be painful sometimes. :(

By the way who is/are your favourite characters so far? Agonizing over it won't make the release faster, right? :D

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States

The Company is the only one I know doing it. They're doing an awesome job with so many releases. Although, I too wish Tog would come out faster but we cant get everything we wish for. :shakefist

Baam is rather interesting. I keep thinking there is more to him, not because he is fast learner the tower but going back to chapter one.
How he was alone in the world he came from until Lahle met him. They mystery behind his character is rather intriguing. So for tower of God, I pick him.

Oddly for most manhwa and mangas alike, I tend to like the main characters. If I had to pick another character, I'd pick the swordsman character (I forget his name)
Along with Lizzard girl (forgets name and Androsi)

I liked the lizzard girls back story - it was touching.[

Oh and those two dudes that ditched the swords men. I liked them too because of the comedic humor they brought.

Last edited:

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall

til now i like Baam and crocrodile ( he's really funny,specially when he yell : turtle ), i also like the guy with the bag and the guy who's always sleeping.
the lizard is the char that i hate the most, she's really annoying :s

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

the chapter with her fighting the other princess was the most boring chapter to me. i was like "jeez should i just skip this chapter" :XD

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany

The Company is the only one I know doing it. They're doing an awesome job with so many releases. Although, I too wish Tog would come out faster but we cant get everything we wish for. :shakefist

Baam is rather interesting. I keep thinking there is more to him, not because he is fast learner the tower but going back to chapter one.
How he was alone in the world he came from until Lahle met him. They mystery behind his character is rather intriguing. So for tower of God, I pick him.

Oddly for most manhwa and mangas alike, I tend to like the main characters. If I had to pick another character, I'd pick the swordsman character (I forget his name)
Along with Lizzard girl (forgets name and Androsi)

I liked the lizzard girls back story - it was touching.[

Oh and those two dudes that ditched the swords men. I liked them too because of the comedic humor they brought.
Thanks for the information:super
I also think that there is more to Baam, I hope that the whole incident has triggered something in him. To become more determined or to find a goal for himself to climb the tower and not chasing after Lahel anymore.

til now i like Baam and crocrodile ( he's really funny,specially when he yell : turtle ), i also like the guy with the bag and the guy who's always sleeping.
the lizard is the char that i hate the most, she's really annoying :s
My favourite characters are definitely the main trio. Baam, Koon and Crocodile (forgot his name lol) they are all well balanced and funny. :D Then following after the main cast: Ship Leesu that dude is funny as hell first, he was bragging with his 'killer arts' and then in the test I laughed so hard when he told Anak to go on with his 'daddy believes in you' line. :D :D
After him follows Hatsu, Laure, the director, Androssi and Quant.

chapter is out!!!http://www.mangareader.net/tower-of-god/50

Last edited:

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

My favourite is Baam and koon i dont like the princess' that much
and i dont like lael at all, her avarice aint cute
btw this show feels like hunter x hunter
only better drawings and the nen intoduced earlier :)

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany

My favourite is Baam and koon i dont like the princess' that much
and i dont like lael at all, her avarice aint cute
btw this show feels like hunter x hunter
only better drawings and the nen intoduced earlier :)
I kinda agree with you the girls in this manwha aren't good developed like the guys. And I also feel the same way about ToG having an HxH vibe. :D