Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

nothing beats the awkwardness of being the lone mavs fan in a room of disgruntled heat/lbj fans.
And also the money-making capability. I heard there were lots of filled pockets of #41 Jersey wearers :D.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@ate BB: So much manga titles... I want some recommendations from the Seinen genre since I want to venture on that. xD
ahem... what would you want in seinen? the funny, the thriller, the awesome, the dark, the slice of life?

you could start with seinen anime too, if you liked.

I'm not a Mavs fan myself (being that I'm a Spur which is their Texas rival) but seeing them win (especially Dirk) made me very happy.
Truthfully I'm both a Mavs and Heat fan. I was rooting for the two teams to reach the finals. But when the match-up was decided, I had to make a choice, and my gut told me Dirk was going to be a monster all season. hehe.

And yeah, I also know a lot of Miami fans, too, Coach Spo being a Filipino or not. Usually they're also the Barangay Ginebra fans.
ah talaga? i didn't know that... hihi.
 

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

ahem... what would you want in seinen? the funny, the thriller, the awesome, the dark, the slice of life?

you could start with seinen anime too, if you liked.
I'm not into animes anymore since it take long to accomplish than reading manga. I'm interested in thrillers like Urusawa's and dark too, like Berserk.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Well then there you have it.

Of course, seinen anime can be quite definite and... well, time-bound. a lot end in 13 eps.

Naoki Urasawa's works are completed works- the Monster anime was completed in 82 eps or something. I didn't read the manga (i did, up to vol 2) because I realized the anime was so faithful to the story, so it was kind of redundant doing both.

20th Century Boys was one of my first seinen reads that flabbergasted my brain and made me realize there's more to life than shoujo and shounen. I loved it. It's a must try for newbie seinen readers, IMO. :salsa

So you're telling me you haven't read berserk yet? Are you a virgin? Coz it probably matters in reading dark seinen such as berserk, lol.

Gantz is also a famous seinen, but it's not for everybody. Most find it stupid, but it's because it's like revealing humanity at its very core when crisis comes. And a lot of characters act stupid because of panic, which is very true compared to real life so... Well it's good to read Gantz all in one go, since the entire manga is BATTLESCENES in awesome art. It's nice to read it fast paced, as it ought to have happened.

Vinland Saga is one of my favorite seinen because it's action packed, but with a deep-rooted story, plus some historic background to it (vikings, goths, celts, that kinda thing). It was first printed in a shounen magazine, and as the story deepened it was moved to seinen. Which might appeal easily to you because of that.

Maybe you're too young for some slice-of-life? The best seinen (and josei) come from that category. I love it because I believe it's where one of the contemporary manga can be found, and where poetry is at its subtlest. Yet to make poetry out of the mundane everyday life is really beautiful, so it's great to read works like that.


BTW, san ka ba nag aaral? anu course mo? san ka nakatira? may girlfriend? lol.
 

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Nagbasa na ako ng Berserk, though I'm still catching up. It really was an eye-opener of the dark Seinen category. Since I'm used to reading Shonen, the experience I've had reading Berserk was incredible. I've read Monsters, watched the first movie of 20th CB, and I'm planning to read Pluto soon. And Vagabond, love Inoue's art. :3

I dunno about Gantz since what other story-telling experts I know from other boards says that Gantz is pretty garbage especially the latest volumes. And they said that the author was just throwing random things in his work. Some said it's the way of the author, and said that Gantz is a comedy series hidden in darkness (since it really was the author's goal, hiding humor).

I wanna try VS too, since everyone recommends it when it comes to seinen mangas.



Sa TUP-Manila po ako nag-aaral. Fourth year na taking BSECE. Dito po kami sa Caloocan (malapit sa Martinez Hospital). At wala po akong gf. lololol
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

ah some other engineering guy like the rest of these guys...

Vagabond is one of my favorites as well. Inoue is my god, :worship I thought twice in recommending it to you since you didn't pick it out of the choices- and I considered it only to be in the cool category :cheez

you should visit us in the seinen forums, the recommendations are pretty lively there. (click on my siggeh).

Madami na akong nabasang manga, but some titles I've forgotten already, unless it's mentioned again. Like some familiar faces you don't know you've already encountered until you saw them again- in short, mga so-so titles.

btw guys, kamusta na ang OP? I stopped reading from the fishman island arc. I figured I'd let the chapters pile up again then play catchup.



and, on naruto- if... (I'm just sharing this, out of the blue), by chance, it should end, I don't know if I ought to read it again (after 5 years of desertion :ghost) just to give it the honor it USED to have deserved.

I mean, it was one of the first titles that made me read shounen- and it really got me hooked for its first three years and all... and Naruto is still kinda one of my favorite characters ever. and I fear it might feel weird if it should end and I didn't know what ever would happen to them kids after all these years. :narutokyu
 

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Oh, thanks! I'll try to lurk there one of these days. :D

About OP, read it. As in now. The latest chapter that was released a while ago has some interesting twists.


BTW, how about you, ate? Where do you work? Saan nakatira? How much of a manga/anime fan are you?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

The latest chapter that was released a while ago has some interesting twists.
I especially liked the part when Zoro opened his left eye, said "you're not the only one training for two years Naruto" and unleashed his Mangekyo Sharingan.
 

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I especially liked the part when Zoro opened his left eye, said "you're not the only one training for two years Naruto" and unleashed his Mangekyo Sharingan.
Shush... You're spoiling it!!!
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

holy moron i was laughing my guts out at abs-cbn's take on their popular remade teleserye director who was shanked by the boy he picked up for sex.

still the inquirer article's comments are way better.
What was ABS's take? I heard it in one of their newsflashes and when the keywords "director", "stabbed", "young man", and "facebook" were uttered, I immediately knew it was a gay pick-up gone wrong :P.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Naruto's been so-so lately, mostly because it's obvious fanservice disguised as plot. I want to go back to One Piece, but I dropped it since that stupid escape from prison arc and am too lazy to catch up.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

What was ABS's take? I heard it in one of their newsflashes and when the keywords "director", "stabbed", "young man", and "facebook" were uttered, I immediately knew it was a gay pick-up gone wrong :P.
tried searching for the video but it seems they didn't upload the clip. so here's the so-so article that establishes mr. pickup boy as a truly dastardly evil man from hell.

oh hell here it is. seems i didn't pay any attention to their links panel on the left.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I want to go back to One Piece, but I dropped it since that stupid escape from prison arc and am too lazy to catch up.
But... that was Ace's... :wtf



and! in other news. I got fired yesterday. hooha.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

aww. poor bb. /patpat
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Foreign bosses, misunderstandings, politics, among other things. Well, life must go on.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

For my 2,000th post: Leaving for Manila on Monday, final interview for a Helpdesk post for Autodesk Singapore. Your prayers are most welcome. Thank you guys.
 

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@BB, pfft. I feel sorry for you. Good that you're accepted it optimistically, or not? :x

@md, goodluck!!
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

that is SO AWESOME MD!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

oh you know what, I got my job back. a matter of tears in front of the executive chef kinda worked. :cookiestare

I start work again tomorrow. damn, I woulda wanted another day off.

MD, true enough, I shall pray for you. One thing I learned after this firing incident is what my mother told me. I need to learn to pray. >.> And so, I'm taking in donations if you want me to say prayers for you. :noworry
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

... so they did a "i'ma fire you but i'ma hire you in 2 days again"? just checked my calendar, it doesn't say april 1st.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top