Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess that I'm in limbo regarding a friendship with a classmate. It's bouncing between happy, normal, awful, to just talking about the weather. Part of it has to do with that he's 20 and I'm 16, and we're both at a premier university. We were lab partners in the honors physics class and study group partners last year.

One night after we at at the cafe together, he admitted that he thought I was interested in him and that I was his type and all, but *insert random reason here*. I was totally bemused at the time. We continued to have strange 3-6 hour conversations, like how he talked about his lack of success with women (he emphasized *older* women) and I brought up my social debacle that cost me my neutral relations with my dorm floor in summer.

Our conversations started to get belligerent, til the week before the final exams, he basically told me I was immature and that it was obvious to everyone that I was my age - 16 - and I didn't belong there. He also implied that the other girl (who's 16 too) in my study group who I admire a lot was more mature than me. I broke down crying and haven't talked to him in depth since (mainly since I haven't had a chance, it was finals and then he went home to SoCal).

I did meet with him in my study group the day of the final, where he continued to be belligerent. When I gave presents to everyone in my study group, I gave him a star map and told him that I'd quiz him in fall to see if he read it. The look on his face was a puzzled "oh I had thought you were a cold hearted bitch but you're not?" look.

That was two months ago. It tore me up after the semester. It's also been compounded by my friend who I mentioned (my age and doing better than me in much harder work, I admired her a lot!) turned her back on me (defriended me, blocked me on her phone - and I don't know a damn thing that happened!)

Now he's talking to me a bit more pleasantly after a month of rather innocuous communication. This all came back to me as I was listening to the band Amaranthe, which reminded me of him. I even posted a lyric that I thought reminded me of him. I was somewhat flattered in my mind that he commented that if I were 1.000.000 lightyears away, I'd be in a dead space between galaxies and I'd need to fix my Galactic positioning system.

Sigh. I just don't get it. I wish we could just have a decent friendship, not this cold war. I'm not interested in more, though I do like him a lot. I just wanted a friendship. I don't know how to deal with this.

This isn't my first interaction with guys too - I have an older brother and several other friendships.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,283
Reaction score
24,918
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I confess i ended a friendship with a long time friend recently.... and I don't care all that much lol.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I confess that I still sleep with a teddy bear that I've had since I was only months old :sweat

Some people already knew that though...

I also confess that I sometimes feign stupidity to make my life easier.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I too, feign stupidity to make my life easier.









I confess it rarely works and gets me yelled at.

I confess I'm extremely cocky about my driving and for a good reason.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I confess I too, feign stupidity to make my life easier.









I confess it rarely works and gets me yelled at.

I confess I'm extremely cocky about my driving and for a good reason.
Do you know what feign means? :derp

You're no Dick Trickle :3c
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I do. I pretend to be stupid for the lulz. :derp

When I've been serious, people have told me I was bright, smart, and stuff like that. =D

Who?
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,283
Reaction score
24,918
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I don't pretend to be stupid but I do pretend to be more absend minded than what I actually am so that people would lower their guard around me and say things they normally wouldn't lol.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I wish I could have thought of the idea above this post. :(
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Fixed my error.

How is it creepy? <_<
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Because it's like you're acting like a spy or a CIA operative :shifty
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Hey hey, not my fault if people assume stuff and make mistakes like that. D:
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that I cried during the Harry Potter film... :fail
All four times that I saw it.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I confess that I cried during the Harry Potter film... :fail
All four times that I saw it.
All four times? And you saw it all in the time-span of a week? I can understand crying at a movie you haven't seen in a while, but...
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
All four times? And you saw it all in the time-span of a week? I can understand crying at a movie you haven't seen in a while, but...
...In the span of four days. :rofl

There's this one scene that gets me each and every time.
And I'm not BAWLING, but I do shed a few tears.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
How could you watch it four times!? Within a week!? :o


What scene btw? Use spoiler tags just in case. :ninja
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Four times in four days, to be exact. :derp

Well, I always get at least misty-eyed during Snape's vindication.

But when Hermione says "I'll go with you" to Harry when he's about to die, it just really gets me. I don't know what it is about that line, because it's certainly not as sad as Snape cradling Lily's dead body. :scry

Must have some weird subconscious meaning for me. XD
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I confess that I'm somehow addicted to instant noodles. Not in the rate of having to eat it once everyday or such, but I feel like I can go on eating instant noodles everyday. It just tastes awesome. I know it's bad, but still...

*off to go grab a mini instant noodle :p*
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
I confess that I want to apologize to this person..
He was my best friend and despite constantly poking fun at me and making fun of me, I had fun because
of him and it was really enjoyable.
We spent alot of time together and I felt that it was too much and his character, with his pranks, was annoying me.

One day, because of something stupid, I got fed up with him and never talk to him again.
that lasted.. till today.
Of course, I have other friends. But only after losing this friend of mine did I realize what friendship
and a true friend is.. it's him.
If possible, I confess that I want to go back to walk with him as his friend again.
After saying I'm sorry.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Go for it, Zelx! I know how it feels; once I had that kind of situation as well. It took me so long to apologize as well, and it was kinda hard for me to say sorry, but I managed to do it somehow with words jumbled, but she understood and we went cool again. At least you should give it a try; no matter what the result would be, at least you've tried to change the situation. Good luck~ ^^
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top