Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

Host Samurai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
1,367
Reaction score
677
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus

So here we are, these are the informations provided to us. Now, Gon would've instantly lost to Pitou as he were, so he powered himself up to the very extreme Limits and therefore his "endless" Potential as a Shounen-Manga-Protagonist were gone. And since it's a Shounen, he will get his Powers back through a veeeery dangerous Methode, or something like that... look at Bleach for the most up to date Example.

-We got the Kings Brother
-We got the probably strong Insect-Dealer. He's hinted to be some special Guy, too. He was under the first handful Chimeras which went on his own without caring for the Queen or the King.
-We got the hinted stronger than Netero Hunters walking the Underground.
-We got Gon's Dad.
-We got a list of loose ends which are certainly more Important for the Future.
Like I said before Gon is definitely out of the count he won't fight anymore in this Arc, assuming that Togashi ends this Arc. He is in no condition to fight, he lost his arm, which he used to impale Pitou (badass moment of Gon in the entire series by the way :D). The first thing that he needs is medical treatment in order to re-attach his arm. There is one person who could get the job done...Leorio this would be the perfect opportunity for him to get in the main storyline!

And now with the King being uber- super strong our current hunters are outmatched, outclassed the only one that I can think of who would be able to beat him is his own brother. His younger twin has or should have the same growth rate as him I can see it happening. Due to him not feeding on humans but something else....it is really hard to believe to get that powerful as him. Or his downfall could be Komugi, which is more likely to happen. History taught us many times that powerful men weaknesses were their women.

With Jairo the former 'King' of NGL, The other five star hunters, the genei Ryodan who are aware of Kurapica's secret, the upcoming and most anticipated fight in the manga namely; Hisoka vs Kuroro, Killua's missing brother, the bald ninja hunter all this remembers me of the untapped potential of this manga.:(


I don't know, at least for certain. Nen prices can be a bit extreme. See Kurapika when He intended so much power it was at the cost of his life. So for me the biggest doubt is that: The price to pay.
That is something that I also want to find out. What price did he pay to get this ridiculous power up?
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus

Like I said before Gon is definitely out of the count he won't fight anymore in this Arc, assuming that Togashi ends this Arc. He is in no condition to fight, he lost his arm, which he used to impale Pitou (badass moment of Gon in the entire series by the way :D). The first thing that he needs is medical treatment in order to re-attach his arm. There is one person who could get the job done...Leorio this would be the perfect opportunity for him to get in the main storyline!
Machi has shown that She is the perfect candidate to do this :P
 

NoFreakingWay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
249
Reaction score
61
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fiji
Re: Hiatus

Well I think the price Gon paid was his potential as Andrew said. Think about it, if he had 5 to 15 more years he would probably get to that level of Nen by training naturally. Imagine a future where he can 2HKO creatures at Pitou's level. With ease. That's the price Gon paid. which is too great man.

Now about the arm: Wouldn't it have been blown to mush when Gon decided to release that humungous Nen deathblast on Zombie Pitou?
 

~Andrew~

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
164
Reaction score
56
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus

@Host Samurai: You called most of the loose ends, I certainly can agree with your point of view. The King's Brother could already be a Man. And hopefully you're right and his "Babysitter" this low level Chimera Ant didn't gave him Human "crackers" to eat. But then again, he swore he would do no evil, to this Guy with the super-big smoking pipe or else he would be killed.

Now let's hope the King's lil Brother's attitude depends on his social environment and the food he eats, elsewhise there would be two Kings with power behind understanding .
Then there would be 2 scenarios: 1. They Team Up and the Human World is lost.(That's a 0.1% scenario, though xD)
Or 2. Which is more Likely to happen: The King would have a little smalltalk with his Brother. Then they come to the conclusion they're like Yin and Yang, Fire and Water, the other side of a coin, thus fighting each other on equal grounds.

But I wrote these little ideas of scenarios in seconds, without taking Komugi into account. She's the only Person able to calm down the crazy/beastly/killing intend-side of the King. We saw it a few times, the King is thinking about everything and his destiny, then going "Wahahaha I wanna kill them all". And there still more factors I ignored, but as i said earlier I'm not able to Predict an Year-Long Arc properly without Re-Reading it every 6 Months O_o


And as for the others like Leorio...they need panneltime, hisoka too, and many others as well.

Okay enough about King and King v1.2. So you're thinking Gon's powers won't easily return like in Bleach with Kurosaki Ichigo (he hasn't quite his original powers back but rather a substitute source of power)? Yeah I think I have to agree now. But he already paid the Price, a life without nen, his Potential vanished, what else should happen to him? Maybe he will be K.O. for a while, and is fragile without nen. Now he needs to be protected.
Gon's arm seems kinda lost for good, I simply don't see Persons like Leorie pop out of nowhere attaching his arm (wasn't his arm beyond repair anyway?).


@Schabrak: Not only that but think about the "Nitro" creature which orginally came through a comet to the World of Toriko, wasn't it the same with the Chimeras? Dunno, but i know the following things: Both are highly influenced by the food they eat and they are adapting things like Nen or Preparing Gourmet ingredients. Depending on what they eat and learn they get individuals. Same goes for the Chimeras. Evolution in Highspeed. Just wanted to Point out this Resemblance.
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,937
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Hiatus

I also think gon paid with his potential for the power boost he got. Kinda like sacrificing the future for the sake of the present kinda thing. In many ways, his life. I do think there will be a way for him to get his potential back, the story is nothing without that. The way I see it there are two ways that can happen. The first way is to find someone that has the ability to kinda restore things. That would allow him to restore the future gon lost. The other one is for the ants to save him. As we saw before the ants have the ability to give their own bodies to others in the form of either liquid or dust. I think a live should be a fair enough price to pay for gons potential. Basically, it is possible for an ant to restore gons potential by giving up at least a portion of their own bodies, that could even regenerate his arm. Togashi would need a hell of a plot point for the king or another ant to give up their bodies for gon though.
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Hiatus

I also think gon paid with his potential for the power boost he got. Kinda like sacrificing the future for the sake of the present kinda thing. In many ways, his life. I do think there will be a way for him to get his potential back, the story is nothing without that. The way I see it there are two ways that can happen. The first way is to find someone that has the ability to kinda restore things. That would allow him to restore the future gon lost. The other one is for the ants to save him. As we saw before the ants have the ability to give their own bodies to others in the form of either liquid or dust. I think a live should be a fair enough price to pay for gons potential. Basically, it is possible for an ant to restore gons potential by giving up at least a portion of their own bodies, that could even regenerate his arm. Togashi would need a hell of a plot point for the king or another ant to give up their bodies for gon though.
Who says it has to be the king? Gon's side did manage to win a couple of ants now so they certainly don't have a shortage when it comes to that. Of course the difference is in quality - I don't think Palm and the rest would compare to the royal guards - in addition to whether or not they have knowledge about giving up their body (it was after all more instinctual) and of course whether Gon can consume the ants since the king did naturally consume things to not only grow but absorb their ability, which isn't something that should happen when you devour things.
 

~Andrew~

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
164
Reaction score
56
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus

Have to agree with Hamy here. As the King consumed the two Royal Guards it seemed like an 1. instinctive act. and 2. Like it was destined (destined by the Queen, as a backup plan). Maybe there are Ants like the one Selling Drugs on the Streets who are probably super-strong themselves and have their own abilities. It's far-fetched but if any Ant would be able to restore that Potential than it's the King or the King's Brother (which is more likely). That's what I'm thinking.
 

IamJacky

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2010
Messages
136
Reaction score
135
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus

1. I think as far as this Chimera Arc is concerned, Gon is out the game, his restoration of nen will probably be somewhat of a center theme of the next Arc, which hopefully will involve Leorio for his possible healing nen-ability, and Kurapika for...the sake of it.

2. It was also heavily hinted that Jairo will be the theme of the next arc (if there ever will be one).

3. The idea of the ants healing Gon, restoring his power or anything in that nature all seem very unlikely.

4. I'm not sure if King's bro will come into play, but at this point it is clear enough that the King will not be beaten by anybody, it's impossible. I don't understand why people keep wanting someone or some group of people strong enough to beat the King. The King issue is most likely going to resolve with certain plot devices involving Komugi and the current "game" that the King is playing with Pufu.

Surely enough you can say to bring King's bro (or insert another possible strong fighter) to take the King, but that'd be extremely disappointing for the story.

5. I never really read Bleach but I am very sure that as far as plot line is concerned Bleach is no where near HxH, the logic of typical Shounen manga will not apply with HxH, HxH is simply on another level.
 

Kaizoku-O Luffy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
439
Reaction score
4,984
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Hiatus

Since T is is the weekly one piece spoiler provider therefore this information must me legit.

Thanks to aohihe of ap forums:

In unrelated note, T also mentions Hunter x Hunter is coming back in August.
 
Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus

Sure? Somewhere was a post saying that SJ wont publish HxH on August :O
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Hiatus

It's legit. No exact date, but Anime News Network confirmed an August return. Probably will be timed around the Obon double issue, the second week of August. They always time serialization around new volumes, volume 28 comes out next week and volume 29 comes out August 4. I'm guessing there will be twenty chapters again. That way the hiatus would start in early/mid December, when Jump always starts new series. Ten chapters would mean hiatus in mid-October, while that is possible, Jump rarely starts new series that time of year. Only a guess, but an educated one.
 

masgrande

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
668
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: Hiatus

Is it confirmed that he will only return for a few chapters?
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,937
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Hiatus

I don't think we should expect more than a volume or two. he does kinda have to get back to this manga at some point to finish it though, there simply is no way any of us is gonna live long enough to finish this otherwise.
 

sharingan_kakashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
693
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Hiatus

And.... it ends again??
 

~Andrew~

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
164
Reaction score
56
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus

I'm one of the thankful Guys, you know. Even 10 Chaps HxH are enoug to make me happy, I'll endure the following Breaks/Hiatus till I'm 100.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,937
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Hiatus

I'm one of the thankful Guys, you know. Even 10 Chaps HxH are enoug to make me happy, I'll endure the following Breaks/Hiatus till I'm 100.
i would probably too.... if I were to live to 100 lol.:darn
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus

The bigger problem would be Togashi, who will be long dead, if any of us reaches that milestone.

sharingan_kakashi
He's gone on hiatus/many breaks for years now, so his return will never be a "long" one.^^ I don't have time to search for that chart right now though.
 

ErosVp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
391
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Hiatus

Is the reason of these hiatuses still being described as illness? or just the author laziness? How many chapters we had in 5 years? I still read HXH but i'm conviced the author will die before its end! It is even worse then Berserk, Togashi's greatest work won't have an end. I can't even feel the hapiness when a chapter is releasedm since i'm not satisfied with crumbs...
 
Top