The Bravery

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

Ugh, it's just that compared to the slow pace of anime (20 mins per episode) I can read heaps of manga in the same time :lmao

Yeah, I'm in a reeaaalll hurry to get to the endings :sweatdrop

And if you compare time taken with Light Novels or Visual Novels to Animes, they're similar, but the LN's or VN's have far more detail than an anime can give.

Only advantage would be the flashy CG, but I'm not really into that :XD
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

Anime is all about seeing things move, music and the awesum VAs in japan.
I had one piece in singapore dubbed by singaporeans once but alas, that didn't last.
I'm filled with envy, baka. That you understand japanese :wtf
I'm gonna start learning soon..
and have you guys heard about danny choo?
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

Anime is all about seeing things move, music and the awesum VAs in japan.
I had one piece in singapore dubbed by singaporeans once but alas, that didn't last.
I'm filled with envy, baka. That you understand japanese :wtf
I'm gonna start learning soon..
and have you guys heard about danny choo?
I heard about that but i cannot recall it atm tbh, lol be happy that you didnt have the english dub, I mean i was lucky to have the italian dub it wasnt so bad and the voice actors in italian do a great job and then the english ones...:gwah

so who's danny choo again ><
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

Zelx, this is based of the assumption I do translations, right?
My translations (if you bothered to look at my TL'er profile) go from Chn->Eng
:lmao

I'm just as clueless about Japanese as you. But lots of manga is in Chinese so I have a much more I can read than most people. But so can you, Zelx, you read Chinese as well, right?

DannyChoo? Ugh, maaan. Well, he does cool reviews and all, just sometimes when he talks about products he uses to "wax dolphins" or whatever it's weird and I don't even want to know ":darn

Or were you talking about some news involving him?
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

Written works are usually the best. They can explore lots of sides of the story. That is, if the author is brilliant enough to stir up the readers' emotion and imagination. That happened to me sometimes. But in some cases, anime do that to me as well. So actually it depends on the creator of the work and the viewers/readers themselves. :)

Danny Choo? Who is he? :oh
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

Written works are usually the best. They can explore lots of sides of the story. That is, if the author is brilliant enough to stir up the readers' emotion and imagination. That happened to me sometimes. But in some cases, anime do that to me as well. So actually it depends on the creator of the work and the viewers/readers themselves. :)

Danny Choo? Who is he? :oh
oh i think i remember who he is that you tube guy which does the funny and senseless commercials xD like the green ball one but thats from this guy


POTATO
Lol it reminds me of glados in portal 2

"no one tried to muder me, or fed me to birds or put me in a PO-tato" xD
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

RaveDragon...=.= Just cause we're Asian doen't mean we all look the ....:XD Jokes. That's nigahiga.
Dannychoo is...urrr...an uber-otaku:Link

NigaHiga is friggin hilarious :lmao
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

RaveDragon...=.= Just cause we're Asian doen't mean we all look the ....:XD Jokes. That's nigahiga.
Dannychoo is...urrr...an uber-otaku:Link

NigaHiga is friggin hilarious :lmao
I never said that i just pointed out the fact they both do funny commercials XP oh i get it how the hell did i mix em :blink
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

Zelx, this is based of the assumption I do translations, right?
My translations (if you bothered to look at my TL'er profile) go from Chn->Eng
:lmao
Which I didn't :faint I kindda assume every translator is jap to eng..heh..


But so can you, Zelx, you read Chinese as well, right?
No :oh I gave up on chinese 3 years ago and never looked back.
But I can speak it well !

DannyChoo? Ugh, maaan. Well, he does cool reviews and all, just sometimes when he talks about products he uses to "wax dolphins" or whatever it's weird and I don't even want to know ":darn
I thought he's pretty awesome! I read his blog occasionally and it is fascinating..
I mean, look at how japan changed his life :crying
I dream to live in japan too and I'm now moving towards that.

Or were you talking about some news involving him?
He's actually a pretty famous and popular dude, inside and outside of japan.

Written works are usually the best. They can explore lots of sides of the story. That is, if the author is brilliant enough to stir up the readers' emotion and imagination. That happened to me sometimes.
Like Umineko right?! So how is it so far ? Are you enchanted or bored..
or both :eyeroll

Danny Choo? Who is he? :oh
What is this, explain yourself :yelling

oh i think i remember who he is that you tube guy which does the funny and senseless commercials xD like the green ball one but thats from this guy


POTATO
Lol it reminds me of glados in portal 2

"no one tried to muder me, or fed me to birds or put me in a PO-tato" xD
.....
uh.
so..
right..about that..uh video.. potato..:blink

Dannychoo is...urrr...an super awesome and geat uber-otacool:Link
There, fixed that for you :noworry
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

:yelling Why don't you learn Chinese Zelx??!! :XD Whatever, as I understand it Tradtional is hella hard to write. Billions of strokes :o I can only read a little trad, I mostly learnt to read/write simplified; and I only speak mandarin.

Yeah, yeah, I know, Dannychoo is like an otaku-celebrity. :darn If my friends caught me with a dakimakura uhg, not even that, if they saw an anime figurine...:lmao looked down upon...:XD
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

I‘m starting to stop caring about what others think of me.
I‘ve been too concern with that for a period of time that it
became a chore and only made me unhappy. Let then laugh , its my life
not theirs so I can do what I want.
I may not be popular but at least I‘m happy.

....Who cares if all I listen to iz japanese songs :yelling
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

Like Umineko right?! So how is it so far ? Are you enchanted or bored..
or both :eyeroll
Righty right! So far with Umineko... To be honest, bored. I am so not interested in how much the siblings love to debate about the inheritance; I feel like I can understand why Kinzo hated his children so much. But now that I've finally arrived at the first twilight (almost there, I stopped right when they are in front of the shed), I'm getting a bit more excited. I'm looking forward to see what difference I would feel to see what would happen next, even though I've seen it all in the anime. :3

What is this, explain yourself :yelling
What? What do I need to explain? :o

:yelling Why don't you learn Chinese Zelx??!! :XD Whatever, as I understand it Tradtional is hella hard to write. Billions of strokes :o I can only read a little trad, I mostly learnt to read/write simplified; and I only speak mandarin.
Chinese is a pain, Haze... When I first started to learn Chinese, I feel like I could die... Too many things to remember: the sound, the meaning, the strokes, the order of how you should make the strokes, the structure... :crying I think I really have given up studying Chinese. I turned to Japanese soon after, but realizing that it used kanji which are Chinese characters, I feel like fate is such a cruel thing... :crying

....Who cares if all I listen to iz japanese songs :yelling
LOL, me too. I only have one Indonesian song in my phone, a few English songs, while the others are Japanese and Korean. And I despise most Indonesian songs lately, haha~ What a fail citizen I am. ^^"
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

.....
uh.
so..
right..about that..uh video.. potato..
No *chibi version voice* Its PO-tato say it with me POOO-tato! :yelling

...danny choo of course my firends told me about him...then he slipped my mind and i forgot to search him, and a vicious cycle began xD or i found him randomly and then forgot :s one of the two seems my memory isnt v.good anymore i feel 40 ><

I‘m starting to stop caring about what others think of me.
I‘ve been too concern with that for a period of time that it
became a chore and only made me unhappy. Let then laugh , its my life
not theirs so I can do what I want.
I may not be popular but at least I‘m happy.

....Who cares if all I listen to iz japanese songs :yelling
yeah, my parents where like that for me watching anime and reading manga, then they got used to it and my oldest sibling fell in love witth miyazaki movies and studio ghibli xD now we watch em together. Even my friends have become addicted thanks to me :amuse

What? What do I need to explain?
I think why you no know Danny choo dude :P
LOL, me too. I only have one Indonesian song in my phone, a few English songs, while the others are Japanese and Korean. And I despise most Indonesian songs lately, haha~ What a fail citizen I am. ^^"
i would call you a multicultural fun citizen xD
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

Yeah, Zelx, All my friends listen to K-pop and J-pop, but my parents are just like No, don't do that, listen to C-pop or English songs :lmao

So yeah, it's only the more hardcorestuff that draws...scorn...:XD

Also, RaveDragon, Nice! Altough, I was the one drawn into the world of anime and manga by my friends in year 9...
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

I think why you no know Danny choo dude :P


i would call you a multicultural fun citizen xD
Hmm, I suppose because I am half ghost in online world and half human in real world? :o

My, that is indeed myself, mwahaha~ XD

My parents don't care about it at all. Mostly they only said, "What kind of language is that?" when they heard me singing in Japanese or Korean or watching movies in those language. XD
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

JUST noticed your custom title Zel-kun! :super
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

Righty right! So far with Umineko... To be honest, bored. I am so not interested in how much the siblings love to debate about the inheritance; I feel like I can understand why Kinzo hated his children so much. But now that I've finally arrived at the first twilight (almost there, I stopped right when they are in front of the shed), I'm getting a bit more excited. I'm looking forward to see what difference I would feel to see what would happen next, even though I've seen it all in the anime. :3
Trust me, its not ALL :p
Yeah, i've been through the boredom too.. but the debate is much more detailed in the vn and you can understand the circumstances the siblings are going through. This makes me suspect them more.
First VN is actually scary if you haven't watched the anime.






Chinese is a pain, Haze... When I first started to learn Chinese, I feel like I could die... Too many things to remember: the sound, the meaning, the strokes, the order of how you should make the strokes, the structure... :crying I think I really have given up studying Chinese. I turned to Japanese soon after, but realizing that it used kanji which are Chinese characters, I feel like fate is such a cruel thing... :crying
I'm way better in english but I prefer speaking in chinese.
No idea why and yeah..kindda a joke for me (I hate chinese but want to learn japanese).
I blame fate :bored

LOL, me too. I only have one Indonesian song in my phone, a few English songs, while the others are Japanese and Korean. And I despise most Indonesian songs lately, haha~ What a fail citizen I am. ^^"
Not bad, I don't even have a singapore song in my phone.


No *chibi version voice* Its PO-tato say it with me POOO-tato! :yelling
Poo.


...danny choo of course my firends told me about him...then he slipped my mind and i forgot to search him, and a vicious cycle began xD or i found him randomly and then forgot :s one of the two seems my memory isnt v.good anymore i feel 40 ><
He's actually 40 or late fourties or somewhere around there. You should if you want to know more about japan.



yeah, my parents where like that for me watching anime and reading manga, then they got used to it and my oldest sibling fell in love witth miyazaki movies and studio ghibli xD now we watch em together. Even my friends have become addicted thanks to me :amuse
My mum laughed and walk away :-_- when I was watching higurashi..

Yeah, Zelx, All my friends listen to K-pop and J-pop, but my parents are just like No, don't do that, listen to C-pop or English songs
C-Pop have some really good songs, I just don't bother to update or care enough to get them :XD but they are good. You got any fav artists?







My parents don't care about it at all. Mostly they only said, "What kind of language is that?" when they heard me singing in Japanese or Korean or watching movies in those language. XD
-Quoted this post to tell phio something-
Phio have you heard of Itsuka Tenma
Why do I bring up this anime infront of you, you ask?
Because the ending is sang by Akiko Shikata :zomg you know, she sings anime ops and eds frequently and when she does, you know that anime is good!
Well..uh..so that's the only reason why I'm bringing this up, you should totally watch it :wtf
First episode was great.
Edited: its Utsumei! Her soon to be out album :woo

JUST noticed your custom title Zel-kun! :super
Goldb! How have you been?
It's not really a custom title, I'm in charge of animeshoutouts.
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

I've been good Zel, I didn't know about the shoutouts! How long have you been doing this? it's really awesome of you! :zomg
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

Uh.. I'm going to start..doing..it for the first time :sweat
so yeah, it's my first time! Its a monthly thing :D
Thanks goldb, that meant a lot :hug
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
Re: Life Keeps Going! (inserts another inspiration quote here)

Yeah, Zelx, All my friends listen to K-pop and J-pop, but my parents are just like No, don't do that, listen to C-pop or English songs :lmao

So yeah, it's only the more hardcorestuff that draws...scorn...:XD

Also, RaveDragon, Nice! Altough, I was the one drawn into the world of anime and manga by my friends in year 9...
Lol i just converted like what 2 or 3 people xD and a couple of family members no biggie, naaa i turned myself to this stuff i always loved it and such so...

My mum laughed and walk away when I was watching higurashi..
Say whaaaaaaa? :blink, please tell me it wasnt in the climatic scenes she did that :XD (if you gonna ask no i havvent watched it but i have a friend who loves it so he tells me and sends me funny parts)

if she did can you give her a hi5 for me thats one awesome mum xD

Hmm, I suppose because I am half ghost in online world and half human in real world?

My, that is indeed myself, mwahaha~ XD

My parents don't care about it at all. Mostly they only said, "What kind of language is that?" when they heard me singing in Japanese or Korean or watching movies in those language. XD
Ghost :woo yeah i guess we all are like that ^^

My parents gave up, they said as long as you pay for it (so now i save up and buy when i can) as for the musid they have no idea what language it is and thanks to eurovision they dont tend to ask xD OLEEEEEEE!

:jawdrop Oh boy Z-kun we have a looooong way to go :s dont make me get this :yaha to chase you :o
 
Last edited:
Top