Shounen - Hayate no Gotoku! by Hata Kenjiro | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Hayate no Gotoku! by Hata Kenjiro
Genre: Action, Comedy, Harem, Romance, School Life
Serialized: Shonen Sunday
Summary and Preview:
Since the tender age of nine, Hayate Ayasaki has busted his behind at various part-time jobs to support his degenerate gambler parents. And how do they repay their son's selfless generosity? By selling his organs to the yakuza to cover their debts! But fate throws Hayate a bone...sort of.
Releases

kamakazi_1996

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
England
man i just read this manga and finished the anime, it was extremely funny, i think its a fantastic manga/anime but im suprised not many has heard of it, this manga should be more popular and i recommend it to anyone who loves comedy

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
I originally created this thread because c_k told me too. Since then I began reading the series ever so slowly. It took me some time to get into the art but I'm use to the designs by now. Manglobe is a studio that puts time and effort into their anime but I haven't watched a single episode yet. Perhaps this summer I'll marathon more manga and the anime.

shukketsumaru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nagi and Hayate will never end up together and here is why.
Somewhere down the line Hayate will be blasted back in time where he will meet Nagi's mother and will ultimately become Nagi's mysterious, only seen in the background of a flashback, father. If not, then I vote harem ending!

kamakazi_1996

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
England
Nagi and Hayate will never end up together and here is why.
Somewhere down the line Hayate will be blasted back in time where he will meet Nagi's mother and will ultimately become Nagi's mysterious, only seen in the background of a flashback, father. If not, then I vote harem ending!
woah lol what kind of ending would that be lmao, i think hayate is likely gonna end up with either nagi, athena or hinagiku, but out of all of them i kinda think hinagiku should be with him

shukketsumaru

Reaction score
Country
United States
Uh, according to the latest chapter, Hayate is going on hiatus unitl FEBRUARY 29th. NYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added January 21, 2012 at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was December 30, 2011 at 01:40 PM ----------

I just saw Heaven Is A Place On Earth and it was AWESOME!!!
Funniest Part -
When Nagi and Kayura got separated at the ferris wheel.

Awesome-est Part-
When Hina brought out Shirosakura!

Most Heart Warming Part-
TOO MANY TO COUNT!!

Another thing I liked about it was becuase it was spoiler-rific. It movie came out in theaters before Kayura had even been introduced in the manga and right after the opening theme we learn what Wataru's new business is. What I'd like to know though is, if this movie is canon and I think it is, just who was that white-haired woman.

shukketsumaru

Reaction score
Country
United States
New Anime will air within a month. Yay.

Recently in the manga, we finally caught a glimpse of Himekami, an enigmatic character who has only ever been mentioned since the first fricken volume. 376 chapters and we're only just starting to get into it. Tally hoooooo!

[tmod=Doraku]I'm merging your posts[/tmod]

Last edited by a moderator:

masgrande

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
I can't believe this thread isn't longer Hayate is such a great manga.

shukketsumaru

Reaction score
Country
United States
New Chapter!
Don't do it Klaus! The evil nun is ripping you off!

---------- Post added September 22, 2012 at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was September 15, 2012 at 08:57 PM ----------

And boom! A sudden serious turn of events for Ruka.

shukketsumaru

Reaction score
Country
United States
The idol steals the butler's "virgin" lips.

---------- Post added November 11, 2012 at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was October 21, 2012 at 07:49 AM ----------

Recent chapter, Hayate seems close to detonating the time bomb with that last remark. Is the end nigh?

---------- Post added December 03, 2012 at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was November 11, 2012 at 07:40 AM ----------

I like Wataru, since he's one of the few male characters in this manga. I'll enjoy this upcoming Wataru centric chapter. And yes that is the reality of this manga.

shukketsumaru

Reaction score
Country
United States
...Mm. A monk? What's that hamster talking about?

If "Heaven is a Place on Earth" and "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" are technically canonical, I wonder how Nagi is going to manage.

---------- Post added February 03, 2013 at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was January 27, 2013 at 07:38 PM ----------

Oh wow, this "Nagi's manga arc" has so far been lackluster, but now it looks like it's finally going somewhere.

shukketsumaru

Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay, chapter 404, that was the laziest form of foreshadowing I've ever seen. So everything ends the day before their one year anniversary, splendid.

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
450:
Oi oi oi what's happening!!?? It's meant to be Hayate x Athena dammit! Get lost Ayasaki big bro! D: sekuhara otsu