Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus

Don't know, he could just have fun with his family, have a cushy number instead of working 45 full weeks a year drawing characters and stuff. Normal authors can take their time to creat a good new plot, most mangaka just can't allow themself to do that.
 
Last edited:

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus

We'll probably get another 10-15 chapters before Togashi goes on break again for the 1000th time. I just hope he produces enough chapters to wrap this arc up. The Ant Arc has been ongoing for far too long now and still seems to have little to do with the main plot.

I'm one of the thankful Guys, you know. Even 10 Chaps HxH are enoug to make me happy, I'll endure the following Breaks/Hiatus till I'm 100.
Togashi will be dead long before he even begins approaching the finale at the rate he's been working for the past several years.
 

~Andrew~

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
164
Reaction score
56
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus

Don't know, he could just have fun with his family, have a cushy number instead of working 45 full weeks a year drawing characters and stuff. Normal authors can take their time to creat a good new plot, most mangaka just can't allow themself to do that.
Do we know if he got a serious disease, it's strange but I never did a little research on this. But maybe he's ill and therefore he wants to spent as much time as possible with his family. Could someone please clear this once and for all?

@ these "When you're 100 the Mangaka will be long gone!!1"-Guys: You do know that I just wrote this to show my love for the Manga, take it easy.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,307
Reaction score
24,931
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Hiatus

Nah, he is not sick. He is just lazy and otherwise engaged. If he really wanted too there would not be any hiatuses. Even married to sailor moon he can't possibly be busy enough to not have a shred of time to dedicate to his best work yet lol.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus

He does enough to live of it to the end of his life and what if he wants it to be his last work, because his anger about YYH, he can do it like a famous author from novels, like George R. R. Martin or Joanne K. Rowling before HP ended. He's the only mangaka, who can just takes brakes for long times without fearing that they wouldn't take him back because is a sure sell.
 
Last edited:

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus

He does enough to live of it to the end of his life and what if he wants it to be his last work, because his anger about YYH, he can do it like a famous author from novels, like George R. R. Martin or Joanne K. Rowling before HP ended. He's the only mangaka, who can just takes brakes for long times without fearing that they wouldn't take him back because is a sure sell.
Yeah, Togashi is successful enough that he doesn't have to put up with the garbage work hours that most other manga creators do, and he's already set for life. It's understandable that he would want to spend more time with his family.

Besides, I would rather Togashi be happy and work when he wants to, because it means the quality will be much higher than if he was just forcing himself to work each week.
 

ish3

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2007
Messages
455
Reaction score
143
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus

He had a son about 2 years ago and he's been spending most of his time watching him grow up and such. More or so he's been into spending time with his family. But yea, he's taking advantage of his current predicament. I'd rather there be 30 or so chapters before a long hiatus. But hopefully there's twenty again.
 

~Andrew~

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
164
Reaction score
56
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus

I don't really know. Simple as that.
Well, he's rich, he got Family and it's natural that he wants to spend time with them, but 10 Chaps followed by almost a Year long Hiatus is just a bit too much. As ish3 said, it should be at least 30 or maybe even 50 Chaps, because 10 Chaps can't possibly provide us with enough Plot, there isn't much Progress. There're many People who stopped reading after the last Hiatus started, because they just don't want to tolerate it anymore.
Don't get me wrong, I (as said several times) love HxH and won't ever stop reading it, but many of the People who stopped reading HxH thought that the Mangaka just didn't care about his Fans anymore and that he took the Fan's loyality for granted, but I won't judge Togashi and his actions, cause I just don't know him. My Point is, I am just concerned about HxH's future. I just hope he still loves his Manga, maybe these breaks he took are a good distraction from HxH so it never gets boring for him to write a good Story, you know? Aren't there any Interviews of him? He could at least make a clear Statement so that People stop complaining.

Whew, I didn't intend to write this much, but well..
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus

He probably doesn't care for loyality, even less for those of the Edited Manga readers. LOL I wouldn't f**king too. So what if he's releasing one to two volumes a year, that's the pensum of a monthly magazine too and I don't see anybody hating those mangaka for their shedule. Dear god I'm glad to get 10 chapter of Berserk or Yotsubato per year, and again do novel readers stop reading a series, if it takes more than a year to release a book?


See it's long trend, no reason get upset now.

It's not like don't hate it to wait so long, but we've just got to live with it.
 

~Andrew~

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
164
Reaction score
56
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus

You are wrong. I'm not getting upset, if you even tried to imply that, that is. If so, please read carefully. I don't think like they do.. like I said in my last Posting and like I said several Times before, these are things I read in different Forums (or I heard from other Fan's) after the last Hiatus started plus nobody says it's trend or it's new, that is exactly the reason why People are getting "Upset now" because there already were many Breaks. The reason most of them are getting Upset now is that they supressed their desire for more HxH til now and couldn't handle it anymore. Not everyone is so patient and holds so much Love for a Manga like I do or like some of you Guys do, so I can understand it to a certain degree. And for them it would only be fair to get an Answer from him, dunno.

You're saying that he probably doesn't care for loyality, but that is exactly what I woudln't say. I don't know him so I don't have the right to say such things, but as I said I don't even care, but I can imagine there are People who do care. And I for my Part am not only a Edited Manga reader, I'm buying my Favorite Mangas in Japanese Original. But you're totally rite about Edited Manga readers who doesn't pay, they're alright but supporting one of his favorite Artist should be a natural thing. Whatever, I hope I made myself somewhat clear. Just ask me if there're any Questions. I'm not fully concentrated cause I'm in a little Rush, so feel free to correct me.

Edit: And comparing Books to Mangas is like comparing Apples to Oranges. But that's another Story.
 
Last edited:

ErosVp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
391
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Hiatus

He is just a lazy bartard! Taking so long to release a chapter, he could work 2 hours a day and present some great art, but all the chapters he is releasing looks like sketchs.... He can take his time to spent with his family, but he isn't working like every man in the world with family do, i'm begining to doubt he even likes manga anymore...

I'm a Manga Editor reader, but i do support mangakas buying volumes available here (for the series i really care). Of course i won't buy HxH if i think he doesn't care for the readers, there are many things i even forgot already...
 

LoneLobo

Reviewer
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
100
Reaction score
420
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus

The fact is: we really do not know anything. The only official fact we go is that it was on hiatus because of illness.
So, what can that mean?
- He has a physical illness, maybe cancer or whatever. What he draws is the most he can manage.
- He has a mental illness. Maybe drawing 20 pages every week is too hard for him, it is too stressful. What he draws is the most he can manage. (Oh, and there are several mangaka who fell victim to this. For example the mangaka of Battle Angel Alita and Shaman King.)
- He does not have an illness but wants to enjoy life, be with his family etc. He could not do that with a chapter every week, so... it is all he can manage.

It is a fact that it was on hiatus several times since it started, so it should not be that big of a surprise. Do not be fooled by its publication in a weekly magazine. I love Hunter X Hunter and I am happy when there are new chapters. And of course I am annoyed when there is a hiatus again, but hell, that's life!

Saying that he is a lazy bastard and that he does not care about the manga is not true. If he really was lazy he could've stopped the manga after Greed Island. He could've cut the Chimera Arc short. I mean, he spend half of the new chapter on social criticism. This is not the work of a man who is lazy and does not care, it is the work of a man who in fact cares a hell of a lot.
 

ErosVp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
391
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Hiatus

Everyone likes HxH! But the fact that we will problaby never see Gon meet Gin is annoying as hell! If he is sick, he could stop the manga for some years and come back when he got better, but at this rate there won't be an end to the story...

But i know many fans are condescending with him! If you guys are happy just reading a chapter every now and then (however if he takes so much time, i still think he could improve the art), that is fine. I read once in a while without much expectations... It has a good story, even better then Yuyu, but the author is overestimated...
 

~Andrew~

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
164
Reaction score
56
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus

I hate to ask that but: When will be the next Hiatus? Is there an announcement for another Hiatus already? It's a miracle that there wasn't a Hiatus announcment last Chapter.
 

Tombadgerlock

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
235
Reaction score
41
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Hiatus

Why the hell would there be a hiatus annoucement.

If there is a Hiatus after 310, we will know at 310, if there is at 320, we will know then, etc.

They never make statements more than on the chapters where the hiatus begin.
 

~Andrew~

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
164
Reaction score
56
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus

First of all: Keep it cool.
And everything you said is right/nothing new to me.

The reason I asked is because last week some Guy did a translation of the latest Chapter which ended with the words "And no Break next Week!". Well, afterwards I just thoght what you just wrote and got confused.
My guess was that Togashi takes his break a little bit later this time due to HxH's Anime premiere (since the Chapter contained extra untranslated Anime related Pages).
So I asked for it, as I just mentioned.

Simple as that.

Cheers.
 
Last edited:

Tombadgerlock

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
235
Reaction score
41
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Hiatus

Huh.... So far, he hasn't made as many chapters as he usually does.

I don't think he ever does less than 10 chapters, and it has been 8. Basically, unless he does *less* than usual, we won't have news of a break for at last 3 weeks.

If he does the same as last time, we will have news in 3 months.

If he does more because of Anime premiere, we won't have news before well into 2012.
 

~Andrew~

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
164
Reaction score
56
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus

Yeah and I thought there is some sort of a scheduler. lol Shame on me.
Well, thank you for clarifying.
I'm overexcited at the moment (regarding HxH) and I can't wait for the Next Arc to begin.

Cheers.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus

Where are you all reading about Togashi going to take a break? Or are you just expecting Togashi to take a break?
 

~Andrew~

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
164
Reaction score
56
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus

Well, Togashi is usually taking a (6-12 Months long) Hiatus once he published 10 Chaps (for more details read the past Pages or use Google :] ).
That's how it is and that's how it will probably be.
When did you start reading HxH? It sounds like you just recently started, is that correct?
 
Last edited:
Top