Uganda ! Where is that

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Hello everyone,
scav asked me to start a thread and, since I am a good boy, I comply :-)

So I'm a French guy fan of comics who discovered manga after a travel to Japan. And here is the best place to discover and discuss them.
I'm currently working in Bremen in Germany and have a hard time because my german is not really good and does not seem to improve fast (maybe I should read scan in german...), but well I like bier, so I'm not that much unhappy :-)
 
Last edited:

Nanoi

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2011
Messages
85
Reaction score
151
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: A froggy in Bremen

With an old account? That's pretty odd, lol.

Any who, welcome to MH. ;D
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: A froggy in Bremen

k-dom!!!

So happy you made a thread! How have you been? :hi5

So when you went over to Japan what were some of the first manga titles you picked up!? Obviously, besides One Piece. xP
Favourite colour?
Do you miss France? lolz 8D
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: A froggy in Bremen

With an old account? That's pretty odd, lol.

Any who, welcome to MH. ;D
Yeah I guess I shall be the one to greet you :-)
How do you like MH so far ?

k-dom!!!
So happy you made a thread! How have you been? :hi5
I will visit yours sometime...
So when you went over to Japan what were some of the first manga titles you picked up!? Obviously, besides One Piece. xP
A that time, I knew little about manga (mostly Tanigushi which is widely praised in France, HxH, Monster). In fact I watched mainly anime (Miyazaki movies, GTO, One Piece, Evangelion...) . It's when I returned that I started to read the scans and found MH.
Favourite colour?
I'm not sure, maybe orange
Do you miss France? lolz 8D
Of course ! But Germany is not that bad, I mainly miss my friends.

---------- Post added October 07, 2011 at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was October 05, 2011 at 08:57 PM ----------

Est ce que c'est mauvais gout si je mets ça en signature quelques jours ?
​

---------- Post added October 13, 2011 at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was October 07, 2011 at 05:24 PM ----------


All 24 Tintins in one minute :
[video=vimeo;30402976]http://vimeo.com/30402976[/video]

http://vimeo.com/30402976
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: A froggy in Bremen

OMG! Tintin! Holy crap, I haven't seen that in god knows how long. :zomg I love the intro. :amuse Back then, children would actually learn something informative from cartoons but today...they're all rubbish. I feel sorry for today's children. D:

k-dom, was tintin your favourite cartoon? =)
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: A froggy in Bremen

I find this montage video awesome! It's funny to try to recognize the characters and the episode it took place
To be honest, I read the comics before the cartoon starts. Tintin is quite one of the compulsory comics when you are a French teen :-)
And also it's far from my favorite BD (short for bande dessinnée), I acknowledge why it is popular.
The cartoon was really well made and I like the opening too. I think it was displayed in the evening, before children go to bed. At the same spot of the Lucky Lucke (which are kinda similar)
Yeah nowadays, the cartoon are a bit all the same and a bit too flashy for my taste. I understand why children turn towards anime :-))

So what about this invasion of Happy sig ? Did something happen in the FF ?
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: A froggy in Bremen

Hey there K-dom! Oh wow, I almost called you kdowns there <_<
I was wondering why you didn't have a thread and now that you do..time to spam post high quality questions.
What's the last anime you enjoyed? Your favorite one?
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: A froggy in Bremen

Yeah kdowns is much more active than myself in these part of the site :-)
At first, I didn't go much outside of the One Piece section. Then when the Manhwa section was created, the people there are much more active in the FF and member sections. That's how I met scav and when he demand me to start a thread, I used it as an excuse :-)

Concerning the anime, I was a bit on hold recently. I don't now really why but I really don't enjoy that much anymore series I have read the manga. So I only watched Gintama since it has restarted. Last week, I had a look to the summer and fall new series. I watched a few episode of Usagi Drop which I like so far, and I will restart Natsume Yuujinchou. I've watched the first episode of N°6 too.
What about you anything you would recommend ?

As for my favorite ones, it's the Miyasaki of course :-) I like that the japanese keep the 2D method and not all switch to 3D like Pixar and Disney. In fact the american cartoons I like the most are from Tim Burton and Bill Plympton (on a completely different style)

---------- Post added October 22, 2011 at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was October 15, 2011 at 08:07 AM ----------

Back to France for the week-end. A breakfeast with coffee and a real croissant is so so good !

---------- Post added October 26, 2011 at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was October 22, 2011 at 09:37 AM ----------

APPLE I HÂTE YOU
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: A froggy in Paris

You hate apples? Wait..what why :blink
Are you up to date with gintama? I like the new opening and the new episode about the funeral got me laughing so hard.
The so far so good(or even better) series this season are Mirai Nikki and Guilty Crown.
and also p4a. I'm not sure about the rest tho but Phi brain has been rather cliche and not as great.
Un-Go is good too but people say that it is rushed but who's to blame? There's only 11 episode for bones to squeeze.

Back to france? Don't you live in france :headscratch
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: A froggy in Paris

Oh, you've made a thread. Awesome :nod

You have excellent taste when it comes to comics. I've yet to check many you have recommended on the International Comics section, but I intend to, there were a couple extremely interesting ones. Too bad it is some what hard to get your hands on french/southern european comics here...

Loved The Tintin video. Well made, summarizes the essential and most memorable parts of the stories perfectly. :zomg
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: A froggy in Paris

You hate apples? Wait..what why :blink
:-) I hate this kind of apple


Are you up to date with gintama? I like the new opening and the new episode about the funeral got me laughing so hard.
The so far so good(or even better) series this season are Mirai Nikki and Guilty Crown.
and also p4a. I'm not sure about the rest tho but Phi brain has been rather cliche and not as great.
Un-Go is good too but people say that it is rushed but who's to blame? There's only 11 episode for bones to squeeze.
I'm a little behind in gintama, but your post makes me want to watch them. Especially now that we are in the non scanlated part, I enjoy watching them even more. And yes Gintama opening are always great, the other day I watched the episode of One Piece post time-skip and I wonder myself. Why can't they ask Gintama anime staff advice to make something good !
I watched 2 episodes of Phi brain but I'm not enthrilled, N°6 was also a bit cliche and rushed. As for the first episode of Un-Go, it seems like it was a season 2, i agree with those who said it was rushed. But I really liked Natsume Yuujinchou, I'm happy they are making new episode in January. It reminds me a bit of Mushishi, a sloow pace but nice little stories.
Back to france? Don't you live in france :headscratch
This year I work in Bremen in Germany, though I shall return to France soon
Oh, you've made a thread. Awesome :nod

You have excellent taste when it comes to comics. I've yet to check many you have recommended on the International Comics section, but I intend to, there were a couple extremely interesting ones. Too bad it is some what hard to get your hands on french/southern european comics here...

Loved The Tintin video. Well made, summarizes the essential and most memorable parts of the stories perfectly. :zomg
Oh I'm happy at least one person liked them. Did you know about some of them already ? I have found some of them translated in German at the library so I make my roommates discover some good titles I like. If you know about good Spanish authors, I would be happy to look at them. I love Blacksad, but I'm not sure if they write them in French or in Spanish first.

Concerning Tintin, I love the video too, sadly from what I have heard, it may be even better than the film itself
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: A froggy in Paris

Knew few, Manu Larcenet (visited Finnish comic event, so that is why), Nicolas de Crecy (saw a cool drawing somewehre, and find out it was by him. Understood he worked with Chomet on Belleville Triplets?). Also knew some of the classics you mentioned in the favorite thread. Haven't read much european comics, but that works as a great reference next time at local comic con.

And yeah, Blacksad is awesome. :nod
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: A froggy in Paris

Actually my avatar is from de Crecy :-)
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: A froggy in Paris

Salut grenouille!!! :3

Finally made a thread. How's Bremen? and what is your job role?

And if you haven't seen Tintin yet, make sure to watch it. But not in german, English or french :thumbs it's awesome, you won't regret it. Captain Haddock is pure win.
 

Remnant

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
67
Reaction score
22
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: A froggy in Paris

Hi there. Welcome to MH. I'm new and all I can say to you is that I'm jeeeeealous. >.< Japan may not be great as how I might make it to be, but I just want to go there and see some stuff. I just want to see how popular anime and manga is there or the feel of holding manga. I haven't actually held one; I can't buy one! T.T
 
Last edited:

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: A froggy in Paris

Hi there. Welcome to MH. I'm new and all I can say to you is that I'm jeeeeealous. >.< Japan may not be great as how I might make it to be, but I just want to go there and see some stuff. I just want to see how popular anime and manga is there or the feel of holding manga. I haven't actually held one; I can't buy one! T.T
Yeah Japan was really a great holiday and it's not as expensive as the rumor says. But it's true that it can be hard without someone speaking japanese. That was what miss us the most there.
And concerning the manga, in the few bookstore I have tries a lot of them are under plastic cover so it is not that easy to read them :-(
Salut grenouille!!! :3

Finally made a thread. How's Bremen? and what is your job role?

And if you haven't seen Tintin yet, make sure to watch it. But not in german, English or french :thumbs it's awesome, you won't regret it. Captain Haddock is pure win.
Bremen is pretty nice at the moment, the weather is not too cold and we start to have nice fall tree colors. During the last 2 weeks there the Freimark one of the greatest park in the area. It was fun. I'm waiting for the Christmas market now, their Glühwein (vin chaud) is delicious
As for the job, I'm working for EADS. Doing simulations for a spacecraft validation.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Night at 4:30pm, is Bremen so close from the north pole ?

All I read from that was "spacecraft" :blai Sounds like a pretty demanding job I'm guessing.....

We get a German market here in Birmingham sometime this month, in preparation for Christmas; it's one of the highlights of living in this city. It's absolutely amazing!

Are you up to date with OP?
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Night at 4:30pm, is Bremen so close from the north pole ?

Oh yeah, the manga. They aren't open and its hard to read and if you can't understand japanese
you won't know the content..just like me when I visited taiwan, I went to a book filled with jap mags and other artbooks..
had no idea what to get with my budget.
And wow, 4.30 is already dark over there? Sg never exp things like this but from my trip to taiwan the night there is around late 5 or something, that's the first time I experienced such an early night.

How much is a trip to japan anyways :blink

Natsume Yuujinchou, I'm happy they are making new episode in January. It reminds me a bit of Mushishi, a sloow pace but nice little stories.
Need to watch this two.
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Re: Night at 4:30pm, is Bremen so close from the north pole ?

*invades the thread* hey k-dom how are you> Oh wait nice to meet you :XD I luv ur avy :XD
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: A week end in Berlin !

Argh somemanga is down once again, I guess the number of my manga reading will decrease. Well that will give me time to prepare my week end in Berlin. 4 days, I hope the weather will get better soon. If some of the German members have piece of advise concerning the capital, I'm interested :-)
 
Top