Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ick

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
51
Reaction score
19
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
There was a poll for series (that started from 2000 to 2009) that represent Jump 2000s, so I'm going to upload poll result:

1st - Death Note (4,267)
2nd - Gintama (3,746)
3rd - Bleach (2,569)
4th - Toriko (658)
5th - Katekyo Hitman Reborn! - (642)
6th - Bakuman (597)
7th - Eyeshield 21 (478)
8th - Ichigo 100% (436)
9th - Beelzebub (386)
10th - Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar - (347)
Death Note, Gintama and Bleach were predictable to be so high. But Eyeshield? I'd expected it to be at least fourth... Under Toriko, Reborn and Bakuman? Meh...
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
I didn't quite get what was the poll about, correct me if I'm wrong, the poll asked what was the best series that started in 2000-2009?

If so this is a big surprise to see Gintama above Bleach since sales/rank says differently, and aside from that does anyone know what were the tank sales for Death note more or less?
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I didn't quite get what was the poll about, correct me if I'm wrong, the poll asked what was the best series that started in 2000-2009?

If so this is a big surprise to see Gintama above Bleach since sales/rank says differently, and aside from that does anyone know what were the tank sales for Death note more or less?
It was for which series represents JUMP at that time.I guess you could say which series they think of first when they hear JUMP between 2000-2009.
 

OPN

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 12, 2011
Messages
164
Reaction score
19
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
United States
im surprised that beelzebub is actually on the list...then again its one of the only recent ish series that have gained alot of popularity so im not that surprised. im really surprised death note is first though i expected something like toriko or bleach to be there (even though the later sucks now to the point i dropped it)...
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You expected Bleach to be at the top of series of the last decade, but you dropped it because of one, two arcs? lol

susanoo13
When did a series need to have strong sales to be popular? Those times are long gone.^^ And it's a vote of all those voted[>1% if numbers are true], not all readers so it will never present the complete opinion. Even if I'm not the target audience to some or they just don't appeal to me, I see why e.g. Reborn is up there.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
I never got into those details and thus I asked since I didn't know, anyway thx for the answer ^^ when seeing Toriko's place in the last 40 chapters or so and the latest chapters of Sket dance in comparison to sales what you say does make perfect sense
 

OPN

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 12, 2011
Messages
164
Reaction score
19
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You expected Bleach to be at the top of series of the last decade, but you dropped it because of one, two arcs? lol

susanoo13
When did a series need to have strong sales to be popular? Those times are long gone.^^ And it's a vote of all those voted[>1% if numbers are true], not all readers so it will never present the complete opinion. Even if I'm not the target audience to some or they just don't appeal to me, I see why e.g. Reborn is up there.
i expected it to be the biggest because of how populer it is not because how much i liked it. and ever since arancer bleach has been tangling so it wasnt just the fullbring arc that made me drop it...though it did give it a heavy push.
 

MangaHelpers

Now Sentient!
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
703
Reaction score
99
Age
20
Gender
Hidden
This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread [split]73317[/split]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top